(Topic ID: 131339)

Pinballers!

By Marc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ugh (resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    subject.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    snoop.jpg
    pinball_tv.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    EPIC.jpg
    piccit_mayor_fiorello_laguardia_ord_1133813326.png
    571816_original.jpg
    119673442.jpg
    763_4944_ucp.jpg
    led_kiss.gif
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#320 8 years ago

Settle down everyone, like this would seriously ever happen. Even if it did it would be on some deep ass ultimate cable channel like Fusion South, or NatGeo Jr. where no one would ever see it.

Would it be totally fake like all of reality TV? Yes.

Would it be bad for the hobby like may think? Possibly. Why? because while most of us on here are smart fellas, many, MANY, FAR TOO MANY dum dums out there actually think that most reality tv is real. They think wrestling, and pawn stars, and the bachelor, and tv psychics, and all of that dumb horse shit is real, so sure it could be bad for the hobby if it paints us in a gross light. Im sure there are respectable storage auction enthusiasts that groan at storage wars, Im sure storage auctions were far more cowded with people after that show started too.

Besides, that godawful dub step is the worst thing for the hobby possible.

Someone mentioned darts earlier, possibly Aurich, and how you can watch that on some deep espn channel. Filmed competitive pinball I think would be the best possible representation of the hobby. Possibly the most viable too. The production costs would be much lower, you get some sponsors to stick their logos up there, thrown in the human element with some backstory or chatting between matches, put up some fun facts and history crawlers at the bottom of the screen. Thats much more feasible and way better for the hobby in my opinion.

#337 8 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

What is up with all these people telling others to settle down and calling them over the top? You understand this is a forum where people talk about different subjects. That's the whole point.

It's a simple turn of phrase. I honestly don't care if people settle down, and think people have valid opinions on both sides. +

One might also argue that people take things too literally on here as well.

#338 8 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

You didn't like the dub step?
    Let me guess you think the theme of the show should have been Pinball Wizard? Yeah a great song but just so played out to be the theme of the show
    Dub step was chosen to give the sizzle some high energy.

Wrong. That would have been the second worse choice as I agree that song is completely played out. How about rock n' roll since they actually make pins based on rock music, and last I checked there were zero pins with dubstep in them.

#373 8 years ago

There's constructive criticism, there's having a difference of opinion, and then there's being just plain rude. Try and think of others feelings when you post people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballers-1?tu=practicalsteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.