(Topic ID: 131339)

Pinballers!

By Marc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ugh (resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    subject.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    snoop.jpg
    pinball_tv.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    EPIC.jpg
    piccit_mayor_fiorello_laguardia_ord_1133813326.png
    571816_original.jpg
    119673442.jpg
    763_4944_ucp.jpg
    led_kiss.gif
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballholder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 8 years ago

I think this could be good in terms of getting more people involved and creating larger market. This helps the viability of existing companies and may attract new ones or at least increase production or titles at existing ones (assume this show becomes a hit).

Pinball is not focused on buying and selling and making money. Market will dictate price conditions. I pinball because it's fun, has great community, and I enjoy the restoration and collection aspects of it. If the prices double in the next year, that just means I may collect less but it doesn't change how I feel. It will mean my collection is worth twice as much as well, so that doesn't hurt.

I say the more people, the better!

1 week later
    #471 8 years ago

I think there are two separate questions here.

1) Would this make a good show and/or show pinball in a positive light and 2) would this benefit pinball.

I am just advocating that I doubt it would hurt it much and chances are it would help draw new people in (people who didnt even realize they could collect pinballs) and perhaps improve economies of scale.

In terms of question 1, nah, I am not a fan of scripted reality at all and it would be hard to watch this, although I would just to see pinball.

#473 8 years ago

I just think back to all the people that I have talked to that tell me they never realized they could recapture the fun of their youth and buy their own pins. It seems so foreign to some people that it's even possible. If 1 million people watch a show and out of that 500 people go out and buy their first machine, that's not a bad thing. Not a needle mover, sure. But I don't see what this negative attention does to harm us, it's not gonna make us collectors get out. Maybe it prevents some potential people from joining but I think that's a lower number. Plus my hope is that most people (50%+) recognize reality TV for what it is.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballholder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballers-1?tu=pinballholder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.