(Topic ID: 131339)

Pinballers!

By Marc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ugh (resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    subject.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    snoop.jpg
    pinball_tv.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    EPIC.jpg
    piccit_mayor_fiorello_laguardia_ord_1133813326.png
    571816_original.jpg
    119673442.jpg
    763_4944_ucp.jpg
    led_kiss.gif
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, I think a show about tournament players & competition would do more to generate the kind of interest you'd really want to cultivate. Rather than encouraging more people to hawk craigslist in search of ways to make a quick buck.

I think a competition-based show would be fun, but in order to make it appealing to ... let's say "normal" people, you'd have to do a lot more than just present it like a sporting event, focused on actual rounds of pinball. Find some real over the top characters and play up various dramatic angles. King of Kong style. Be a little goofy with it. Present it as entertainment with a competitive angle, rather than a straight serious competition. That would be my idea for a pinball show.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't know about the rest of the pinside mass, but IMHO PAPA TV is great pinball TV. Watching great players, running commentary that covers the rules of the game being played. Random players constantly rotating in on the mic.
    I know that's an impossible sell to the non pinball public though.

Sure. I love it. I don't expect it to be riveting to non-pinheads though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballers-1?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.