(Topic ID: 131339)

Pinballers!

By Marc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ugh (resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    subject.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    snoop.jpg
    pinball_tv.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    EPIC.jpg
    piccit_mayor_fiorello_laguardia_ord_1133813326.png
    571816_original.jpg
    119673442.jpg
    763_4944_ucp.jpg
    led_kiss.gif
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcg9998.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#297 8 years ago

I understand that a lot of people here are worried about pinball collectors being looked at in a negative light.

However, those of you who think this would be bad for the hobby are, in my opinion, completely wrong.

I have a very large pinball collection and whenever people see my machines, be it at my storage unit, house, driveway, etc. almost every single person who walks up to me asks me the same question and say the same things....do they still make pinball machines?...I used to love playing those...I'd love to get one of those....

The publicity would only lead to more sales, which would lead to more and more pinball machines being built. As they say in Hollywood, any publicity, good or bad....is good publicity...

#380 8 years ago

I've read a lot of stuff in these forums about attracting new people to the hobby, especially young people and women. Just about every girl I know and most young people watch lots of reality TV. What better way to get people interested in pinball?....I'd love to hear a better idea than this from those that are criticizing. A show focusing on the latest pinball designer or how many pop bumpers that are going to be on the next pinball machine coming out will get turned off faster than you can say 'show cancelled'.

Just go take a look at the TNT video's (which I watch and love) and see how many hits they get. There are quite a few that don't even have a thousand hits. Which means that not even a lot of Pinsiders are watching it. Those videos focus a lot on some of the suggestions I read here and nobody is watching except for hardcore arcade game collectors.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcg9998.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballers-1?tu=jcg9998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.