(Topic ID: 131339)

Pinballers!

By Marc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ugh (resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    subject.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    snoop.jpg
    pinball_tv.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    EPIC.jpg
    piccit_mayor_fiorello_laguardia_ord_1133813326.png
    571816_original.jpg
    119673442.jpg
    763_4944_ucp.jpg
    led_kiss.gif
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

The question remains.
    "If" it would have made it to series, would you have watched it?
    Critiques aside, just a simple yes or no?

#25 8 years ago

Gambit3113 I'll still talk to you. Just please schedule your meeting with my agent first. I require only answering prescreened questions and the temperature of the room must stay at an ambient 72 degrees.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I don't see how this will be good for pinball in any way.

So let me get this, You're saying you wouldn't like to watch a reality show about pinball. Your saying that you being a pinball enthusiast while flipping channels wouldn't tune in?

Hmmm.

#43 8 years ago

One of the aspects I wanted or want to happen on the show would have been a historic trivia question as the show was leading into and out of a commercial break.
    Something like " what was the first talking pinball machine....stay tuned when we return for the answer".
    After the commercial break the show would reiterate the question and then show a picture of the machine - Gorgar. Then dive into a few facts about the machine and when it was produced, production run, etc.
    I also envision that if we were to be showing game restoration on the show I would love to throw props to whomever' parts, mods I'm using on that machine in order to help plug their business in this small hobby of ours.
    Once again agreeing with Jared we had no idea what the final outcome of this would look like. He filmed for three full days various bits and pieces used in this sizzle. Not that each one of us was a part of everything shot. But just saying a good 32 hours worth of film was recorded and condensed down to 9 minutes.
    The point of the sizzle was supposed to be a taste of what the show could have been and the different various formats it could have taken. At the end of the day it really boils down to what the network wants or what the format of the show will be as they are the ones that are paying for X number of episodes.

So back to my main question I'm trying to ask...would you like to see a weekly Television show about pinball? I guess if you don't watch any TV at all it really doesn't matter what's on the tube as you wouldn't watch anything.
    This project is not dead...and we're trying to gauge interest by reaching out to who would have been or would be what we would assume would be our base audience.

#138 8 years ago

Gambit3113....thank you.
    You seem to get it while the sour grapes haters do not.

I'm really surprised at the low down hatred and bigotry being said about us. Most of which my those I've never spoken a word with in the past.

The haters can't seem to understand this was just an idea and not to be primary focus of every episode. I have spoken at great length as have all of us with the producer of episode ideas including restorations, competitive tournament play, local pinball events and national shows and the buying, selling and trading we all do. If you were hoping for a documentary show entitled "this old pinball" that was never the intention of what this was to be about.
    You have to understand it would be impossible to film a reality show on the fly unless we all had Gopro's mounted to our heads.
    There were plans that if this was to go into full production there would be episode(s) focused around the many collectors here in the DFW area getting their machines ready for the TPF and all the goes on behind the scenes and the drama of putting on such a huge annual event each year.
    Heck I ran into a situation during load in this year at TPF that I thought would have been a great entertaining portion of an episode. Other episodes could be all the planning, preparing and the actual event as well as the headaches involved in planning events such as Jareds Ultimate Kiss Pinball LaunchParty.
    There are so many good/positive directions to go with this show that its goal was not to be just on the flipping for profit.

#292 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

People watch this show and think there's easy money in flipping pins.
    Suddenly Craigslist is swamped with overpriced garbage. Auctions prices soar as people rush to buy games to flip. The market is flooded with bad "blow and glow" restos designed to look good quickly and cheaply. Way more deadbeats and douchebags sticking their fingers in trying to profit.
    When you focus on the money, it ruins it for everyone. Remember comics in the 90s? Baseball cards? How about the collapse of the collector car market?

It didn't take a reality show to ruin these hobby markets. I know personally baseball cards were ruined by over saturation by the manufacturers.

So what if more junk shows up on Craigslist. Does it not already now. You either buy it or you don't. Those douche bags that don't have a true understanding of market value and buy something too high and think there is money to be made, that's on them and in my opinion is not going to affect you, me or anyone else here on pinside.

I think you just like to argue to argue Fantasygoat.
    Let's turn this around. We're looking for one more cast member in your area. You would be paid for each episode you are, interested? Send me a PM.

#301 8 years ago
    Quoted from GoBlue:

What is with all the hate? Its just entertainment. They did a great job with the filming and editing. I would gladly sit through all the scripted crap of a pinball reality show to see the parts about restoration, tournaments and collections. I am surprised about all the "get off my lawn" types on here claiming that you wouldn't watch it. Its pinball, you wouldn't watch it? Really? I don't buy it.

Thank you.

#323 8 years ago

You didn't like the dub step?
    Let me guess you think the theme of the show should have been Pinball Wizard? Yeah a great song but just so played out to be the theme of the show
    Dub step was chosen to give the sizzle some high energy.

#390 8 years ago

I think you guys are missing the big picture here and are looking too much into the content of this one sizzle reel.

I can tell you first hand that the original bit with me & Earnie was going to be a segment of us starting to do a playfield swap out on my Marilyn Taxi Pinball. I was hoping to talk briefly about how there are two variations of this game and how it was later changed to Lola for legal reasons. However 24 hours before we shot the scene our executive producer decided on the idea of us dumpster diving. Why not? It's fun and more exciting pulling a gem out of a dumpster than just doing a blah swap out. Besides that Ed was already doing a bit on cabinet restoration on Monster Bash. Was it setup, yes. But is it unheard of to find a pinball in a dumpster? No. You have to understand the purpose of the sizzle was not designed to appease the pinball community, but to draw interest from network execs. Thus all of in the cast doing different things was essential in trying to build our characters.

Further more as stated in an earlier post by me. This show was not going to be purely transactional. We have ideas for future episodes that involve competitive pinball tournaments, The cast attending pinball shows, game restorations and modding. Yes there will be drama & comic relief mixed in. There has to be, that's what makes entertaining television.

So odd that the pinball community is on the brink of having its first nationally televised show on TV and instead of being behind it, yall are against it. Oh well, watch if you want. I'm sure you ALL will. I truly don't believe those that say they won't.

#444 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

That is literally one of my spoken lines from the sizzle.
    And it's actually true in real life.

I thought the same thing Jared. Our sizzle already has a catch phrase.

1 week later
    #488 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Just when you think this thread is dead...

Can't see you behind your keyboard

#490 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

what does that even mean?

He is from Dallas as is all of us. However none of us know who he/she is. I asked via PM to see if I knew the guy, to which I didn't receive a response. Keyboard Commando ...that's all I'm saying.

#492 8 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

He is from Dallas as is all of us. However none of us know who he/she is. I asked via PM to see if I knew the guy, to which I didn't receive a response. Keyboard Commando ...that's all I'm saying.

Amazing I'm thumbdowned for calling out an anonymous keyboard commando. If you can't say something nice and you hide behind your alias on this forum...yes you're a keyboard commando. So many talk a game on the forum but won't say a word in person.
    See ya soon at one of our local dFW pinball events! I'm glad you are becoming a valued member of our local collector community.

Regards,
    Hassellcastle, aka Craig "the scavenger", aka Craig Hassell

#520 8 years ago
    Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

Wow. Lame and full of staged Hollywood drama. A bunch of self serving pricks trying to make money. I honestly think I'm more stupid for having watched this. Still though, it does not change my passion for Pinball.

I take part in a sizzle reel for a reality show about the hobby I love and have been passionate about for the past 19 years and I'm now considered a self serving prick. You know I do have thick skin and it really wouldn't mean two shits to me if it was some bozo that commented on the show and never was involved in the hobby. But this vile hatred from fellow collectors within this group blows me away. What's with the sour grapes dude?

I refer to one of the haters as a keyboard commando and I'm given a warning from the moderators....and this kind of comment is ok?

3 weeks later
    #556 8 years ago

I just keep finding these pins at dumpsters. True story

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 year later
    #587 7 years ago

The reason for the Jell-O shots reference was because we told the producer how so often when enjoying the coin op auctions here in town it usually includes indulging in mass quantities of beer. A typical auction with Earnie he's usually got a bottle of Bullit Whiskey to be shared amongst friends. Have we ever done Jell-O shots before an auction....no. But the basic concept was implemented in the sizzle.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballers-1?tu=hassellcastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.