(Topic ID: 131339)

Pinballers!

By Marc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ugh (resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    subject.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    snoop.jpg
    pinball_tv.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    EPIC.jpg
    piccit_mayor_fiorello_laguardia_ord_1133813326.png
    571816_original.jpg
    119673442.jpg
    763_4944_ucp.jpg
    led_kiss.gif
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

Meh. Those guys are a bunch of starfuckers.

#20 8 years ago

Hassle is Craig. Those jackwagons are all locals down here. Marc, Craig and Barry were all in the reel. They're all Hollywood now.

#69 8 years ago

Where is the footage of you shouting into a bullhorn at 4 people, on that trailer in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I want that reel. Will pay good $$$ for it.

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Haha, dude that's just my ulcer. It's all day everyday.

That wouldn't have anything to do with the gallon of Monster you drink every day, would it?

#93 8 years ago

What in the holy hell is going on in here? Are you guys taking this seriously? These are all good dudes, and are all friends (well, Marc likes about 4 and a half people on Earth, and I make up about .4 of that). The reel was obviously made up of scripted bits. They weren't really racing each other to overbid a CL seller. It was all staged. Just like the rest of those shows. It is entertainment. Are you not entertained????

areyounotentertained.jpgareyounotentertained.jpg

Jesus, who jacked with the sensitivity knob on this place? I had the settings just where I liked. Maybe we should just switch format to a Hummel collector's forum.

#102 8 years ago

Oh, let's stop with the bullshit. These are all guys that have been in the hobby and game for years and years. They have contacts and networks that guys even relatively new to the hobby wouldn't even get close to hearing about. They scour and horse trade and buy and sell and flip all for the love of the hobby. None of them are getting rich on this. They get deals, and it makes people jealous when they do. It isn't bad for the hobby. It drives the pinball economy. This is how every hobby works. And let's all stop lying about the money thing. If a Scared Stiff came up locally on your CL for $2500, you would be crawling over yourself to go get it. You wouldn't take the poor uninformed soul $5500 just for their ignorance.

It isn't painting anything in any light. It is showing just a new spin on the same old story. Hobby. Deals. Flip. Buy. Sell. Trump up some drama. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

#105 8 years ago

Whatever. Pick it apart and cry a river. Kumbaya.

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

We don't need people representing the hobby who talks shit to someone because they use a cane.

Barry and Marc are friends. Good lord.

#121 8 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

And how is someone supposed to understand that relationship from the trailer? I don't live in Texas, I've never seen any of these people (other than Jared).

You aren't. That reel wasn't for us to actually see. They wouldn't have done that on the show and let people think he was just making fun of some handicapped dude.

#122 8 years ago

Oh my God. Go back to watching your normal broadcasting schedule on TBN, everyone.

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Robin asked us to treat each other with respect. This reality show tripe is the exact opposite of that - it completely disrespects pinball collectors in every way possible. I'd say you pushing it means that you're the one disrespecting the hobby.

Dude, you have to be kidding. You are at a 10. We could use you at a 4. Who anointed you as the Pinside and Pinball Savior? Give it a rest with the hyperbole and the shocked dismay.

#145 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Sort of like how the neighbors of serial killers always say "He was just a nice, quiet boy."

Really?

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

Well I do live in Texas and have never met any of these "people" And please don't lump the rest of us in Texas with them. We live in the same state, that's it.

They are people. No needs for the quotes. They aren't aliens.

#322 8 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

What is up with all these people telling others to settle down and calling them over the top? You understand this is a forum where people talk about different subjects. That's the whole point.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#344 8 years ago

Nate liked it. Is Fantasygoat ready to run him off Pinside, too?

#368 8 years ago
    Quoted from graystarsfan1:

Thats ok. I'll be fine never seeing you again in my life.

Are you still upset about that F-14 offer being rejected out to half court? TPF 2014, right? I was witness to that string of conversations, and who acted like what.

#398 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Step outside for a second and ask yourself if you'd want to hang out with any of the "personalities" presented in that reel. I wouldn't. And that's the image you want to present to the world as representing pinball hobbyists.
    That's the issue people have.

Give it a rest. Go read a book.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballers-1?tu=gambit3113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.