(Topic ID: 131339)

Pinballers!

By Marc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ugh (resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    subject.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    snoop.jpg
    pinball_tv.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    EPIC.jpg
    piccit_mayor_fiorello_laguardia_ord_1133813326.png
    571816_original.jpg
    119673442.jpg
    763_4944_ucp.jpg
    led_kiss.gif
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#312 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Just remember, "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" went four seasons and they made millions.
    So nobody involved in Pinballers shouldn't think for a minute that anybody's opinion here has any bearing on whether the show is picked up or successful. Anything is possible.
    Oh.. and here's another plot storyline for a future episode courtesy of my friend Lewis:
    * A Williams 'Bad Cats' is bought in a warehouse raid and turns out to have a litter of live kittens living inside - two of which have actually learned how to cooperatively work the flippers and play the game - at least, right up until the 'dog barking' sound sample plays!

Honey Boo Boo made millions ? How do you know that ? I was offered a contract for this show. Not quite what you think. What do you think Dance Mom made..... because I know that number. She worked 5 years and just renewed her contract. What do you think she made during that 5 years ?

#313 8 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

It didn't take a reality show to ruin these hobby markets. I know personally baseball cards were ruined by over saturation by the manufacturers.
    So what if more junk shows up on Craigslist. Does it not already now. You either buy it or you don't. Those douche bags that don't have a true understanding of market value and buy something too high and think there is money to be made, that's on them and in my opinion is not going to affect you, me or anyone else here on pinside.
    I think you just like to argue to argue Fantasygoat.
    Let's turn this around. We're looking for one more cast member in your area. You would be paid for each episode you are, interested? Send me a PM.

Craig, You have a printing press ? Looking for cast members and have money will travel. Craaaiiigg?

#316 8 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Here's what we can do.
    1. Check pin prices on that one site(boston?)
    2. If the show gets picked up..
    3. Check pin prices after awhile on the same site.
    See if it changes.

What does that matter ?

#377 8 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

I dunno. Fun. Cures boredom. Let's see how high a beat-up Gott Spider Man can go for!

does it matter. Lets say it is 2K and someone buys it ?

#399 8 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Give it a rest. Go read a book.

Aint that the truth. Slightly over the top. These are good people.

#416 8 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

SO much stuff is made up. Our original "sizzle reel" that's posted on this thread was almost 4 years ago. Everything that happened was in fact, real. Nothing made up. We filmed as we went. We marketed it professionally in both LA and New York. Many networks looked at it. They wanted more "excitement". We added some boobs and broads, cursing, screaming customers, games getting damaged. Then they wanted more "family" stuff---so we filmed new stuff with my family. Then, they wanted another collectible added, so we filmed stuff about my film collecting. We went through change after change trying to cover all aspects. I actually filmed sequences with Richie Knucklez both being nasty to each other (rival dealers) and then buddy buddy---both at TNT and at his arcade. Alternate takes, scenarios, etc, different dialogue, whatever they wanted-over and over. We found the previews got just so high on the ladder and then were knocked down.
    Reality Shows are all bullshit anyway, it seems. You should know I was contacted by Pawn Stars in Vegas 4 months ago. They wanted me to fly out to Vegas with one of my cocktail table Pacman games for them to "value" and make me an "offer" for it. I asked them about expenses. I get NOTHING...I have to fly out, pay hotel, pay for Pacman to get shipped, and then film for 4 hours and get ridiculed with some shitty offer. I asked them why I would possibly consider to do this. The lady says "Because you will be on national TV and be famous". Of course, I cannot mention my company name...ONLY my name. BUT---I WOULD be on National TV on a fictitious made up "reality" show getting insulted! Oh boy, I can stay at home and get insulted without spending all that money!! SO people don't just stumble in that shop with something to sell---its all preplanned months in advance!
    But if any of you remember that TNT Amusements WAS on an episode of Food Network's BUBBA Q barbecue show 2 years ago with that ridiculous Pinball Barbecue machine that I "wanted", that was all preplanned and scripted---with alternate takes and an entire day of footage with a different storyline filmed at an auction that was never used. No pay for all those hours of work we did, and virtually no air time. Todd

This Dallas "stuff" I think has gone on 4 years if not longer. Between Austin and Dallas. I got a chance to talk to Abby from Dance mom's and the details of her situation is a "horror" story turned reality for the amount of work, time and her own money.

#426 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Show would be much better featuring some of the norther IL and WI crew as previous noted.
    BangerJay olympics, Awesome Scott D, Flanker, Neo, Sharpe Bros, JJP north campus, Expo, Pinball life Terry and crew, Stern, tons of modders, Wally MM, Logans and Barron the barcade master tech, the list just goes on and on of why the chicagoland area is the place and cast for this sort of thing IMO.

Actually the DFW, Houston and Austin scene has so much over the top activity it is great for a show like this. It is amazing the stuff that happens in the Pinball and Arcade groups and between the cities. Great TV content.

#438 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, but I was suggesting the IL/WI area is better if you actually want to show the positive light of pinball instead of what that sizzle featured.
    Lots of people out there like things besides dumb TV.
    Filming anywhere besides the radiant of all pinball and you are assured to never get past a single season.

We can respectfully disagree. I don't like the sizzle and I did not sign the contract over some things. But so say dumb TV. Really.

You a little jealous.? I think there could be much worse.

#478 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I would actually love to see a tour of your collection.

I doubt it....

My collection sucks. Its a bunch of classic Stern "Junk" and a few Bally games tossed in with a mix of DMD's , system 11 and a couple of complete thrash DE games. Those DMD's without finished software. You know "Those" games. Data East games made by the devil. Oh yea games that nobody wanted anything to do with in the 80's cause they were copies of Bally games and oh a few pinball "kits" that were not even worth a cabinet to put them in. A bunch of complete crap.

1 week later
    #542 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I think one day or another, on way or another, a pinball show will end up on TV. Too much interest from producers. Someone is going to break through.

No they won't.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballers-1?tu=classic_stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.