(Topic ID: 131339)

Pinballers!

By Marc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ugh (resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    subject.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    snoop.jpg
    pinball_tv.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    EPIC.jpg
    piccit_mayor_fiorello_laguardia_ord_1133813326.png
    571816_original.jpg
    119673442.jpg
    763_4944_ucp.jpg
    led_kiss.gif
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoBlue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#286 8 years ago

What is with all the hate? Its just entertainment. They did a great job with the filming and editing. I would gladly sit through all the scripted crap of a pinball reality show to see the parts about restoration, tournaments and collections. I am surprised about all the "get off my lawn" types on here claiming that you wouldn't watch it. Its pinball, you wouldn't watch it? Really? I don't buy it.

#290 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I don't see any "hate" here.
    Some people may or may not be that excited about the show. There's a difference between not being a fan, and "hating."
    Anybody here actually hate the guys? Anybody looking to track down the producers and hurt them? Does anybody feel that strongly about it?
    Why is it people think you either have to love them or hate them. There is no room in the middle?
    As others have pointed out, there are a hundred shows about people pulling old things out of garages and making money off them. Some of us think there's more to pinball than that, but the trailer seemed to center around that.
    I wish everybody involved luck. If the show does gain more traction, I hope it goes a more creative, positive route myself - rather than fixating on one-upsmanship and flipping games to make money. It's just that "flippers" are probably only 0.01% of the industry, and the least-celebrated type of collectors, and yet that's what the show seems to be about. Ask anybody here if we need to glorify that aspect of collecting and whether that's going to be a boon to the hobby? Not being excited about that doesn't mean "hatred."

Here are a couple on the first page.

Quoted from gambit3113:

Meh. Those guys are a bunch of starfuckers.

Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Godawful, a totally staged greedy pin-flipper competition show, I would only hate-watch this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoBlue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballers-1?tu=GoBlue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.