(Topic ID: 153842)

PinballBulbs New Speaker Light Kits BTGO Sale! FREE Kit for pinside!

By PinballBulbs

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GhostbustersSlimer_(resized).png
    speakerhexnuts_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    XMenWolverineCutOuts_(resized).png
    XMenLogoCutOuts_(resized).png
    WWECutOuts_(resized).png
    WheelOfFortuneCutOuts_(resized).png
    TwiserCutOuts_(resized).png
    TWDZombieCutOuts_(resized).png
    TronDiscCutOuts_(resized).png
    TronCyclesCutOuts_(resized).png
    StrikerExtremeCutOuts_(resized).png
    TransformersCutOuts_(resized).png
    Terminator3CutOut_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

No speaker logo's on the website it would be nice to see.

Speaker logos show up if you select a stern kit and use the logo drop down.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from Leachdude:

Do these fit the new style stern speaker grills?

Yea the same stern bracket works for all stern speaker grills. The only oddity is Star Trek. Some of the initial metal backbox panels used 2 8-32 threaded nuts and all newer metal panels use 4 6-32 nuts. If you have a Star Trek with only 2 screws per speaker note that in order comments otherwise you should be set. The stern bracket should be sufficient for sega and data east also minus the large display data east games like bay watch, batman forever etc. Those have a special bracket that James has not yet added to the site.

#15 8 years ago

Hey if you remove that pinball pro bracket from the right side I bet the right side will look more even with the left.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I'm surprised a stickler for audio would leave such a large gap around the speakers. This actually looks to be a worse seal than the other kit I bought awhile back.

speakerhexnuts_(resized).jpg

I am a stickler for audio - so that should speak volumes here (as shown by my posts in other threads). I also upgrade all my speakers before I ever even bring a game into my game room. In short, as long as the speakers are pointing forward, it doesn't matter if there's a gap or seal *at all*. Let me explain in a small amount of detail.

Smaller speakers used in pinball machines cover only higher frequencies. Those are very directional and and the speakers in a backbox do not move very much air. If you had any amount of bass, the gap being sealed would be very important (cabinet speaker for example). The speaker fires sound directly forward and there's nothing in front of it to bounce the sound wave back. Then there is a further issue. The material that the speaker is mounted to that is generating the seal must be able to reflect sound waves. Paper or tape would be much worse than super thin sheet metal, for example, would be much worse than abs plastic - which would also be much worse than some solid wood. In this instance, you could use our brackets without any led lights in them for spacers for DIY speaker upgrades as they're solid enough to support the speaker and space it back so the coax tweeter doesn't hit the grill. In fact, I use to have a similar type thing I made for my DIY speaker upgrades before I lit them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballbulbs-new-speaker-light-kits-bogo-sale?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.