New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 71920)

PinballBulbs Black Friday Sale - 2013 OLD sale

By PinballBulbs

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinJeff
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    IMG_2366.JPG
    Judge_Dredd_PF.jpg
    wpt_after.JPG
    whitewater_normal_pf.jpg
    image-404.jpg
    image-576.jpg
    image-556.jpg
    image-677.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    Tron.JPG
    STTNG.jpg
    BDK.JPG
    images.jpg

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

I think James said earlier in this thread he could combine shipping to save $$$.

Yeah, just shoot me msg or email sales@pinballbulbs.com and i can get shipping combined for ya as needed!

#52 6 years ago

I'm trying to order a kit, and getting the following when applying the promo code:
    "This coupon code is invalid or has expired."
    Help! =-)
    Dan

#53 6 years ago

Help I want to order tomorrow!

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

I'm trying to order a kit, and getting the following when applying the promo code:
    "This coupon code is invalid or has expired."
    Help! =-)
    Dan

Code updated! Sorry about that guys, server time was ahead of us so I pushed the expiration date on that out.

Thanks for letting me know!

#55 6 years ago

I dont understand why anyone would downvote OP.

Thanks for the offer Pinballbulbs.

#56 6 years ago

In for 5 thanks Brandon!

#57 6 years ago

Cyber Monday update!

UPDATE: Anyone who ordered/orders using the coupon code BLACKFRIDAY will be entered to win a FREE kit of their choice. After the sale all order #'s will be gathered and a random number generator will be sued. I'll post the screen shot here and contact the winner! The Blackfriday code is still valid until the end of Monday, 12/2!

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Cyber Monday update!
    UPDATE: Anyone who ordered/orders using the coupon code BLACKFRIDAY will be entered to win a FREE kit of their choice. After the sale all order #'s will be gathered and a random number generator will be sued. I'll post the screen shot here and contact the winner! The Blackfriday code is still valid until the end of Monday, 12/2!

Sweet!

#59 6 years ago

James, just sent you an email through your website. Email me back when you have a chance! Thanks!

#60 6 years ago

After the sale all order #'s will be gathered and a random number generator will be sued.

Great idea...I'll sue your random number generator if I don't win.

#61 6 years ago

EDIT: Just saw the response from Markmon.

Quoted from markmon:

Shadow will not be done in time for the sale. Its out on loan to a friend and won't be back for a couple weeks.

Three guys asking for The Shadow. What are our chances of seeing a kit for one soon?

Quoted from MnHotRod:

Hey James, any plans to do a lighting kit for The Shadow. Our machine is so dark sitting next to Star Trek. Would love to buy a kit for The Shadow.

#62 6 years ago

I have an Addams Family that I've always had to have some ambient lighting in the room in order to play. I just put the new ST next to it and really like that I can see everything with the room lights out. Do you (PinballBulbs) have any pictures of an AF with your bulbs in it? Or does anybody on here have an AF w/PinballBulbs that can attest to their kit? Thanks!

#63 6 years ago

Is it the pictures, or are some of the kits really heavy on the purple GI?

I was looking at ST:TNG, and considering Spider-Man as well. I love pinballbulbs, but the purple haze is freaking me out!

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boatshoe:

I was looking at ST:TNG, and considering Spider-Man as well. I love pinballbulbs, but the purple haze is freaking me out!

I believe the purple colour is more prone to be captured on Camera, and thus the pictures isn't as accurate as could be. Taking pictures of LEDs is a *****.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

EDIT: Just saw the response from Markmon.

Three guys asking for The Shadow. What are our chances of seeing a kit for one soon?

The game is out on loan, like Markmon mentioned, so in a couple weeks when it comes back a kit will be made for it

Quoted from Boatshoe:

Yeah, the purple bombs all over the photos real bad, blue as well it seems. A lot of games have purple in the spots since it provides a fantastic glow. The majority of this "purple haze" comes from the spots, so you really could swap them out fairly easily in seconds with a cool white or whatever other color. Cool white is the brightest by far, but also washes out the art frequently in our experience.

Quoted from rccola777:

I have an Addams Family that I've always had to have some ambient lighting in the room in order to play. I just put the new ST next to it and really like that I can see everything with the room lights out. Do you (PinballBulbs) have any pictures of an AF with your bulbs in it? Or does anybody on here have an AF w/PinballBulbs that can attest to their kit? Thanks!

Unfortunately, this one and scared stiff no pics were taken . There have been a good chunk of addams kits sold in the past so maybe someone with an addams kit can snag a pic? That'd be awesome.

#66 6 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with the following PBB kits? I want to snag one of them with the discount.

AFM, CV, SST, T2, TZ

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boatshoe:

I have tried very hard and just cannot get a good picture of that game lit up in the dark. None of my cameras make it look like the actual game looks. Trying to photograph actual light is very difficult. Seems quarter grabbers pic is about the best of the bunch:
    http://forum-s3.pinside.com/201311/1279644/159688.jpg

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I have tried very hard and just cannot get a good picture of that game lit up in the dark. None of my cameras make it look like the actual game looks. Trying to photograph actual light is very difficult. Seems quarter grabbers pic is about the best of the bunch:
    http://forum-s3.pinside.com/201311/1279644/159688.jpg

Shoot in RAW and learn to use photoshop!

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Shoot in RAW and learn to use photoshop!

I think photoshopping would defeat the purpose though. Not trying to doctor them up to deceive. Also, these are shot in raw

#70 6 years ago

I think photoshopping would defeat the purpose though. Not trying to doctor them up to deceive. Also, these are shot in raw

LOL

The *entire point* of shooting in RAW is so that you can tweak the image in photoshop! RAW format gives you more control of things that you can correct vs shooting in JPEG.

Shooting in RAW serves zero purpose of any kind if you are not going to process the image through photoshop (or other image software)!

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

LOL
    The *entire point* of shooting in RAW is so that you can tweak the image in photoshop! RAW format gives you more control of things that you can correct vs shooting in JPEG.
    Shooting in RAW serves zero purpose of any kind if you are not going to process the image through photoshop (or other image software)!

Sorry, I am not a photo expert, but I am definitely open to a PM with some tips on how I could make the pics better! Shoot me over a PM if you get a chance, I'd appreciate any photo tips.

#72 6 years ago

Damn, I was all excited to see the kits and potentially put in an order, but there's no BOP kit . Maybe it would be a good time to make one with BOP 2.0 coming.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

LOL

So jpg is just a file format. While it compresses the image, it doesn't add any sort of color processing. Like you could have a raw image or a JPG with very low compression which look basically the same. But the problem with photographing light is that the image is saturated in odd ways that I haven't figured out how to correct in photoshop yet. Turning on lights or using the flash helps. But that's definitely cheating. I'm getting a camera like quarter grabbers.

3 weeks later
    #74 6 years ago

James R O C K S !

I'll post pics of TAF & HS II as the holiday permits.

Merry X-Mas Pinsliders ! ! !

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

James R O C K S !
    I'll post pics of TAF & HS II as the holiday permits.
    Merry X-Mas Pinsliders ! ! !

Don't forget Mark, he rocks just as much! Man us Canadians love PinballBulbs!

#76 6 years ago

Sorry, I am not a photo expert, but I am definitely open to a PM with some tips on how I could make the pics better! Shoot me over a PM if you get a chance, I'd appreciate any photo tips.

There's a photo program out that might work. I can't remember the name of it but you put your camera on a tripod, frame and shoot first picture at zero f-stop, set f-stop to -4 and take shot, set f-stop to +4 and take third shot. Load all 3 shots into the program and it does it's magic. Might not work with a game because the inserts would be changing for all 3 shots but it might be worth a try. My buddy used it on photos he shot and it REALLY works wonders. Can't remember the name of the program though.

9 months later
    #77 6 years ago

Anyone know if Pinballbulbs will be doing a Cyber Monday sale this year?

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from arzoo:

Anyone know if Pinballbulbs will be doing a Cyber Monday sale this year?

I hope so, waiting to buy a kit for JM.

#79 6 years ago

lets hope so.

#80 6 years ago

I missed it last year, picked up a few new pins this year so I'll be buying if they have the sale!!!!

#81 6 years ago

I hope so too! These are guys are a class act and definitely my favourite bulb distributor!

#82 6 years ago

My dilemma is that I recently purchased a STTNG which I'm in the process of reconditioning. Now would be the time to do the LED conversion (something I hadn't considered when I started fixing the pin). I don't want to tear it down again but waiting 7 weeks for the sale (if it even happens) is going to kill me!

#83 6 years ago

I just purchased a STTNG as well! Picked it up on Tuesday and haven't even cracked it open yet to see what it needs

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from chrisjens2:

I just purchased a STTNG as well! Picked it up on Tuesday and haven't even cracked it open yet to see what it needs

It always needs more than you think! Mine looked really good when I bought it (playfield 9 out of 10 or so I thought). But then you start breaking it down and find all the problems and parts that need to be replaced - plastics (5 cracked), cannon covers (no domes), borg ship (melted/warped as is typical), ramp protectors, cliffy's, etc. I've already invested an additional $500 and that's before the LEDs!

#85 6 years ago

Keep us posted on the sale!
    James Rocks!

1 month later
    #86 5 years ago

Any update on a Black Friday sale? BUMP

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brich:

Keep us posted on the sale!
    James Rocks!

This man for president!

There will be a Black Friday. I really appreciate all the support since this last sale last year, can't believe it's been a year. woo!

It'll be another kit sale similar to last year. We've been having the solder worker stock up those spotlight kits so we will be ready to rock! I'll post up another thread Thursday late night after the family festivities. Have a great thanksgiving everyone!

#88 5 years ago

Can't wait and just in time ! I need to be stocking up on this winters projects.
    I love those LED strips for the upper playfield and flipper areas. Real lights up those areas and makes a cool looking black light effect .

#89 5 years ago

Been waiting for this sale so I can order the MB kit!

#90 5 years ago

So just got my 75th WoZ yesterday. Is this the GI kit of choice?

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinJeff:

So just got my 75th WoZ yesterday. Is this the GI kit of choice?

Pssssst yes

#92 5 years ago

Well, that's all I needed to know. From a disinterested 3rd party. Keeping an eye out for the sale thread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 6.00
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 3.50
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 249.00
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside