5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinJeff
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    IMG_2366.JPG
    Judge_Dredd_PF.jpg
    wpt_after.JPG
    whitewater_normal_pf.jpg
    image-404.jpg
    image-576.jpg
    image-556.jpg
    image-677.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    Tron.JPG
    STTNG.jpg
    BDK.JPG
    images.jpg

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

See out thread for the 2014 sale!

* This sale currently does not include the WoZ kit.
    * This is limited to one kit in your cart and will be taken off the highest priced kit.

Go to www.pinballbulbs.com/led-kits to see all available kits we currently are offering. For kits, we really try to do something different and unique. Our kits are not simple bulb replacements. We focus on lighting the entire machine evenly so that the game can be played in the dark without any strobing or dark spots near the flippers. The pictures just don't do the games justice. We also price in non-ghosting bulbs on machines that ghost. So none of our kits ghost. You do not need to add "premium" for more money on our kits.

Check out some pictures of our various kits below:

IMG_1717.JPG
    monsterbash_full.jpg
    afm_pf.jpg
    bdk_b_a.jpg

whitewater_normal_pf.jpg
    wpt_after.JPG

Post edited by PinballBulbs: Updated for 2014

#2 5 years ago

What if the Kit I wan't isn't listed?

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

What if the Kit I wan't isn't listed?

Just shoot us a PM and we can see if we are able to get one to LED. All kits are only added once we are able to personally LED the machines in person. We get games coming through the shop frequently though so we can definitely put the game you would like on the list and get it added

#4 5 years ago

Are there pictures of each machine? I would like to see your TZ kit

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from skristof:

Are there pictures of each machine? I would like to see your TZ kit

Yeah, go ahead and go to the LED kit link posted above and each machine, except maybe 1 or 2 we forgot to take a picture of, has pics of it. The picture should give a great idea of what they look likle, but of cours esome colors don't come out perfectly on camera

#6 5 years ago

Just ordered the demo man kit, says it has non ghosting, hope I like it

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

I'm sure you will, seen his work first hand and it is NICE! Great attention to color and detail without being over the top and in your face.
    (unlike the backglass)
    images.jpg

#8 5 years ago

Every game I own has a Pinball bulbs kit in it. And I'm not joking either, every one!

BDK.JPG

STTNG.jpg

Tron.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

Here's pinballbulbs demo man:
    image.jpg

Some others from pinballbulbs:
    image-576.jpgimage-677.jpgimage-404.jpgimage-556.jpg

#10 5 years ago

I've seen many of the Pinballbulbs.com kits in person and I have to say I am amazed at how great they look. The games are beautiful and evenly lit and not overpowering. It is obvious that bulb color selection and intensity have been very thoughtfully selected and the inserts are not overly intense (something I can't stand. Sometimes "too bright" really is "too bright"!)

Great discount, guys. Now, about that Creature kit....

Art.

#11 5 years ago

You know I really like you and respect you as a collector rarehero but why the thumbs down to these guys? PinballBulbs is awesome!

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You know I really like you and respect you as a collector rarehero but why the thumbs down to these guys? PinballBulbs is awesome!

Must be a story there, but with pinballbulbs awesome product and customer service, can't imagine the problem.

#13 5 years ago

He may be upset that there is no discount on the kit for his WoZ.

#14 5 years ago

This may be a dumb question (and looking at the pictures seems to answer it), but do they color match the inserts or just use all white bulbs? I like the pictures they provide, and would like to know if their kits match their pics in both color and layout. I have a Congo, and their picture of their kit looks really nice.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

This may be a dumb question (and looking at the pictures seems to answer it), but do they color match the inserts or just use all white bulbs? I like the pictures they provide, and would like to know if their kits match their pics in both color and layout. I have a Congo, and their picture of their kit looks really nice.

They are color matched and you'll learn some cool things along the way... like how a pink LED can make an orange insert really "pop"...etc... pretty creative and since each kit is tested you don't have to worry about a couple inserts needing no-ghost led's or any other oddities. The led strips by the flippers is an effect I particularly like.

#16 5 years ago

Got my spiderman kit in the mail on wednesday and installed it yesterday (95% of it) and it is awesome!
    I will post a full review in about a week but in the mean time anybody who is in doubt grab this amaxing kit with a 25% discount it is really a great addition to your game.

#17 5 years ago

James is the Man, and Pinball bulbs is an A+++ supplier !

Great Black Friday sale ! ! !

regards,

Steve

#18 5 years ago

Are the kits priced according to how many ghosting/non ghosting LEDs they need? I've heard that in JM it doesn't matter...so am I paying extra for a quality of bulb I don't need?

I may be misinformed about the JM...I'm just curious.

Are individual light strips and spot lighting kits discounted too? Or just full kits?

Thanks.

#19 5 years ago

Doh - knew I should have waited, especially now with the Getaway kit out...

Oh well...

Thanks for the hard work and great service.

#20 5 years ago

Also, I'd pre-loaded a cart with stuff...no full kits...and the normal Pinside discount gives me more off than the Black Friday discount...
    If I buy a kit and some strips and bulbs...will all applicable discounts be factored in? 25% for the kit and 10% for everything else?

#21 5 years ago

Just on kits? How about a discount on LED lamp orders?

#22 5 years ago

Well, for me it has been 5 years since I have done anything with LED's,
    on one of the posts somewhere, someone had mentioned if you have not used them in like 5 years, they have come a long way... hoping this is the case, I hated the trailing/ghosting it put on the ball, it was like the ball had a trail behind it.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Are the kits priced according to how many ghosting/non ghosting LEDs they need? I've heard that in JM it doesn't matter...so am I paying extra for a quality of bulb I don't need?
    I may be misinformed about the JM...I'm just curious.
    Are individual light strips and spot lighting kits discounted too? Or just full kits?
    Thanks.

The kits are made and at that time it is determined if the game ghosts or not. Then James prices the kit based on that recommendation.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Just on kits? How about a discount on LED lamp orders?

There is a year round discount Pinsider code for 10% off - I think is is "pinside" - but don't quote me on that.

#25 5 years ago

Hey James, any plans to do a lighting kit for The Shadow. Our machine is so dark sitting next to Star Trek. Would love to buy a kit for The Shadow.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Hey James, any plans to do a lighting kit for The Shadow. Our machine is so dark sitting next to Star Trek. Would love to buy a kit for The Shadow.

Haha, that's funny, I just PM'd him the exact same question! I hope they make one, their kits look amazing!

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Hey James, any plans to do a lighting kit for The Shadow.

Ha! I was just checking their website for the same kit!

#28 5 years ago

Hate to say it, but looking at some of those pictures only reaffirms for me why I would never buy an LED "kit".

I don't want to speak for him, but if I had to guess, the thumbs down would be for the same or similar reason that I mention above. I just wouldn't put the all those same colors in the locations that they chose. Simply a matter of personal preference.

Congo looks freaking hideous, for example.

#29 5 years ago

Also, I'd pre-loaded a cart with stuff...no full kits...and the normal Pinside discount gives me more off than the Black Friday discount...
    If I buy a kit and some strips and bulbs...will all applicable discounts be factored in? 25% for the kit and 10% for everything else?

Not sure I am understanding this one. You loaded cart with "stuff" and it is cheaper than black friday? The kits are onyl ever 10% off for pinside discount and the individual spots and strips don't get anything higher than pinside discounts, if any discount so this should definitely add up to be a lot higher of a discount than a 10%

Quoted from Prosedsp:Haha, that's funny, I just PM'd him the exact same question! I hope they make one, their kits look amazing!

Just got that PM as well. Will see if we can get kit created today or tomorrow for you guys!

Quoted from RobT:

Hate to say it, but looking at some of those pictures only reaffirms for me why I would never buy an LED "kit".

I don't want to speak for him, but if I had to guess, the thumbs down would be for the same or similar reason that I mention above. I just wouldn't put the all those same colors in the locations that they chose. Simply a matter of personal preference.

Of course, to each their own Congo has a new color white-green in it. That has been really hard to photo, same with the white-blue. It starts out green or blue and then is massively toned down to add a lot of cool white into it. Always comes out looking bombed in the pics. Many of the kits really need to be seen in person to be more appreciated. Either way, if ever in the Portland area hit us up!

#30 5 years ago

Any chance of a Judge Dredd LED kit? I'd be in for one for sure as the game is way too dark for me.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Just got that PM as well. Will see if we can get kit created today or tomorrow for you guys!

Awesome, thanks!

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Ha I think that's the best one in the lot...

I also think rarehero just doesn't like markmon.
    (Pure speculation on my part though)

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from juandylan:

Any chance of a Judge Dredd LED kit? I'd be in for one for sure as the game is way too dark for me.

The hold u on this is that it needed custom strips because it was so dark and a widebody. Ill get on finalizing that this weekend for you!

Judge_Dredd_PF.jpg
    #34 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Fair enough, everyone has different tastes.

#35 5 years ago

Just ordered the AFM kit. Thanks for the deal!

#36 5 years ago

ordered TAF Ultimate LED kit + an extra flipper lighting kit
    so excited !!!!!

is it ok to place another order this weekend using the discount code if I can get the `ol lady to loosen up the purse strings ? would like another kit for either tron or TSPP… hmmmm….

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

ordered TAF Ultimate LED kit + an extra flipper lighting kit
    so excited !!!!!
    is it ok to place another order this weekend using the discount code if I can get the `ol lady to loosen up the purse strings ? would like another kit for either tron or TSPP… hmmmm….

Of course! However, the code is good for one user and one kit, but we could definitely combine shipping on additional kits

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Shadow will not be done in time for the sale. Its out on loan to a friend and won't be back for a couple weeks.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

The hold u on this is that it needed custom strips because it was so dark and a widebody. Ill get on finalizing that this weekend for you!

Judge_Dredd_PF.jpg 239 KB

That's exactly what I'm looking for! Let me know when you have it ready this weekend. Thanks.

#40 5 years ago

It's very hard (for me) to take pictures, in the dark, that accurately reflect the colors. My camera seems to pick up way too much on the purples and blues. Quartergrabber's pictures are way better than mine.

Here is another attempt at a congo photo. In person, the green up front is a very white-ish green with a slight green hue. In the photos it looks like a green bombed mess I suppose if we turn on the overhead lights and photo the machines, they'd look better. But that defeats the point of these kits, which totally illuminate the game in the dark.
    I should note that this congo does have a green lower playfield window plastic.

IMG_2366.JPG

#41 5 years ago

wow, that congo looks wild with the colored led's and the side mirrors.
    would be great to play that version at one of the pin shows

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

It's very hard (for me) to take pictures, in the dark, that accurately reflect the colors. My camera seems to pick up way too much on the purples and blues. Quartergrabber's pictures are way better than mine.
    Here is another attempt at a congo photo. In person, the green up front is a very white-ish green with a slight green hue. In the photos it looks like a green bombed mess I suppose if we turn on the overhead lights and photo the machines, they'd look better. But that defeats the point of these kits, which totally illuminate the game in the dark.
    I should note that this congo does have a green lower playfield window plastic.

IMG_2366.JPG 138 KB

Feel free to use my pics on your website if you want.

#43 5 years ago

This is impressive stuff. I'm sold.

#44 5 years ago

Anyone have a pic of the LOTR kit? Web site doesn't show a pic.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Anyone have a pic of the LOTR kit? Web site doesn't show a pic.

It looks something's me this, with the exception of the path of the dead mod that's on this image lighting up the entire left corner. image.jpg

#46 5 years ago

Thanks for the pic markmon - I'm sold.

Now does anyone have a pic of the Scared Stiff kit so I can see it all done up???

#47 5 years ago

I guess the question is: can more than one discount be applied? Because if I buy a kit AND $100 worth of bulbs...the 25% discount only works on the kit right? Not the bulbs....so do I lose my discount on the bulbs?

Applying BF discount to a NON kit order of $180 gave me a $6 discount....whereas the standard Pinside discount discounted $18.

"????

#48 5 years ago

I guess the question is: can more than one discount be applied? Because if I buy a kit AND $100 worth of bulbs...the 25% discount only works on the kit right? Not the bulbs....so do I lose my discount on the bulbs?
    Applying BF discount to a NON kit order of $180 gave me a $6 discount....whereas the standard Pinside discount discounted $18.
    "????

My guess is not. You could order a kit then place a second order for bulbs with discount code and use local pick up shipping with a comment to combine orders? I dunno. Maybe use the contact form and see what they say.

#49 5 years ago

Just ordered the SS kit (I'll post pics), and my friend just ordered the LOTR!! Can't wait to see them in our games!!

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

My guess is not. You could order a kit then place a second order for bulbs with discount code and use local pick up shipping with a comment to combine orders? I dunno. Maybe use the contact form and see what they say.

I think James said earlier in this thread he could combine shipping to save $$$.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 11.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 85.00
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 19.95
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 30.00
    Various Novelties
    Game Room Info Shop
    There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside