Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I noticed some of you being somewhat from my area and like to mention that there's an annual
    Pinball/Arcade gathering this Saturday February 25th. If you like (or at least don't mind) EMs, I'm
    sure you'll have a good time. Many show up, including area collectors. EM pins and Arcades.
    Quite a few sign up for the Blind Draw Big Bowl Bowling Tournament which is always a hit.. (T)

#2 7 years ago

Arg, that's league night in Rochester D:

what time are you picturing?

#3 7 years ago

It Starts off a 4:00pm till ?
    Last year it ended around 2:30am, but I will say,
    we have seen day break before.
    At Mid-night, I'm sure they'll still be many here..

2060 Van Auken Rd. 14513 BTW - I meant to say: Blind Draw Big "Ball" Bowling Tournament..

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

It Starts off a 4:00pm till ?

Darn, guess I can't make it. Sounds like fun!

#5 7 years ago

4 hours and 45 minutes is really a push, as much as I'd LOVE to. Have fun!

Send me home with that Star-Jet project and maybe I'll change my mind hehehe

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Darn, guess I can't make it. Sounds like fun!

Well, hopefully next year, but it's always around the same time of the year on a Saturday.
    Once in a while the Game Room's happening in Summer, but most of those
    gatherings are out back down at the Pond..

Quoted from Otaku:Send me home with that Star-Jet project and maybe I'll change my mind hehehe

One of these Gatherings we'll have to see about getting a trading deal in action
    making the trip more worth while. I do enjoy making trades..

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

One of these Gatherings we'll have to see about getting a trading deal in action
    making the trip more worth while. I do enjoy making trades..

Yeah, very true, usually I tend to hold onto my things though, I'm more of a buyer than a trader. Let me know if you want anything purchasable, haha. Even if I have to buy it to do a trade!

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I'm more of a buyer than a trader. Let me know if you want anything purchasable, haha. Even if I have to buy it to do a trade!

Oh, I think I see. I buy an item, then you give back for the project S.J. That sounds like it would work..
    But honestly, I rather take a machine than money from a fellow collector, although by purchasing my last
    Arcade piece, it did put a little dent in the account, but not large enough to regret it. But I really should
    sell a couple pieces to help counter balance that last transaction..
    What maybe I had in mind, if something pops up that you grab and I could use, we perhaps can make a
    trade and I'll also through in the project S.J. to equal things out, or maybe just for an incentive..
    I could use a Lucky Hand's bottom, and also could use a Hurdy Gurdy's head, but don't expect either one of
    them falling your way, but never know..
    I also don't like to part with machines I have or planning on having set up, but I do have dups for trades.. (T)

#9 7 years ago

FYI I've been there it's some of the rarest and nicest sh-t you'll ever see and well worth the trip . Some of T's examples of the harder to find AAB will make you drool

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

will make you drool

You're a good Pinball Friend Bryan, and I don't know about make you drool, but
    I can say they do play well, and I'm pleased with some of the Arcade pieces I
    was able to acquire..
    It is worth the trip because of the good Folks that show up which always makes for
    a great time..
    I really wish you lived closer because you also would be a huge plus for the Party.. (T)

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I really wish you lived closer because you also would be a huge plus for the Party.. (T)

Hopefully someone takes plenty of pictures at the party and shares them so we can see all the great machines all all the fun people had.

#12 7 years ago

I don't generally take pics, but I was told many do end up on facebook (I don't do facebook).
    I'll see about getting some pics posted here. I like checking other pin parties pics out also..

#13 7 years ago

Wasn't a good weather day up your way, was it? How did it go?

#14 7 years ago

Thanks for asking. The weather wasn't to bad. Actually, weather wise, it was an
    amazing week with one day reaching near 70 and yesterday afternoon near 60
    with rain and dropped fast in the 30s at night with some flurries..
    Many showed up with both rooms rolling pretty good..
    A Friend shot a short video. I'll see about getting it posted.. (T)

#15 7 years ago

Yeah, earlier in the week the weather was very nice. Was 74* downstate by me on Friday but Saturday was dicey, especially late afternoon. We got a rare winter thunderstorm with some pretty heavy rain. Up your way, it looked like it went from balmy to wintry pretty quickly. But hey, the pins are inside so what's the worry?

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

We got a rare winter thunderstorm with some pretty heavy rain. Up your way, it looked like it went from balmy to wintry pretty quickly. But hey, the pins are inside so what's the worry?

Power outages!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Power outages!

Apparently the tournament at Rock Fantasy had some issues

#18 7 years ago

Yeah, that line of storms was pretty intense, especially for winter. Not terribly bad here by me, but I'm sure some areas got it much worse. I even heard there were tornado warnings around Lancaster Pennsylvania.

#19 7 years ago

There was a couple down pours along with wind in the early-mid afternoon over this way,
    but lasted fairly briefly. By showtime it certainly wasn't sunny, but pretty much calm..
    Although unlike most days that follow Winter parties, I will be doing a little mopping in the
    2nd room that has the tile floor before too long.. (T)

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

You're a good Pinball Friend Bryan, and I don't know about make you drool, but
    I can say they do play well, and I'm pleased with some of the Arcade pieces I
    was able to acquire..
    It is worth the trip because of the good Folks that show up which always makes for
    a great time..

Thanks man wish I could have made the trip, maybe next time

#21 7 years ago

Here are some links to videos that people took at this party.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from fastford02:

» YouTube video
    » YouTube video

Ah, nothing but stinkin' add-a-ball games! Just kidding of course. I'm making the trip next time for sure!

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm making the trip next time for sure!

That would be great if you could make it! I'll make sure I post it for sure..

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from fastford02:

» YouTube video
    » YouTube video

Wow the place was packed! If this is an open invitation then I'll make it a point to go next year, what an incredible collection of games!! Do you even have space to live?! The pins have taken over the place!

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Thanks man wish I could have made the trip, maybe next time

You ride with me chief! I'll pull wheelies the whole way on the Thruway!

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

A lot of pins in the back will do that for ya

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

If this is an open invitation then I'll make it a point to go next year

It's kind of open, but really most were Friends, and the rest were Friends of Friends..
    Needless to say, you enjoy Pinball, so certainly you're welcome to come. I'll make sure
    I post it next year also..

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Do you even have space to live?!

Yes, I have space to live. What you saw was my basement and the addition's basement (with the tile floor),
    and above the addition's basement isn't finished yet, but once it is, I'll have room for quite a few more
    machines which I'd really like to have set up..
    Sorry that the vids didn't show so much of the machines. Looks like she concentrated mainly on the party itself..

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah we'll go through Middletown in Upstate , 60 miles and drive silly . Should I bring my F---ing tools?

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I'll pull wheelies the whole way on the Thruway!

'I like pulling wheelies". Not going to a pin party, but actually have pulled wheelies a few times
    with the Barracuda. 456 gears, with soft compound Mickeys on the rear rims..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballarcade-party-newark-ny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.