(Topic ID: 127179)

PinballArcade in a Cabinet?

By cpiel

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    BH.png
    AFM.png

#1 8 years ago

I'm a bit late to the party here but just discovered TPA on my droid and my jaw is on the floor. I've played vpin, fpin over the years and most recently tried out some cabs at Pinfest last week which was cool but not compelling imo. Well after playing TPA today with those stunning 3D graphics, I'd buy or build a cabinet version in a heartbeat - especially if the definition, color depth and 3D viewing angles are like the droid. Does anyone know if cabinet support is happening anytime soon? Most of the threads I found were from fall 2013.

#2 8 years ago

cabinet mode is supported now, simply rotate the screen in settings and you are good to go, but not supported for an extra screen or dmd as yet - I think.

#3 8 years ago

Ah, ok - thanks. Was this announced somewhere? I couldn't find anything. Seems odd that DMD support is not available yet when they demo'd it at a show over a year ago.

#4 8 years ago

They borrowed someones vpin cab and said they were interested, this was like 3 years ago? And it just hasn't happened yet.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

cabinet mode is supported now, simply rotate the screen in settings and you are good to go, but not supported for an extra screen or dmd as yet - I think.

I'm playing the current PC version on Steam (Pro pack) and there is no option to rotate the screen. What version and system are you using where you see this? Thanks in advance for sharing.

I also don't see an option to turn off the scrolling/zooming - something that's helpful when playing a vertical table on a horizontal monitor but not needed once in portrait mode on a vertical monitor.

I've not had any luck reaching anyone at Farsight yet to ask them directly.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from cpiel:

I'm playing the current PC version on Steam (Pro pack) and there is no option to rotate the screen. What version and system are you using where you see this? Thanks in advance for sharing.
    I also don't see an option to turn off the scrolling/zooming - something that's helpful when playing a vertical table on a horizontal monitor but not needed once in portrait mode on a vertical monitor.
    I've not had any luck reaching anyone at Farsight yet to ask them directly.

First of all you have to have to download the Pinball Arcade Public Beta.
    This is the new directx 11 version.
    When you click on play a dialog box will open.
    Click Launch Configuration Utility and click on the DirectX 11 tab.
    Change the Width to 1080 and the Height to 1920.
    You will then need to rotate your computer screen to portrait mode using your video cards software.
    Now run the Pinball Arcade public beta and you are off to the races.
    Don't forget to toggle to full screen by using the Alt/Enter keys at the same time.
    Good luck.
    It took me quite awhile to figure it all out.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

First of all you have to have to download the Pinball Arcade Public Beta.
    This is the new directx 11 version.
    When you click on play a dialog box will open.
    Click Launch Configuration Utility and click on the DirectX 11 tab.
    Change the Width to 1080 and the Height to 1920.
    You will then need to rotate your computer screen to portrait mode using your video cards software.
    Now run the Pinball Arcade public beta and you are off to the races.
    Don't forget to toggle to full screen by using the Alt/Enter keys at the same time.
    Good luck.
    It took me quite awhile to figure it all out.

wow, ok - key information you shared there - thank you. I assume this also results in the auto scroll/zoom being disabled (or means to do so)? I have a couple more quick questions but will send a PM. Thanks again!

#8 8 years ago

for me I just went into general computer settings (not in the game) and rotated the screen and then started the game and it game just drops the images either side of the playfield and places the scores top centre. The portrait view still shows a little of the outside of the cabinet and floor but still looks pretty good though some refinement would be nice.

I am looking forward to Timeshock to come out as that should be nice to play in a cabinet and they are catering for a cabinet.

I am creating a pinball arcade cocktail table with a 32" HD Samsung led monitor and mac mini in which soon hope to hook up arcade buttons using a macipac.

I wish Zen 2 Pinball offered a cabinet view as have some cool games and the lighting and gameplay is better than PA.

AFM.pngAFM.png
    BH.pngBH.png

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from cpiel:

wow, ok - key information you shared there - thank you. I assume this also results in the auto scroll/zoom being disabled (or means to do so)? I have a couple more quick questions but will send a PM. Thanks again!

To toggle the camera lock and prevent the auto-scroll, press V on the keyboard.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I wish Zen 2 Pinball offered a cabinet view as have some cool games and the lighting and gameplay is better than PA.

Pinball fx2 supports cabinet way better than pinball arcade and you can put DMD on second monitor. Not sure what you're wishing for here.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #11 8 years ago

didn't really know about fx2, will have to check out, game looks good

#12 8 years ago

Does it drive anyone else nuts that instead of the bare floor...there where other machines on either side...even let us pick/change them....something that little would go a long way.............Joey

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballarcade-in-a-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.