IMG_2838 (resized).jpeg
20240229_103034 (resized).jpg
20240229_102916 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240223_222657783.jpg
20240223_173130 (resized).jpg
20240221_094552 (resized).jpg
20240220_194338 (resized).jpg
DB62DD70-87BD-4855-B1C5-9F58C89ECD41 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txstargazer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#265 8 years ago

Here's what my collection looked like a few days ago. Seiko Astron, Rolex Submariner, 1960s Omega Constellation and Grand Seiko Spring Drive 10th Anniversary. Both Seikos are now sold. image.jpgimage.jpg

#270 8 years ago

Thanks guys! The Omega was my late father's. I plan to pass it on to my son. I have regular maintenance performed for longevity.

#303 8 years ago

I agree; go for the Longines. It is a classic look that will hold its value and appeal in the coming years.

1 week later
#337 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I now blame all of you for my renewed enthusiasm to fill my fourth winder spot.....this is it.....will go with rose gold and brown band...ahhhhh....calling my St. Thomas Dealer Tuesday....
http://www.rolex.com/watches/cellini-date/m50515-0007.html

image.jpg

Absolutely stunning!

1 week later
#356 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

My new "baby" will be getting here tomorrow!

h1.jpg h2.jpg

Quite a classic - I love it! Great box too!

5 months later
#437 8 years ago

You'll be counting the seconds to midnight in style!

#440 8 years ago

But you'll know it is EXACTLY ten.
I'm wearing my Rolex Submariner (no date). I like the flat crystal and symmetrical face.

#443 8 years ago

Nice Kermit Toucanf16!

1 month later
#486 8 years ago

I'm thinking of picking up a stainless steel white face Rolex Daytona at the end of the month.

#487 8 years ago

The Daytona I hope to acquire at the end of the month:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#489 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Nice. Daytona, Deep Sea, and Submariner in black are only Rolexs I would ever own. I have a Deep Sea and that fills my one Rolex quota for now. A solid gold Daytona might be on my radar in the near future. That or a solid gold AP ROO.

My current everyday watch is a black Sub (no date). I love it!

#505 8 years ago

My daily wear Submariner

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#508 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Most Subs have the Cyclops eye. Can't stand it that's why I got the Sea Dweller.

I like the cyclops "Date" version, but not nearly as well. I prefer the symmetry and cleaner look of the original style "no date" Sub. Also, it makes it easier to rub the haze off of the crystal without the cyclops there. Although I sometimes wander through life in a bit of a haze myself, I usually know what the date is anyway.

Last year I purchased this 114060 with the in-house 3130 movement new and it has proven to be very reliable, durable and accurate. I really like the new Glidelock clasp, as I can adjust it without tools on a hot or cold day as my wrist size changes. It's my daily wear watch; you can dress up or down with it. I'm not a big "bling" guy and it flies under the radar unless you run into another "watch person".

3 weeks later
#533 8 years ago

Toucanf16, I love the look of that Zenith Pilot! Is that a 45mm case? I think watches without added complications don't get enough love. My everyday watch is a Submariner without the date/cyclops because I like the symmetrical look and clean crystal. Congratulations on a beautiful timepiece!

#535 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Holy crap.....check out this watch. Pretty amazing but cost as much as a Corvette.
http://www.fratellowatches.com/mct/

I'll take the 'Vette.

#548 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...and here's the version for all us mo mo's!

momo_(resized).jpg

Very unusual but it is not as nice as the Polex Submariner I was offered in Beijing. He started at $250 and ended up following me down the street. At $20, he gave up on me. I should have bought it for $20 for a laugh.

#550 8 years ago

I got this rare timepiece at a family Christmas grab bag. It doesn't work. Never did.

#551 8 years ago

The entire face is covered in hearts when you tilt it at a certain angle. It weighs all of half an ounce. The 4 plungers are fake but I am sure the diamonds are real. Shine on you crazy diamond..

#552 8 years ago

Will consider trades for an HUO Tron LE plus cash.

2 weeks later
#586 7 years ago

Rolex is releasing a new Daytona:

Rolex is introducing a new version of its Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona in 904L steel, with a monobloc Cerachrom bezel, developed and patented by Rolex, in black ceramic.

Photos and a short video at rolex.com

Damn, it looks nice! Now it is worming its way into my brain like some demonic earwig.

#587 7 years ago

Here is an image of it - crappy resolution, but you get the general idea. Images on the Rolex site are beautiful.

new_Daytona_(resized).jpgnew_Daytona_(resized).jpg

Better yet, here is a link

http://on.rolex.com/1SS2AEV

1 week later
#604 7 years ago

What brand is it? Do you know who made the movement or how old it is? I've never seen one like this before.

2 weeks later
#616 7 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Ok. So this just happened. I blame all of y'all for it too!

image_(resized).jpeg

Beautiful! I've been getting the urge lately to pick up another Omega soon. You are a bad influence - thank you.

#627 7 years ago

This just arrived today.

#628 7 years ago

The photos don't do this black beauty justice.

#629 7 years ago

New style deployment clasp, movement and face.

IMG_0488_(resized).JPGIMG_0488_(resized).JPG
IMG_0491_(resized).JPGIMG_0491_(resized).JPG
IMG_0489_(resized).JPGIMG_0489_(resized).JPG

#630 7 years ago

Thanks to the folks on Omega Forums for referring me to the right vendor.

#631 7 years ago

Cool laser engraving.

#634 7 years ago

Thanks Astropin, it feels great on the wrist. Seems much smaller than it actually is.

#638 7 years ago

I used http://www.chitownwatch.com
They delivered exactly as promised and Sergey is a great guy.

#654 7 years ago

I think Seiko and especially Grand Seiko are under appreciated in the US.

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Omega planet ocean today. Haven't had this on in a long time.
Love the orange and black on stainless bracelet
Need to set it even though it was on winder.

image_(resized).jpeg

Beauty! You need to remember to wear it more often.

2 weeks later
#709 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#723 7 years ago

Imagine what your net worth and liquidity would have to be to feel comfortable dropping 2.5M on a watch.

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I wonder if he has pinball machines....

Yes, but no pros; strictly LEs!

2 months later
#739 7 years ago

I've been meaning to do this for a long time; this morning I bought a Grand Seiko Snowflake. I love the Spring Drive, the textured face and the smooth motion of the blue sweep hand. Sorry for the poor photos.

IMG_0415_(resized).JPGIMG_0415_(resized).JPG

IMG_0416_(resized).JPGIMG_0416_(resized).JPG

IMG_0417_(resized).JPGIMG_0417_(resized).JPG

#744 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Simply a fantastic watch that far too few people know about.
It's on my short list.

Exactly! The level of workmanship and the accuracy of the Spring Drive are amazing. And they are priced well below the Swiss competition.

#748 7 years ago

Grand Seiko is a great value for the money. The Snowflake is SBGA011 and has a "bright titanium" bracelet and case. The alloy they use is brighter and harder than most titanium watches, not the usual grey - yet still very light. It wears easier on the wrist than any other watch I have owned. The face is three dimensional and resembles the surface of a snowdrift. Amazing in person. MSRP is $5,500 and excellent discounts are out there.

Here's a couple shots of the nicely decorated movement.

IMG_0418_(resized).JPGIMG_0418_(resized).JPG

IMG_0419_(resized).JPGIMG_0419_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#796 7 years ago

Impressive Bulova! That strap is perfect for it.

1 month later
#835 7 years ago

Nomos is a classy brand and a great value. Nice watch!

#842 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I've got a Seiko Prospex GMT Diver incoming. It's a beast at 47.5mm but thankfully only has a 51mm lug to lug so I should be able to (just) pull it off. Looks like it's going to take a while to get here so here's a pic off the web.

Lots of bang for the buck with that one!

2 months later
#1024 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Always wanted a Grand Seiko for my collection. But to be honest, they are kind of blah looking. The Spring Drive however, pushed me over the end. It's an interesting mechanism.

I absolutely love my Grand Seiko Spring Drive Snowflake. It is very light on the wrist, dead accurate and the snowdrift ripples on the face are subtle and beautiful. The smooth motion of the blued sweep hand is very cool too.

#1027 7 years ago

IMG_0415 (resized).JPGIMG_0415 (resized).JPG

IMG_0417 (resized).JPGIMG_0417 (resized).JPG

IMG_0418 (resized).JPGIMG_0418 (resized).JPG

6 months later
#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay....so just for a little fun I picked this up. Well it helps that my wife is a Disney nut and we are DVC members:

It's even got a halfway decent Japanese 24 jewel automatic movement with hacking and hand-windable. Certainly could have been a lot worse for $80.

I ordered one from Amazon just now (Saturday) and they said it will be here on Monday. Can't beat it - a fun watch for $79. Thanks for the tip Astropin.

2 months later
#1355 6 years ago

Seiko is now releasing the new version Orange Samurai (Seiko Men's SRPB97 Prospex Japanese Automatic Stainless Steel Dive Watch) through Amazon exclusively (for now). I think it looks great and is a lot of watch for the money. It comes with both a steel bracelet and a silicone band if purchased in this preorder. They start shipping November 13th. Yep, I'm in!

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

Unknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpeg

#1356 6 years ago

If ordered by 11/12/17 there is a 10% off preorder price break.

2 weeks later
#1399 6 years ago

My latest addition:

E1973673-9E4E-4165-AB01-94A781D52388 (resized).jpegE1973673-9E4E-4165-AB01-94A781D52388 (resized).jpeg

D7D43DDB-22F7-4B47-B860-469A69AF175A (resized).jpegD7D43DDB-22F7-4B47-B860-469A69AF175A (resized).jpeg

BA5DB175-416E-4F3D-836F-15B05FF04C9B (resized).jpegBA5DB175-416E-4F3D-836F-15B05FF04C9B (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

And grail timepiece
And current pin / current timepiece

Love that Breitling! What is the model #, etc?

4 months later
#1591 5 years ago

Bob's Watches is a good outfit. I have used them a few times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Colts Neck, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txstargazer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches?tu=txstargazer3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.