20240328_132611 (resized).jpg
20240328_133155 (resized).jpg
20240328_132004 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_125215854 (resized).jpg
584B2BD0-71AB-4AFA-885B-9BBA9C938FB8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3801 (resized).JPG
IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
66DA93E6-9AFB-49D2-8E7F-3808007DCBEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#249 8 years ago

I love watches but just can't bring myself to buy a really expensive one. I have two nice Movados I wear, but from poking around in some of the watch forums, it seems that most people make fun of them.

18416496589_17491113d0_z.jpg18416496589_17491113d0_z.jpg

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

there's a lot of snobbery, especially over what people perceive as "mall brands". If you enjoy wearing it then that's all the counts.

Yep, that's exactly what I was seeing. It couldn't possibly be nice if you can buy it at the mall.

Does anyone order from Ashford? I know you don't get the factory warranty, but from what I've been reading, their own "in-house" warranty is just as good. I ordered this one from there because it was substantially cheaper than buying from an Authorized Distributor. I found another watch on there I like, but I was wondering if anyone has actually used their warranty?

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Whoa! I think that one looks sharp!....never saw that style before....

Thanks spfxted. I really like it too. The other one I have is an ESQ that my wife bought me for my birthday. Once again, not an expensive one, but as long as I like it, that's all that matters to me.

07301416_FXA.jpg07301416_FXA.jpg

#257 8 years ago

The ESQ that my wife bought is about the size of a dinner plate.

I don't mind it most of the time, but other times it gets in the way. I'll never tell her that though.

#259 8 years ago

I was looking at this one, but I really don't want to spend $837 for a watch. That could be money towards another pinball machine!

http://www.ashford.com/us/watches/bulova-accutron/kirkwood/64A103.pid?nid=cpg_cat380022&so=21

4 weeks later
#352 8 years ago

That's a sweet looking watch. I don't do preorders though after falling for one last year that keeps getting pushed back over and over and over. I think I'm getting screwed out of $1,500 on a helmet.

6 months later
#464 8 years ago

Does anyone know anything about this one? It's from the eBay link posted above. I really like it, but know nothing about pocket watches in general, let alone ones that have been converted.

ebay.com link: UNION UHRENFABRIK GLASHUTTE Stainless Steel Wristwatch

#466 8 years ago

I'll have to measure my one Movado when I get home and see how large it is, but something around 47mm sounds about right. I don't have any really high end watches like some of you guys do, but I still enjoy what I can afford.

Anyway, is that an excessive price for that brand pocketwatch converted? And the really dumb question of the day ......My assumption is that it needs to be wound on a regular basis? How often do you have to do that to an old watch?

1 month later
#553 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Will consider trades for an HUO Tron LE plus cash.

So my RR WoZ won't do it. Damn!

9 months later
#939 7 years ago

Nothing crazy expensive like most of you guys have, but I got this Boluva last week.

IMG_2450 (resized).JPGIMG_2450 (resized).JPG

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Is that one of their new watches with the continuous sweep second hand and quartz movement? I like the dial with the four screws, looks cool.

It is. I really like the fact that it continuously sweeps instead of the standard tick.

#949 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

What is the depth rating on that? 300m?

Yeah. It's 300m. Although I don't dive so I guess as long as it handles the occasional splashing when I wash my hands, I'm in good shape. I'm too much of a wus to get it wet.

6 months later
#1203 6 years ago

I have the dumb question of the day. I was wearing my Boliva that says "Water Resistant 300m" on the face. Can I go swimming with that on?

I did a little reading and most people are saying that you shouldn't wear it in a pool because it's not guaranteed to keep water out.

Thoughts?

#1207 6 years ago

You guys are scaring me.

Maybe I'll just take it off to be safe. It wasn't that expensive, but I really like it.

#1230 6 years ago

Do you guys do your own batteries? I have a Movado that I think needs a battery. The second hand only moves in 5 second increments. I'm guessing you would pay a repair shop to do something really high end, but the Movado was only a few hundred.

#1236 6 years ago

This one appears to be held on with 4 screws, so it should be a pretty easy change. I'm hoping that's why the second hand jumps 5 seconds at a time and there isn't something wrong with the movement.

1 month later
#1260 6 years ago

I'm hoping someone can help me with some battery replacements. One watch looks pretty straight forward other than needing an insanely small flat head screwdriver.

The second one seems to have a tab over to the right side. Do I pry up on that to pop off the back? It's a Movado ESQ that my wife bought me a few years ago.

One other question....How does everyone clean their bands? I have an ultrasonic, so I guess I'd need to remove the band or risk damaging the watch?

IMG_5063 (resized).JPGIMG_5063 (resized).JPG

IMG_5061 (resized).JPGIMG_5061 (resized).JPG

IMG_5062 (resized).JPGIMG_5062 (resized).JPG

#1262 6 years ago

Now I just need to find and buy a screw driver small enough.

Thanks!

5 months later
#1443 6 years ago

It was just deliverd and I just took it out of the box.

47825B05-A0EC-4BCF-BAE8-128D6C7A3C8C.jpeg47825B05-A0EC-4BCF-BAE8-128D6C7A3C8C.jpeg

F94B7B7A-BDE4-4B91-9F77-E8A437DE791E.jpegF94B7B7A-BDE4-4B91-9F77-E8A437DE791E.jpeg

1 week later
#1457 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I keep thinking about getting a Rolex.

I’m in the same boat. I’ve wanted a Rolex for years, but $8k on a watch is hard to swallow.

I really want an Explorer II with a white face.

#1464 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Get a nice used one...no one will ever know the difference.

All the used ones I find seem to be almost as expensive as the new ones. The other problem is that I wouldn't know a fake from one that's authentic.

I did stumble on the Rolex forum. There seems to be some reputable sellers over there if you poke around.

https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

This is exactly what I want to buy.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=580109

1 month later
#1507 6 years ago

I have a question for all you watch guys. My new Tissot sits on my wrist wrong and I'm not sure how, or if I can, fix it. It doesn't sit in the center of my wrist. I keeps wanting to move to the back. Any way I can manipulate the band? It's getting on my nerves.

It's hard to see in the picture, but it's definitely not in the center of my wrist.

IMG_7077 (resized).JPGIMG_7077 (resized).JPG

#1510 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Hard to tell in the picture (and pics can be deceiving) but the lugs don't extend beyond your wrist do they?

They do not.

How would I know what band to buy without being able to wear it before purchase?

#1514 6 years ago

The watch is only a few weeks old and I only wear it a few times a week, so the band is pretty new. I've never owned a nice band before, so maybe the higher quality ones take longer to break in that other do?

Quoted from Mike_J:

The band almost appears vertical at the lugs? If so, this will relax and should soon provide the feel you are looking for.

Good catch. I didn't really even look at it that way. On the back when it comes off the lugs it's pretty much vertical. On the front, there is more of a curve. I'm wondering if I can shift it's position on the pillow in my watch case and get a little more curve to it.

All my other watches (except one) have metal bands.

8 months later
#1644 5 years ago

I picked this one up on a Black Friday sale and took a picture of it last night after leagues.

It's not really expensive like a lot of other ones here, so no poking fun.

IMG_0838 (resized).JPGIMG_0838 (resized).JPG

#1646 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's a George Forman Grill!

It’s only 45mm.

1 year later
#1768 4 years ago

I don't have the crazy money to spend on watches, since it all goes to pinball machines, but I picked this up the other day. I really like it. I wasn't sure if I would or not, but it looks nice.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

My daily...[quoted image]

My (achievable) dream watch is the Explorer II Polar.

1 year later
#1947 3 years ago

So lets say I have a watch that I love, but I absolutely hate the leather band. Any suggestions on getting a new one? Do I have to take it somewhere, or are they universal where I can just buy something online?

This is the watch.

https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-us/t0704051641100.html

#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I dont have an answer for you but great looking watch.

Thanks! I love the watch, but hate leather bands so I don't wear it as much as I'd like to.

Quoted from JayDee:

Here’s a site I found for you https://www.mastersintime.com/watch-bands/tissot/?strapsearch=T070405
You can probably find a band anywhere as long as it’s 22mm wide. That’s a sweet looking watch you have

Thanks @JayDee, that's really helpful. I didn't find that site in my searches. Unforunately it looks like they only have one bracelet listed as compatible.

https://www.mastersintime.com/us/en/tissot-seastar-1000-stainless-steel-mesh-bracelet-t605045261.htm

Anyone have any experience with a Milanese Clasp?

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I saw that, but those are tissot brand only. I’m guessing you can find other bands on other sites that will fit as long as it’s ‘straight pin, 22mm wide’?
[quoted image]

Interesting. I must be off my game this morning. I totally missed that as well. I guess I only have one option for metal if I want it branded Tissot.

I actually emailed them and the just sent me the link that you posted.

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Your particular watch has a 22mm lug width, so you can replace the strap with literally any strap that’s 22mm in width. If you’re like me, you’ll probably have a drawer of a gazillion different straps for every occasion and to change up the look every so often. Just search on Amazon or eBay for something you like.
The only special tool you’ll need is a “spring bar removal” tool, but they’re only a couple bucks.

Awesome. Thanks. Does it matter if it's curved or straight? Or does it just need to be 22mm wide?

#1957 3 years ago

Anyone have any brands they like? I don't want to pick up some piece of crap but I don't want to spend a fortune.

8 months later
#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

The Seiko Alpinist Ginza is made from Beskar…[quoted image]

That's pretty cool looking. Looks like it's limited to 3000 pieces. The pictures I'm seeing has more of a blue face. Is yours different or does it just change color based on lighting?

SPB259_1 (resized).pngSPB259_1 (resized).png
1 year later
#2338 1 year ago

I’ve been in 3 Rolex stores in Vegas since Tuesday. No one has any stock at all. I’m trying to buy an Explorer II Polar with no luck.

#2347 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Unless you are a long time, valued customer, you are not getting a NIB Explorer II from an authorized dealer right now.
A couple of those dealers probably have the watch in stock, too.

Why is that? I have $10,000 in my pocket ready to go.

They had some new stock today, but it was 3 women’s pieces.

4 weeks later
#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I’ve been in 3 Rolex stores in Vegas since Tuesday. No one has any stock at all. I’m trying to buy an Explorer II Polar with no luck.

I just wanted to follow up on this post. I visited the same 3 Rolex stores everyday for 5 days while I was in Vegas and they had nothing. Well, at least that’s what they said.

Based on what everyone posted here about them not selling to people they don’t know, I decided fuck Rolex.

I bought a Bond Premium instead.

8E094A80-2890-450F-9F74-AD370D7DA2B6 (resized).jpeg8E094A80-2890-450F-9F74-AD370D7DA2B6 (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#2501 11 months ago

Has anyone ever purchased either a new or used watch from Chrono24? I've been considering a TAG Aquaracer but I like one of the older models with the white dial and date at 3 o'clock. There are a few options on Chrono24 but most come from out of the country.

I'm not sure how I feel about that or the fact that some are used.

Specifically this one.

https://www.chrono24.com/tagheuer/-tag-heuer--way2013ba0927-5---k119895--id28220987.htm

#2504 11 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Chrono24 is great, but beware of importing watches from overseas. Customs fees and taxes can really bite ya.

Is there a way to calculate them? I tried finding an online calculator which then required a HS code. There are about 30 options when it comes to wrist watches.

1 week later
#2520 10 months ago

This is more car and watch than pinball and watch, but oh well.

Watch (resized).jpgWatch (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 300.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.