20240328_132611 (resized).jpg
20240328_133155 (resized).jpg
20240328_132004 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_125215854 (resized).jpg
584B2BD0-71AB-4AFA-885B-9BBA9C938FB8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3801 (resized).JPG
IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
66DA93E6-9AFB-49D2-8E7F-3808007DCBEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 8 years ago

Anybody got a genuine Rolex stainless steel submariner with black dial and date they want to work a trade on for high end pins?

2 years later
#1238 6 years ago

Anyone got any recommendations on where in the philadelphia, pa area I can get a rolex datejust fixed? The crown won't stay screwed down. Maybe it's stripped?
The local dealers want to send it to rolex where the minimum service charge is around $800. I was just about to jump in the ocean with it on when I noticed the crown was popped up. I have been swimiming with it all week until now. Lucky I saw it in time!
Also in the market for a ss submariner gently used, if anyone has one for sale.

#1245 6 years ago

I was told by several rolex dealers that to fix my crown issue, they would have to send it to rolex. They said it would undergo a basic service program and cleaning and this service would cost $800. They also said the crown repair might or might not be extra. Service time would be 8 weeks or more.
I am planning on getting a quote from National watch at 8th and chestnut in phila this week.

2 years later
#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone know a place that repairs Timex watches? I have an old timex expedition analog w/ alarm clock crown. that I shipped to timex to fix...and timex @#$@#$ broke my watch and will not fix. so.....

Try Mark Sirianni Watch Repair. I copied his info below. He specializes in high end mechanical watches and does excellent work for a fraction of the factory cost. He may be able to help you out.

I can work on just about any type of good mechanical watch:
Bulova, Tudor, Seiko,Omega, Rolex, Hamilton, Gruen, Tissot etc...
Call or email anytime for an estimate on your watch repair.
1-814-837-9435

2 months later
#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Help me out guys, first post here .
I have a 2004 Rolex Submariner oyster/ date / stainless. I need to get a new dial face , I called the local authorized dealer and the answer I got was ...
" we would send your watch to rolex for an estimate that would cost you $1500 for maintenance , then they could tell you how much the replacement dial face would cost, and would take more than 8 weeks .
WTF ? an estimate shouldn't cost me anything, besides it doesnt need to be serviced , it just needs a new dial. So it sounds like for a mere $2k or more I can get a new dial face !?!?, what a crock of shit.
What do i do , options??? I'm looking to sell it .
Thanks

Try this guy. Excellent work on Rolex at very good prices. Much less than the usual Rolex dealers! I've used him with great success!
Mark Sirianni Watch Repair
25 Fraley St.
Kane, PA. 16735
Phone 1-814-837-9435
cell - 1-814-558-4818
web- www.watchdoctor.biz
email [email protected]

#1891 3 years ago

Presuming your watch got wet as you mentioned, how sure are you that there is no rust or water damage to the internal workings other than the dial? Water damaged mechanism can get very expensive!

1 year later
#2036 2 years ago

I have an old Pulsar digital watch which I bought many years ago when they sold them at Bailey, Banks and Biddle! It was the one featured in the James Bond movie and of course any red blooded American male HAD to have one just like it! Needless to say, it stopped working long ago and the batteries they used in it are not easily available. Anybody know someone who can get it working again? It might be fun to alternate it with the Submariner from time to time!

2 months later
#2076 2 years ago

That's a beauty!!

10 months later
#2247 1 year ago

I and several friends have used this guy before. He does great work on all quality mechanical watches and for a very reasonable price. Like less than half of what Rolex dealers charge! And much faster also.

25 Fraley St.
Kane, PA. 16735
Phone - 1-814-837-9435
Cell - 1-814-558-4818
www.watchdoctor.biz

2 months later
#2373 1 year ago

That's a BEAUTIFUL watch!! Look at it this way. You will be looking at it literally on your body every day for many years to come. Therefore, it should be something you absolutely positively love!! If you do and can afford it, then it's worth it!

3 months later
#2458 11 months ago

I have used this guy (below) before with very good success. You might want to give him a try. As for diving with my watches, I used to regularly swim/snorkel with my 30 year old Rolex Datejust, until I was entering the sea one time and saw that the winder had popped out and wouldn't screw back down. Close call! I sent it in and Mark (below) fixed it for me. His advice was never to take your Rolex or other expensive watch into the water. He said that although a watch in good condition SHOULD be water resistant to the approved depth, and he tests the watch to assure it is within specs, the consequences if something goes wrong can be significant. He talked about watches that he received for repair where the internals experienced significant rust only a few days after immersion in salt water. He said repair costs can get extremely high if the movement is partially or fully damaged. His bottom line is don't risk it - buy a less expensive dive watch to swim in and save the Submariner for other activities. I guess if I had baller money, or was a bit of a gambler, I might just go ahead and dive with it anyway. But since my funds are somewhat limited, I take it off when going in the water.

On a side note, I'm trying to decide what a good relatively inexpensive (< $500) dive watch might be. Giving thought to the Luminox watches. Anybody got a better choice?
Rolex watch repair
All Rolex watches are completely disassembled, ultrasonically cleaned, reassembled properly oiled and timed. Cases are polished; crystals and bands are buffed. Case tube, crown and back gaskets are replaced. I pressure test each Rolex repair to check for water resistance. I use genuine Rolex parts where needed.

Rolex overhaul cost is $200 plus the return shipping.Delivery time is usually 3 weeks.

Why spend $700-$800 and wait 2 months for the factory to service your watch. I can do the overhaul and have your watch back on your wrist looking and running properly in half the time.

 Mechanical Watch Repair
I can work on just about any type of good mechanical watch:
Bulova, Tudor, Seiko,Omega, Rolex, Hamilton, Gruen, Tissot etc...
Call or email anytime for an estimate on your watch repair.
1-814-837-9435

25 Fraley St.
Kane, PA. 16735
Phone - 1-814-837-9435
Cell - 1-814-558-4818
www.watchdoctor.biz

4 months later
#2675 7 months ago

I wear a Rolex Sub because I only ever wear two pieces of jewelry - my watch and my wedding ring. When something is going to be that close a part of me and be worn all day, every day, I want it to be something that makes me completely happy. Every time I look at it, I want to feel good about it. For me, the Sub does that. I reallu like the look of it! Is it worth the money it costs? Probably not, but they have been going up in value for the last 30 or 40 years so I can probably sell it for as much or more than I paid for it, if I ever decide to part with it.

I'd rather leave it to one of my sons, but they are at the moment more infatuated with the latest Apple watch that lets them send emails, texts, talk on the phone like Dick Tracy and a number of other things that mean little or nothing to me. I guess a certain element of today's youth look at things differently than my generation. Maybe they will change their opinions as they get older. We will see.

When working on pinball machines or other activities where the watch is likely to get banged up, I usually take it off. I've been thinking about maybe grabbing a Luminox or something similar because I like the bright glow in the dark dial and hands and I also occasionally snorkel or scuba dive, but I am not sure if that is the correct knock around/dive watch for me. I would swim and dive with the Sub which it is rated for diving but my watch guy says don't. He says although it is pressure tested to a certain depth and almost certainly won't leak, if it ever did, the results could be extremely expensive. Especially if I couldn't get the watch to him within a day or so which I might not be able to do. And especially if it is salt water. So the Sub stays out of the water generally and I'll look for something that won't cause a major disaster if something goes wrong. Anybody got any thoughts on Luminox generally?

4 months later
#2856 86 days ago

I’m looking for a relatively inexpensive dive watch with strong glow in the dark illumination. Mostly snorkeling but occasionally scuba at depths of less than 50-60’. I’m thinking a cost of hundreds, not thousands of dollars.
I usually wear a Rolex Sub but am uncomfortable swimming with it, especially in salt water. My watch guy says it should be no problem but if it did leak, it would be an expensive nightmare. Also, I’m hesitant to wear it in certain countries when traveling due to street crime and the fact that I am mostly unarmed when outside of conus. If I got robbed of a $400 watch that would be one thing but a Rolex would be a little harder to swallow. I’d rather just leave it home in the safe. ( A friend’s son was just stabbed and killed in California over his Rolex. )
Any thoughts on the various luminox watches? There’s a used one near me for $200 but it is around 10 years old. I’m concerned the tritium illumination might be mostly gone in 10-12 years. Any other suggestions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Trade
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches?tu=sbmania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.