20240328_132611 (resized).jpg
20240328_133155 (resized).jpg
20240328_132004 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_125215854 (resized).jpg
584B2BD0-71AB-4AFA-885B-9BBA9C938FB8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3801 (resized).JPG
IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
66DA93E6-9AFB-49D2-8E7F-3808007DCBEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#569 8 years ago

I see a lot of panerai in those magrettes

#572 8 years ago

I have a few watches in my collection, but nothing crazy. Father also has a few nice pieces.

1 week later
#582 8 years ago

My box. Not including a couple cheapies I throw in my night table drawer.

IMG_20160323_173756_(resized).jpgIMG_20160323_173756_(resized).jpg

#584 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I wonder if an $8,000 pinball machine will ever match the build quality/quality of materials and attention to detail found in an $8,000 watch.

No.

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Meegis, nice collection! What's the watch between the Concord and the Carrera?
I like the presentation box. I'd love to have one to display my collection, but the wife (General) says it would attract a thief. Needless to say, my watches are all in jewelry bags and plastic sleeves in a drawer! LOL!
image_(resized).jpeg

That is an Omega DeVille co-axial rattrapante.

Double column goodness.

IMG_20160326_093314_(resized).jpgIMG_20160326_093314_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160326_093053_(resized).jpgIMG_20160326_093053_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#700 7 years ago

As much as I love my watches, I feel bad that I never wear them. I can't wear them at work and they just sit in a case.

Hard feelings just keeping them couped up

#702 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Why can't you wear them at work?

For the time being I run a warehouse, but my warehouse is me and one other guy, so I'm constantly lifting, climbing, and physical. I'd destroy a watch back there, and there's no way in hell I'll wear my nicer stuff.

#704 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Get a Tegimented Sinn! You won't dent one of those.
http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/sinnwatches.asp
"This watch features "Tegiment" technology. Standard steel used by most watch companies has a hardness of between 200 and 240 HV (Hardness Vickers is a common scale used to measure material hardness). The Tegiment layer has a hardness of 1,200 Vickers which is up to five times harder than standard steel."

It's also a comfort and safety thing. When I pick and pack orders it will catch on things. I've tried wearing 'cheapies' and it just didn't work for me.

Appreciate the info though.

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha I know the feeling. I like watches on the bigger side, and I like to wear them with a suit. Of course with cufflinks there's usually not enough room to wear them

I wear jeans and a hoodie to work. But I get filthy and gross. One day I'll move out and up.

Any Americans looking for a hard worker PM is great

1 week later
#715 7 years ago

Today's wear with summer wedding garb.

1464447838074-1304918339_(resized).jpg1464447838074-1304918339_(resized).jpg

4 months later
#807 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I haven't seen any posts here lately. Figured I'd post a picture of my latest acquisition; a SevenFriday Series V.

Does the dry night indicator let you know if you've wet the bed?

On a serious note though, the distributor for sevenfriday here is run by a local car dealership (they are more than just cars) and I really like them. Just tapped out financially for the last little while.

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I'll be frank. The watch is innovative and well manufactured but it's a pain to read the time (that's part of thr attraction I guess). It's top-heavy and large. If you have a large wrist you'll be fine. My wrist is 6 1/2 inches and the watch tends to submarine a lot.

I'm large. I can handle it, just can't afford it right now.

Anyone hiring? I'll relocate.

#811 7 years ago

I want a Franck Muller crazy hour..... Now that's a. Awesome mechanism.

1 week later
#824 7 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

Some amazing watches here guys ! Thanks for posting - this is obviously not even in the same league but I love it - was my grandpa's - from the 50's??
I'd love to know make and model but haven't been succesful yet
Clean and simple design

Closest thing I would find was a 1965 wrist alarm. Same style but obviously with a second function.

Nothing else close though. Sorry.

If you have time, scroll through this listing, might get lucky: http://www.mybulova.com/bulova-models-1950s

3 weeks later
#882 7 years ago

I've always liked the look of a few Skagen models, they just don't fit right in my wrist.

#920 7 years ago

Saw this earlier... Seems like a blatant Breitling ripoff. Can anyone enlighten me if Im missing something, or is it just that.

http://www.sinn.de/en/Modell/903_St_B_E.htm

They dont seem to be cheaply made or priced.

1 month later
#985 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Picked up this beauty last week

I prefer the PD next to it

#1002 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

SevenFriday V Series with Leatherman bracelet.

I like what seven Friday has been doing, but not hot on that bracelet.

As long as you like it though

3 weeks later
#1054 7 years ago

I was considering letting some of my watches go on here (not a member on the other forums).

Really have no idea though.

3 months later
#1164 6 years ago

Christophe Claret had a pinball watch in 2013

1 month later
#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Then again I think anyone with a mortgage that has the balls to call themselves a "homeowner" is fake too. That's not home ownership, that's an elaborate rental agreement.. But plenty disagree with me there too.

I have enjoyed reading the back and forth banter, and you bring up good points, but this one I wonder a little.

Let me define first though...

If you apply for a mortgage on a home you can't "afford" (living house poor) than yes, I agree completely.

However, if you need to break into the market, which in some cases is very difficult (i.e. most of Canada - holy hell are we screwed) than a mortgage is required. It is near impossible for anyone starting out to buy a home within 80-100 miles of a major metro here [Canada] to even being to fathom home-ownership.

Now when it comes to leasing a car.... that is a long term rental. While it has some merits, especially in business sense, it is usually just people who want more but can't buy it.

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You're not earning 6%-9%
You're leveraging the roof your family lives under for 2%-5% after subtracting the mortgage rate, fees & some taxes. Take the average & its maybe 3.5%? We all have different risk tolerance but 3.5% net is not enough for me. Especially when the S&P is like the highest its ever been since its like ever been lol.
The 1% incentive is understandable if you are the 1% using it as a tool. 99% are not. Inflation washes that one out for you.
I dont chase the highest gain. If I did I'd go balls deep on a HELOC to make short term trades or a fixed mortgage to buy some high yield junk bonds. But that scares me.
Sorry I ruined the thread... but gold Submariners are a trigger for me

And risk aversion is the key to most people; the problem is a lot of people don't understand the difference in perceived risk, and end term stake.

I have neighbors who live in 1M+ homes, likely on a greedy mortgage, with a couple Mercedes/Audi/Porsche SUVs in the driveway, but if you look in the house, half the rooms are unfurnished. You can easily see, because the temporary paper blinds they put up 5 years ago when the house was built are still hanging. The cars are leased (not financed) and they struggle to keep up appearance, but that's just it. It's the social facade that people want the outside world to know.

As for watches... Just buy it already... Gold is going to go up in value.

#1220 6 years ago

I want a handful of watches I can't justify spending on, especially since I haven't worn a watch in a couple of years due to work conditions.

#1224 6 years ago

Im in suburbia north of Toronto. A new home now sells on a premium 35' x 88' lot (postage stamp imo) 2500 sq. ft will put you into the 1.5M+ bracket.

Townhouse row homes are pushing the 1M+ mark now. Sucks.

6 months later
#1444 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

It was just deliverd and I just took it out of the box.

I almost pulled the trigger on that Tissot, but found it didn't look great on my wrist.

Still love it as a piece on it's own though

3 months later
#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from Johnywallter:

if you’re in the market with a limited budget but want to feel the titanium technology on your wrist, then you might consider one of the best seiko watches for men — the SGG711 Titanium watch. It is geared with many awesome features and designed to compliment your sense of style. In addition, it includes a 40 mm titanium case and a stationary bezel all crafted from strong and light-weight titanium to provide a more luxurious feel and look.

That Seiko sure looks like a Rolex

2 weeks later
#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh yeah...it's a necklace...
This guy does incredible work. I have a phone case and a few other pieces......addictive!!
https://www.facebook.com/morgans.mutations/?fref=ts
Want one? Get it here....last one...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/602185162/snaggle-tooth-pendant-glow-in-the-dark?ref=shop_home_active_2

Why does it say one of a kind though? Clearly he has sold more than 1.

4 months later
#1607 5 years ago

Tried on a pearl faced breitling limited edition.... Not sure I'm ready to plunge.

Soooooo nice though (hard to take a proper pic)

IMG_20180929_122104 (resized).jpgIMG_20180929_122104 (resized).jpgIMG_20180929_122134 (resized).jpgIMG_20180929_122134 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#1634 5 years ago

If one we're looking to buy a new or used watch crica 2-5 years old, what would be a good (trustworthy) place to look.

I've been eyeing a month Blanc that's becoming impossible to source.

I've found two, but one is in Germany and one is in the Netherlands. I don't feel comfortable sending that kind of money overseas to a stranger

Any advice?

#1636 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sorry to flex so hard on y'all[quoted image]

Phone, watch and vehicle

Triple threat over here

1 month later
#1659 5 years ago

Anyone here ever make a purchase with chrono24?

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm scarred for life from buying/selling watches online. I had a horrible experience selling my first time on a breitling forum. MF'r tried to scam me out of $3300. I'm not into watches that much anymore (would rather have a pin than 1 watch) but I'm afraid to go through the online selling process again, so they just sit in my drawer.

Could always sell but not ship. Only meet in person.

Even sell on here as suggested depending on what you may have.

#1665 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

yes, that's where I got the Bremont above. No problems at all.

Was it international? I've found a watch I like, but it's in the Netherlands and I'm in Canada.

5 months later
#1705 4 years ago

Beautiful piece Tommy. That watch is worth more than my wife's SUV.

1 month later
#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Where did you purchase it that accepted Bitcoin?

I understood it as he made earnings from Bitcoin, and used his investment profit to purchase.

I could be wrong.

3 months later
#1748 4 years ago

Please keep my business dealings confidential.

3 months later
#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

No. Just a picture I pulled. I bought from the only Rolex dealer in south Dakota. They didn't have the 38mm in stock so they're ordering it from Rolex

Congrats on pulling the trigger, just curious though...

Did you try on anything that's 38 or 39mm?

It's quite small depending on your wrist size

Gents are not what we used to be way back when lol

11 months later
#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Cool thread. I'm a little bit of a watch guy, not too crazy though. I've always preferred Tag Heuer as in my opinion they meet that casual but nice happy medium. I have a few, actually gave one away to my nephew a few months ago and he seemed to be pretty excited about wearing a nice watch (don't see many kids doing that nowadays).
As you can surmise from my username, I'm a massive sports car racing fan. As such I've always been a fan of the Gulf Oil livery, notably any time they're on an Aston Martin or a Porsche. I'd love to have a Monaco Gulf ala Steve McQueen, but alas those are a bit out of my price range.
Here's a photo of my favorite watch, a Formula 1 Gulf special edition. Bought it several years ago when I was at the airport in Singapore. Had some time to kill waiting for my flight to Malaysia and was poking around the duty free. Other than Hong Kong of the airports I have been to the selection in Singapore is about as good as you can find. Wasn't expecting to find this watch, and wasn't really in the market to actually buy one (I usually like to ask permission from the Mrs. before making a significant purchase). Stumbled across this one though and instantly knew I had to have it! Always happy to throw this thing on my wrist.
[quoted image]

Tag has a bunch of gulf livery watches, I love the look of them.

11 months later
#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I don't see how you tell time on it....

Quoted from joetechbob:

Was wondering the same. Does it alternate hours and minutes?

There's a page that tells you how.... Scroll all the way to the bottom

https://tokyoflash.com/products/model-2-nixie-tube-watch

3 months later
#2163 1 year ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

IWC TOP GUN
[quoted image]

Love iwc, but never pulled the trigger on one

6 months later
#2299 1 year ago

Blu mare?

#2314 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I've been around here a couple years and somehow never knew there was a Pinball and Watches thread! Great stuff, some beautiful pieces in here. Rolex and Panerai make up the majority of my collection but I also like IWC, Sinn and a couple others.
The colorway on this IWC Petronas makes me want a Bond LE to match! [quoted image]

Love this color

1 year later
#2823 3 months ago

Nice Franck.... Is this an 8880?

What size is your wrist? I'm trying to figure out how much smaller I can go on Franck with my mammoth arms.

#2828 3 months ago
Quoted from ChiPin1978:

It’s a 6850. My wrist is small. I haven’t had time to take out a couple links so the photo might be misleading. Anyway, they wear smaller (and more comfortable) than you’d expect so slightly larger is totally ok in this instance.

I've tried on an 8880, but not sure how much smaller I can go. That's my issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 28.00
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Trade
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches?tu=meegis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.