20240328_132611 (resized).jpg
20240328_133155 (resized).jpg
20240328_132004 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_125215854 (resized).jpg
584B2BD0-71AB-4AFA-885B-9BBA9C938FB8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3801 (resized).JPG
IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
66DA93E6-9AFB-49D2-8E7F-3808007DCBEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heyyousir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#421 8 years ago

Thanks to this thread I became interested in the Steinhart watch brand. Today I opened up my first NIB Steinhart. It's an Ocean 1 Black with a ceramic bezel. I would highly recommend them. Great customer service and a good product.

1 week later
#430 8 years ago

For those that own a Steinhart Ocean One black or anyone that has an ETA 2824-2 powered mechanical watch...
How much power reserve does it have after being worn for 10+ hours?
How accurate is it per day?

My watch has about 18 hours power reserve. The ETA 2824-2 specs advertise a 40 hour power reserve.
I'v seen a variance of 30 seconds in a day. Advertised spec for this movement is +-20 seconds per day.

I realize that mechanical watches can be a whole different ballgame than quartz watches, but I'm curious as to what others have experienced. I'm taking notes on mine over a two week period (at Steinhart's request). This brand new watch of mine may end up being repaired or replaced by Steinhart. TBD

#432 8 years ago

Ok. This was the first watch that I've ordered from Steinhart so I wanted to see what others have experienced. On top of the cost of the watch I paid Steinhart 30 euros for shipping and handling. I see now that I have been invoiced from FedEx directly recently for another $19 US ($12 US for customs and a $7 US advancement fee which I assume FedEx is charging me for them paying the $12 in advance.)

Have others had a similar experience?

3 weeks later
#455 8 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

For those that own a Steinhart Ocean One black or anyone that has an ETA 2824-2 powered mechanical watch...
I'm taking notes on mine over a two week period (at Steinhart's request). This brand new watch of mine may end up being repaired or replaced by Steinhart. TBD

I sent my Ocean One back to Steinhart for warranty repair. With their current backlog looks to be 4-5 weeks to get fixed.

4 weeks later
#518 8 years ago

Just opened my NIB Steinhart Marine Chronometer II. I love the watch, but did notice that Steinhart appears to have changed their packaging. Apart from the typical paperwork, this watch came with a generic (no Steinhart logo) white outer box and a generic (no Steinhart logo) presentation box that is simulated wood instead of the typical leather box that I have seen before. Maybe they use different boxes for their various lines of watches or they have changed things in general? This picture doesn't do it justice, but when viewed in the right light the hands have an aged-blue look to them, much like an old watch might. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#526 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

My Steinhart Ocean One Black.. purchased in December. Have not regularly worn a watch in some time but love this one.

I bought one of those in December too. Right away I could tell mine wasn't performing within spec for that movement. I ended up shipping it back to Steinhart for adjustment. I should be getting it back soon and I'm looking forward to it.

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Could you elaborate on what you noticed?

Two things:
1. Power reserve was only 18 hours instead of the expected 40 hours for this movement based on being worn an average of 10 hours per day.
2. Watch tended to run 30 seconds slow over a 24 hour period instead of the anticipated +-20 seconds.

Basically, the watch was performing out of spec. I told Steinhart about this and since I noticed
this after only having the watch a few days they suggested that I document it over a two week
period and then let know. When I did that they said it would be best to send it back to their master
watchmaker for repair. Shipped it back to them and was informed that repairs would take 4 - 5
weeks. The five week period ends this week.

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Anyone have a Steinhart Aviation GMT?

8fba83d191553fd03f17de8a83e9f278_(resized).jpg

That is a nice looking watch, but personally I am not a big fan of GMT watches. Don't want/like that extra hour hand. Again merely personal preference. For looks I prefer the chronograph version of that watch which I believe has a metal band option when purchased. To each their own. UPDATE: On second thought, the extra hour hand on this watch doesn't stand out as much as some of the other GMTs that Steinhart makes. I am liking this watch. You can buy a stainless steel band in addition for this watch as well.

If you are considering buying a Steinhart watch I would suggest emailing them with any questions beforehand. They have been very responsive. The website is OK, but I was told by them that an update is planned. As others have mentioned on this thread, I'm looking forward to seeing the facelift of the Steinhart Ocean Two Premium in April.

#531 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It is likely, it the same reason as many things at this moment.....they ran out of pre printed boxes.
To have for Christmas, they would order in July, to ship by sea in September, to have stock for Christmas.
If they sold out and reordered in January, it can take 4-6 months for new boxes to arrive.
Nice looking watch!

Well, I was curious so I asked Steinhart about the generic box that my new watch came in.
They said they didn't have them on hand so they decided not to delay my watch being sent to me and
followed up by saying that they would ship a Steinhart box to me and sure enough it arrived today.

1 month later
#574 8 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Two things:
1. Power reserve was only 18 hours instead of the expected 40 hours for this movement based on being worn an average of 10 hours per day.
2. Watch tended to run 30 seconds slow over a 24 hour period instead of the anticipated +-20 seconds.
Basically, the watch was performing out of spec. I told Steinhart about this and since I noticed
this after only having the watch a few days they suggested that I document it over a two week
period and then let know. When I did that they said it would be best to send it back to their master
watchmaker for repair. Shipped it back to them and was informed that repairs would take 4 - 5
weeks. The five week period ends this week.

Well, after sending my Ocean One Black to Steinhart for repair/evaluation twice it still works no better than I first received it in December.

I currently own two Steinhart watches, but after my experience with Steinhart and their unwillingness to address the issue (I asked for an even exchange or a full refund) regarding this watch I have a watch that looks nice, but is an underperformer. I emailed Steinhart outlining my disappointment. I don't expect anything to come from it, but I wanted to let them know that I wasn't a satisified customer of theirs anymore.

Do you think that I am being unreasonable?

#577 8 years ago

Out of curiosity, where do you buy your watches from?

Has anyone bought from jomashop.com?
Pros and cons of shopping there?

1 week later
#595 8 years ago

Thoughts on a Seiko Orange Monster diving watch? Pros / Cons?

1 week later
#607 8 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Well, after sending my Ocean One Black to Steinhart for repair/evaluation twice it still works no better than I first received it in December.
I currently own two Steinhart watches, but after my experience with Steinhart and their unwillingness to address the issue (I asked for an even exchange or a full refund) regarding this watch I have a watch that looks nice, but is an underperformer. I emailed Steinhart outlining my disappointment. I don't expect anything to come from it, but I wanted to let them know that I wasn't a satisified customer of theirs anymore.
Do you think that I am being unreasonable?

Here is an update on this for anyone interested...

The email that I had written expressing my disappointment was forwarded to Steinhart's president. I must say after that after a couple of friendly email exchanges I am impressed. As you know, the challenge with most mechanical watches like this is that you can't tell how much of the power reserve is left in the watch by just looking at it. He suggested that I manually wind the watch about 20 times before I set it down for the day. That did the trick as I was only getting about 20 hours power reserve before. After manually winding it I got at least 39 hours and it was still running. I would have let it run longer, but I wanted to wear it that day. I do love that watch.

I had read online in a watch forum that someone suggested not to manually wind the 2824-2 movement "excessively" since it may damage the movement. They said the 2824-2 was meant to be automatically wound not manually wound. I asked Steinhart's president about that and he said manually winding the watch as we discussed would not harm it.

Steinhart does what they can to keep their customers happy. I would not hesitate buying another watch from them.

I've always said that anyone can sell you something. What they do after the sale to help you if you have an issue makes all the difference.

#608 8 years ago

Speaking of watches that display how much power reserve a mechanical watch has left...
Has anyone checked out the watches from Orient Star? www.orient-watch.com/orientstar

They look to be very nice, affordable, high quality watches.

Edit: They are a subsidiary of Seiko.

3 weeks later
#621 7 years ago

Any experiences with Deep Blue watches? Pros / Cons? Thanks!
http://www.deepbluewatches.com/

#650 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing guys... It's fun to see these watches.

#671 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm looking at this right now……thoughts?

This looks to be a first generation monster. Good watch. There are some noticeable differences between the generations. First generation differences: seconds aren't hackable, crown is bit harder to operate, second generation has a better movement, first generation not hand windable, face redesigned in the second generation.

http://dappered.com/2014/06/in-review-the-seiko-monster-both-old-new/

3 months later
#772 7 years ago

My circa 1915 Longines 17 jewel pocket watch that my grandfather gave to me years ago.

#773 7 years ago

I really like the rubber wrist strap that I purchased from Steinhart for my Ocean One watch.

#777 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

One nice watch! There's some history there! How's it keep time? What do you know about its service history?

I had it serviced about a year ago. Manual wound of course, but it's accurate.

2 weeks later
#785 7 years ago

My 1904 Hamilton Watch Co. pocket watch that my grandfather gave to me years ago.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#787 7 years ago

I've noticed that folks like to have more upscale backgrounds (airport, jaguar, etc.) as their backgrounds when sharing a watch picture. I'm waiting on an incoming watch that I've ordered. Maybe I will take a pic of it with a Wal*Mart in the background? Stay tuned.

#789 7 years ago

My Lassale quartz from 1992.

#790 7 years ago

My Seiko Le Grand Sport quartz chronograph that I purchased back in 2006. It's been a reliable daily wearer keeping time within two seconds for months!

#792 7 years ago

My new watch... A Christopher Ward C70 HRDC (Historic Racing Drivers Club) limited edition quartz chronograph.

2 months later
#903 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

They don't have to be powered by a battery, even some of the high end quartz watches are solar (see Casio's top of the line watch which is $3k)
http://gearpatrol.com/2016/05/04/innovative-quartz-watches/

Years ago I had one of the first Seiko Kinetic watches that had a rechargeable energy cell that was charged by the watch's automatic rotor. Eventually the cell (battery) no longer held a charge and the cost to replace the built-in cell was too much to make it worth it. Technology is probably better these days, but whenever I see an ad for a solar watch and they say that never needs a battery I think to myself "no worries until the built-in storage cell no longer holds a charge". Forever is a very long time.

1 week later
#938 7 years ago

2nd Generation Seiko Orange Monster...

IMG_0099 (resized).JPGIMG_0099 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#975 7 years ago

Liked my Seiko 2nd gen orange monster so much that I decided to buy his stainless steel brother. (Made in Japan. Model number SRP313J1.)

IMG_0105 (resized).JPGIMG_0105 (resized).JPG

#976 7 years ago

NIB Christopher Ward C60 Trident-Pro COSC 600 Chronometer. 600 m water resistant. First British designed in house automatic movement (SH21) in 50 years. Swiss Made. COSC certified. 120 (5 day) hour power reserve.

IMG_0108 (resized).JPGIMG_0108 (resized).JPG

#977 7 years ago

NIB Christopher Ward C60 Trident Chronograph Pro 600. Valjoux 7750 automatic movement. Swiss Made. 600 m water resistant. 12 hour chronograph.

IMG_0109 (resized).JPGIMG_0109 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#1013 7 years ago

My Seiko Blumo. I just love this watch.

IMG_0112 (resized).JPGIMG_0112 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#1122 7 years ago

Seiko PADI special edition solar dive watch

IMG_0121 (resized).JPGIMG_0121 (resized).JPG

#1135 7 years ago

Nice Seiko automatic dress watch.

IMG_0124 (resized).JPGIMG_0124 (resized).JPG

#1136 7 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Seiko PADI special edition solar dive watch

This watch wasn't a keeper. Overall a nice diving watch, but the cyclops date magnifier was too small and not aligned quite right making viewing the date more difficult.

#1146 7 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Nice Seiko automatic dress watch.

I'm liking this relatively inexpensive automatic mechanical dress watch. Nice diversion from my diving watches. I've been pleasantly surprised with its accuracy (+/- 2 secs). For me, i'ts a keeper.

#1151 7 years ago

I sometimes find myself checking out a watch that someone is wearing in a movie or ad. Recently I was rewatching National Treasure staring Nicolas Cage when I rewound and then paused it to get a better look at the watch he was wearing. It only appeared briefly. Of course, it was an iconic Rolex Submariner with date. Later in the movie it was confirmed when he used it as collateral mentioning it as a Submariner, as I recall, to examine something in the gift shop.
Come to think of it I do a similar thing when I see a pinball machine in a movie as well.

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Eleven years and counting since I owned a watch.

I find that watches, much like pinball machines, are a personal choice. I've seen a guy online that wears a watch on both wrists at the same time. For me, that is a little overkill, but to each their own.

2 months later
#1199 6 years ago

Invicta Pro Diver watch. My first Invicta. Not perfect, but very affordable.

IMG_0129 (resized).JPGIMG_0129 (resized).JPG

#1200 6 years ago

Here's another recent purchase. My first Fossil watch. Uses the same Seiko quartz movement as my Invicta Pro Dive watch.

IMG_0133 (resized).JPGIMG_0133 (resized).JPG

#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

The 8926OB is awesome too. Sub-like, and you don't have to worry about beating it up or paying $1,000 every time you service it. Just trash it and get another...
People trash Invicta for some of their ridiculous designs and inflated MSRPs but at the end of the day, they're a pretty decent value.
-Doug

Agreed. I looked at buying one of those Invicta submariner homage watches. I see they come both in a quartz and automatic version. Not bad for the cost. Worth a look for sure.

1 month later
#1252 6 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

The Invicta Speedway series is great too if you want the Daytona look. People trash Invicta for some of their ridiculous designs and inflated MSRPs but at the end of the day, they're a pretty decent value.
-Doug

Just picked up an Invicta Speedway. Agreed. Good value for a nominal cost.

IMG_0138 (resized).JPGIMG_0138 (resized).JPG

#1253 6 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Invicta Pro Diver watch. My first Invicta. Not perfect, but very affordable.

Love the look of this watch. At around 50 mm case diameter, it's a large watch. Was having issues with the crown popping out (not screw down!) and stopping the watch when I was wearing it. Once I adjusted the band so it wouldn't slide on my wrist, the problem was solved. In my opinion, it has a beautiful face. Check out some Invictas if you haven't already. Interesting designs for reasonable prices.

#1255 6 years ago

Seiko pepsi bezel turtle watch... love those Seiko dive watches!

IMG_0139 (resized).JPGIMG_0139 (resized).JPG

#1256 6 years ago

Invicta Sea Spider...

IMG_0147 (resized).JPGIMG_0147 (resized).JPG

IMG_0146 (resized).JPGIMG_0146 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm not either really...but for the price it's a pretty nice "fun" watch.

Beware... that is how an Invitca habit can start.
Personally I now own three Invicta watches. Not a bad watch for the price.
I picked up my new Invicta Speedway (Rolex Daytona homage) for $40!

2 months later
#1299 6 years ago

Wishing I could be in attendance at this event... Worn & Wound Wind^Up Watch Fair 2017 in New York. Oct 27th - 29th. If you are in the area... please attend and give us a report. Thanks!
http://www.windup.wornandwound.com/

#1300 6 years ago

How about this advertisement for IWC pilot watches?

IWC_Watch_ad (resized).JPGIWC_Watch_ad (resized).JPG

#1307 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Sure thing, here's some quick pics of the watch.
John

Bulova model #97B155. MSRP $375. Looks like the retail is $300 at Bulova website below. I've seen other references to it online for $177. https://www.bulova.com/products/97b155

2 months later
#1430 6 years ago

I’m liking this Citizen Automatic Marine Sport Watch...

07496265-735C-4063-8050-BBA0C5A66DBD (resized).jpeg07496265-735C-4063-8050-BBA0C5A66DBD (resized).jpeg

5 months later
#1584 5 years ago

Enjoying my new Casio quartz "Duro" dive watch (MDV-106). It has a bit of a cult following as an inexpensive (~$50) dive watch and I can see why. Workmanship is definitely punching above its price point. Definitely worth checking out.

Casio_MDV-106_Dive_Watch (resized).jpgCasio_MDV-106_Dive_Watch (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago:

For those interested, here is a review of this watch with more info: https://divewatchesblog.com/reviews/casio-mdv106-1a-review/

Added over 4 years ago:

Here is a TGV review of this watch:

Added 21 months ago:

Here is another good review of the Casio Duro dive watch: https://thetruthaboutwatches.com/2021/01/casio-mdv-106-duro-review/

8 months later
#1683 5 years ago

Orient Triton dive watch...

Orient_Triton (resized).jpgOrient_Triton (resized).jpg
3 months later
#1712 4 years ago

Laco Sorrento German automatic type A pilot watch...

E698E0AA-0B34-4FC1-BD69-41F22C2D112D (resized).jpegE698E0AA-0B34-4FC1-BD69-41F22C2D112D (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The one that started the whole thread...the Speedmaster Professional. This week marks the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. Tuesday was the launch and tomorrow was the landing. Geez...50 years and we haven't been back...crazy.
[quoted image]

The first moon landing as you know was in 1969. There were a handful of lunar landing missions after that with the last one being in 1972. At any rate, I agree with you that it has been a long time since we sent someone to the moon.

1 month later
#1729 4 years ago

Orient Mako II USA with aftermarket coin edge bezel and ceramic lumed bezel insert
6C73C685-3E9A-4AA9-96B0-8E1B1351DBD3 (resized).jpeg6C73C685-3E9A-4AA9-96B0-8E1B1351DBD3 (resized).jpeg
CBA6FDED-A24D-41A8-A134-D507EB637FFB (resized).jpegCBA6FDED-A24D-41A8-A134-D507EB637FFB (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1749 4 years ago

The new Invicta Pro Diver. Notice anything unusual about this tag?

20191116_074658 (resized).jpg20191116_074658 (resized).jpg
8 months later
#1907 3 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Picked up this cool vintage reissue Yema Navygraf with in house movement. Interesting French watch company with a lot of history. Their Superman watch might be my next purchase.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing your watch. The brand didn't ring a bell for me, so I checked out their website. https://en.yema.com/
They have some beautiful watches. Will certainly keep my eyes on them and consider buying one down the road.

1 year later
#2035 2 years ago

Here’s an Armitron digital chronograph circa 1977. It was a birthday gift from my sister. Suffice it to say, it’s a special watch to me.

7748BA7C-CFCF-4E1F-84A8-6B01D9B64AD2 (resized).jpeg7748BA7C-CFCF-4E1F-84A8-6B01D9B64AD2 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2069 2 years ago

NTH Thresher dive watch.

20211130_093307 (resized).jpg20211130_093307 (resized).jpg
#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

NTH Thresher dive watch.
[quoted image]

Truth be told, I love this watch. Unfortunately, the NTH branded metal bracelet/clasp that came with it is disappointing. You’ll notice in my pic that it is on a far superior Hirsch Liberty waterproof leather strap. Longer term I plan to buy a Strapcode metal bracelet as a bracelet replacement option for this dive watch.

5 months later
#2159 1 year ago

I am very pleased with my Helm Khuraburi dive watch. It was well worth the year plus wait.

20220516_131454 (resized).jpg20220516_131454 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#2435 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I’m after a two time Seiko 5. Anyone got one they’ll part with?

I'd be cautious of a two timing Seiko 5. You can never trust them. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Hope you find what you are looking for.

1 month later
#2457 11 months ago

I've accumulated some watches over time (sound familiar?) and I was wondering what you do with respect to servicing your mechanical watches? Of course, taking the cost of the watch into consideration there are a number of options. For divers, do you really do more than desk diving and how critical is the water resistance, etc. Thoughts?

1 week later
#2481 11 months ago

New arrival... my Helm Khuraburi Ti watch arrived today. Ordered a few straps as well.

20230516_143617~2 (resized).jpg20230516_143617~2 (resized).jpg20230516_143625~2 (resized).jpg20230516_143625~2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2584 9 months ago

My Martenero Kensington. Not sure if this micro brand is in business anymore.

20230713_164819 (resized).jpg20230713_164819 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2599 8 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

So, I’ve got an OP, Datejust and Day Date. I’ve always preferred a smaller watch (<39mm). I bought this Relax to determine if I could allow myself to wear a larger time piece. I don’t want to drop $20k on a Sub and regret the decision.
The Relax is extremely well built. Seiko movement. The case and links are hard steel. I’m really impressed with the quality for a $350 Seiko mod (in essence that’s what it is…).
Needless to say, I’m probably headed to the Rolex AD this week to order a two tone Sub. I’m really digging the Root Beer.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had never heard of Relax watches before. Thanks for sharing. With the sea of divers out there (no pun intended), it can be hard to keep track of all the brands popping up. I like watches that don't take life too seriously... The Relax brand appears to be one of them. I'd worry about getting mugged by someone thinking I had a Rolex only to find out it was a Relax. It looks like this brand might raise some eyebrows!

#2601 8 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I’ve already been complimented on it twice

Complimented is much better than getting mugged or worse.
When you get complimented do you say, "Just relax!"

2 weeks later
#2602 8 months ago

My Karlskrona Midnattssol (Midnight Sun) dive watch.

20230819_075404 (resized).jpg20230819_075404 (resized).jpg
#2603 8 months ago

FREE: Would anyone local to the Twin Cities, MN be interested in about 20 Loupe (Christopher Ward) magazines along with a nice assortment of watch (circa 2017) brochures? Omega, Nomos, IWC, Longines, Tag Heuer. Ping me if interested. Let's meet. Thanks!

20230819_081458~2 (resized).jpg20230819_081458~2 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#2678 7 months ago

Mixing it up a bit. Tried a brown leather strap on my blue Orient Triton/Neptune dive watch. Before and after pics...

20230916_095510 (resized).jpg20230916_095510 (resized).jpg20230916_110652~2 (resized).jpg20230916_110652~2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2679 7 months ago

Incoming... my Karlskrona Hemlig LE Vietnam war era inspired dive watch. I highly recommend this watch.

20230926_113156 (resized).jpg20230926_113156 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2685 6 months ago

My Helm Miyako and why I returned it... after being on the wait list for nine months to buy it... the lug holes were two close to the case. Limits the straps that one can wear with it. Even worse, after I noticed the "1" on the "12" was crooked and the "12" was not centered properly I just couldn't unsee it. This dark blue version appears nearly black. The cool wave design in the center of the watch's face is nearly impossible to see unless viewed in the right light. Date window is very small. Why bother having a date at all? Red line at the 4:30 position is probably to remind you that it is there! I realized this was not the watch for me within an hour of opening the package! Helm charged me a 5% restocking fee. I know that I could have flipped it for a profit, but I didn't want the hassle.

20230911_105610 (resized).jpg20230911_105610 (resized).jpg20230911_110338 (resized).jpg20230911_110338 (resized).jpg

#2693 6 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I don't own many microbrand watches any more but I really do like this one. Serica 5303-3 Destro.
[quoted image]

Interesting. I've never heard of that watch brand before. Is there anything in particular that you like about this watch? Or does it just overall appeal to you?

1 month later
#2766 4 months ago

One of my favorite wristwatch restorers on YouTube is Wristwatch Revival. https://www.youtube.com/@WristwatchRevival

#2767 4 months ago

Black Friday purchase. Hemel HF6 quartz watch on a Hirsch Liberty leather strap (upgrade from original strap). Seiko VH31 movement is geared to provide a sweep second hand. (4 ticks per second)

20231129_123249 (resized).jpg20231129_123249 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2800 4 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Are the poors allowed in here? Here's one of my Casios.
[quoted image]

I own the black version of the 44 mm Casio Duro. It's one of my favorite watches.
A very underrated watch. Nice to see it getting some love.

3 months later
#2897 33 days ago

Put a new rechargeable lithium battery into my old Seiko Kinetic watch circa 1996. Wanted to see if it would run again and it does! For those that aren't familiar, these watches used a rotor (much like an automatic mechanical watch) to charge a battery that would in turn run the quartz watch.

Seiko_Kinetic_1996 (resized).jpgSeiko_Kinetic_1996 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2915 13 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Frequently, watch people are also keen on fragrances…

I must be an exception to that rule!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 300.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heyyousir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches?tu=heyyousir and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.