20240328_132611 (resized).jpg
20240328_133155 (resized).jpg
20240328_132004 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_125215854 (resized).jpg
584B2BD0-71AB-4AFA-885B-9BBA9C938FB8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3801 (resized).JPG
IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
66DA93E6-9AFB-49D2-8E7F-3808007DCBEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 10 years ago

I Love Pinball, I like watches. I currently have a vintage Explorer, a Tissot Touch, and other quartz watches. I once found a fake Rolex, it was an automatic and was made in Japan.

#46 10 years ago

When working on your pin, remove your metal watch, first. We have all done this, reached into the pin with the power on. OK, maybe not Lloyd. Safety First.

#81 10 years ago

1961 ExplorerDSCN0355.JPGDSCN0355.JPG

If you take care of stuff, it will last longer.

#92 10 years ago

I have a Tissot Touch, I bought it because I liked the look of it, and the features it has. I wear it all the time, in 5 years only 4 people have commented on it. Many people want the BLING. They don't care if they buy a fake. I still wear a watch, as my phone spends 97% of its time in my pocket, not attached to one of my hands.

1 year later
#116 8 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

Perfect watch to wear while playing the "Zissou" pinball machine.

What is the story on the pins? The 2 Zissou have different scoring and cabinet paint scheme. Were the pins made for the movie?

3 weeks later
#335 8 years ago

Received my replacement Touch today. More features than the older one.
DSCN0710.JPGDSCN0710.JPG

1 year later
#926 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They also asked about "overhaul documentation". I do not know what this means - is this a watch term I should be familiar with?

Rolex does supply documentation with a factory service. Rolex also will engrave the date of the service, on the inside, of the back of the case.

5 months later
#1168 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I'm not sure. But the price is not listed, so it might be expensive. I'll look into it.

30,000 Swiss Francs according to the Web site. Which in todays US Dollar would be $30,800.00 some odd.

#1170 6 years ago

Interesting post there Ted. If I ever see my boss wearing a $300,000 watch. I'll be asking for a raise!

1 month later
#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I have the dumb question of the day. I was wearing my Boliva that says "Water Resistant 300m" on the face. Can I go swimming with that on?
I did a little reading and most people are saying that you shouldn't wear it in a pool because it's not guaranteed to keep water out.
Thoughts?

I'm no expert, but if the watch has a maximum depth on it, it should be ok to swim with it. Do not operate any of the features under water, unless it is a diving watch. Then clean the watch with straight water, after getting out of salt water, pool or hot tub, chlorine and other chemicals will effect the appearance, and shorten the life of cloth and leather bands.

If it has water resistant on the case, I would not swim with it on.

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

(Not my pic. If I had that watch & those titties I would not be on Pinside)

Ahh,, Come on! Yes you would, just a lot less.

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is it true the annual maitenance costs of a Rolex are apx $1K?

No. The only thing is that it is expensive. I would say that every factory serviced Rolex gets the full treatment. Look it up on their web site. Every part is cleaned and tested, repaired or replaced. The case and the metal bands are polished and or brush finished like it left the factory. A factory service will include a water test, a performance testing with a certificate, and a 2 year warranty on repairs.

If you have a vintage Rolex they will ask if you want the face/dial replaced with a new current one. Not the best idea as the vintage look is what most collectors want. My Dads 1960's Explorer kept working until 1981, when it finally needed a service to keep it running. It really depends on usage.

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I was told by several rolex dealers that to fix my crown issue, they would have to send it to rolex. They said it would undergo a basic service program and cleaning and this service would cost $800. They also said the crown repair might or might not be extra. Service time would be 8 weeks or more.
I am planning on getting a quote from National watch at 8th and chestnut in phila this week.

From what I have read or heard, Rolex collectors, like Ferrari collectors, want to see evidence of factory service before they will pay a high price for a watch. If you use an authorized Rolex retailer, they should take care of everything for you. Shipping the watch to the service center, contacting you with an estimate, and an expected return date. For you the closest service center, I would guess will be New York City.

967a56f0b37a470b212aaff94eee6a0684f0da9a (resized).jpg967a56f0b37a470b212aaff94eee6a0684f0da9a (resized).jpg

Here is my Dads, this was a taken a few years ago, it was just back from being serviced. To me, it was worth it.

#1248 6 years ago

The local Authorized Rolex Retailer here has a large watch store with a separate room just for Rolex.

Here is the only thing that had me thinking, hmmm. The man that was helping me, offered to buy my watch for himself. I explained that it had a lot of sentimental attachment and it was not for sale. Upon returning to the store 7 weeks later I had asked the lady that was helping me. 'Where was this guy?', She said, "He doesn't work here any more". It is possible that some one was rubbed the wrong way by him, and he was let go.

3 months later
#1335 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Some people got way too damn much money.

Yep! Some one is a serious Paul Newman fan, and really likes that early Daytona Rolex.
Possibly Rolex bought it, but that money figure is a crazy high amount. Hey, hmmm.. ask Ted .

6 months later
#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

For context, here's what I mean

How in the hell did you change the colour of the hair on your arm?

3 months later
#1602 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

It just came in today

Now you have to make sure that the days of the week line up with the correct day. Or learn to pronounce 7 new foreign words.

10 months later
#1720 4 years ago

I like that watch. Different, classy, certainly helpful to fisherman so they can track High Tide on their wrist (I think).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches?tu=darcy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.