20240328_132611 (resized).jpg
20240328_133155 (resized).jpg
20240328_132004 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_125215854 (resized).jpg
584B2BD0-71AB-4AFA-885B-9BBA9C938FB8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3801 (resized).JPG
IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
66DA93E6-9AFB-49D2-8E7F-3808007DCBEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1597 5 years ago

PW79, love the Seiko Turtle. I picked mine up about 6 months ago and absolutely love it. It's my first automatic watch, and it didn't take me long to change the bracelet to a NATO strap, making it more comfortable.Seiko PADI Turtle pic (resized).jpgSeiko PADI Turtle pic (resized).jpg

3 years later
#2048 2 years ago

I like that Rolex more than any of the other diamond crusted stuff recently shown. I guess it's the blue.

2 months later
#2103 2 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well this is great. One of my Christmas gifts from my wife was the Seiko x Street Fighter Blanka watches! It's my first Seiko 5, it's a very neat watch.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

OMG, that's the coolest watch I've seen on this thread in who knows how long. Forget about the Rolexes, that is an awesome Seiko. Where did you get it?

2 weeks later
#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from spyderken:

Invicta Pinball watch and Nixie tube watch
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the Nixie Watch? I googled and just found and Etsy seller. That is really cool looking.

#2130 2 years ago

I have a couple more questions. Why did you choose this site over any of the Etsy sellers? Also, does it only display the time when a button is pushed or does it stay on all the time?

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from spyderken:

I have Bought off Tokyo Flash before good quality and yes you have to press a button you would kill the battery in about an hour powering Nixie tubes. No watch with Nixie tubes will stay on all the time they would require a battery that you would have to carry in your pocket and only be good for maybe 8 hours. This watch says about 1 month of normal use with each charge but if you are showing everyone about 2-3 weeks.

Yeah, that makes sense. I see some come with motion sensors to activate like a FitBit. I think I know what I'm getting for my B-day this year.

5 months later
#2181 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Milgauss Zblue, sorry for the bad pic

We need a close up. Looks sweet.

#2186 1 year ago

Nice follow up on the pics.

#2187 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

I had that same watch, lost it at a bachelor party...no idea where it ended up. Really miss it, but can't bring myself to buy the same watch twice. My Garmin Fenix 5x will have to do.

A stripper probably had a great payday or nice tip for cleaning person!

2 months later
#2239 1 year ago

I never would have seen Star Wars if I didn't see the back of th watch. The easter eggs are cool after being pointed out though.

3 weeks later
#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m thinking about buying a mechanical watch. Never owned one, just curious if they require much maintenance and upkeep and how often or how much does that cost?
Is it better to buy a new watch and is there a good place to shop?

Why not save a bunch of money before spending 4 or 5 figures on an automatic watch and get a Seiko dive watch? They can be had for under $500, are well built, and need no maintenance for the most part. I love my Seiko PADI Turtle dive watch.

IMG_20221108_135622328 (resized).jpgIMG_20221108_135622328 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221108_135629387 (resized).jpgIMG_20221108_135629387 (resized).jpg

#2281 1 year ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

My little collection. Started with the versace at a Yard sale . Just got the Pac-Man timex at the white rose show . Hope to find a real Rolex at yard sale,flea market or a thrift one day . But these three get me by . 3 years ago I thought wearing a watch is dumb with phones now I know they are one of the best accessories because they are also useful and look great.
[quoted image]

Love the Pac-Man Timex.

1 month later
#2330 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I just got this Seiko solar tuna.
[quoted image]

I really dig that watch.

1 week later
#2360 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Negroni, anyone?
[quoted image]
It is hard to capture how beautiful this dial is in person, and how it transforms with the light. Very happy with this recent purchase.

I love that.

4 weeks later
#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m curious if anyone uses the GMT function? I’ve maybe be out of my time zone once a year or less so having an extra feature just for that seems like something I’d never use, a GMT for me just seems superfluous that it’s a nonsense thing to me. My brother-in-law had a watch with this ‘extra hand’ he didn’t even know why. He’s not a watch guy it was a fashion brand, I thought it was silly to have features and not even know what they are on a watch.
I also question about the chronometers and such if I never use them is it still something to buy just for the looks? I’m not saying I wouldn’t buy one with functions I never use but just question is it just for the looks or the heratage?
I bought 2 watches with rotating bezels (divers) but I don’t dive or use it to time my parking meter, I’ve watched videos of watches with rotating compass bezels and think really why?

That function is for the jet setting crowd. Helps when you keep bouncing back from NY to London.

2 weeks later
#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I really like how my first Seiko looks in natural light. I'm currently looking at dive watches.
[quoted image]

Very nice. I love my Seiko Turtle PADI edition.

#2424 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I ended up getting a Seiko turtle. Wears really well. I was curious given it is the largest diameter watch I own (45mm) but quite short lug-to-lug keeps it very manageable.
[quoted image]

That looks really great. Is that modded or a Japenese model with the symbol day of week dial?

#2426 1 year ago

I need to start Seiko shopping again because that's really sweet with the "Turtle" style and Kanji day display.

2 months later
#2479 11 months ago

Awesome Seiko 5 GMT Batman.

#2482 11 months ago

I like that a lot.

#2489 11 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Welp, didn’t keep the Kuoe, because I have a peculiar dislike of flat polished indices.
[quoted image]
Seiko 5 Sports x Rowing Blazers collaboration stays.
[quoted image]
Uncle Seiko presidential bracelet highly recommended for all SRPE (“Dress KX”) models!

That's freaking awesome. I've never seen that Seiko 5 before.

#2500 11 months ago

I like that.

1 week later
#2510 10 months ago
Quoted from mikeflstfi:

Dropped in to the local Cidercade and had on my SSK003.
[quoted image]

Nice

2 months later
#2609 8 months ago

Loving those Seikos.

1 week later
#2627 7 months ago

Love it.

1 week later
#2654 7 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Nothing special today, just a timeless classic. And no, it’s not the Bateman watch-he wore a Seiko 5.
[quoted image]

Seiko 5's Rock man.

#2656 7 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Yes they do. I sold mine and I regret it.

Two tone classic Rolex is growing on me.

1 week later
#2677 7 months ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I'd rather leave it to one of my sons, but they are at the moment more infatuated with the latest Apple watch that lets them send emails, texts, talk on the phone like Dick Tracy and a number of other things that mean little or nothing to me.

They will come around on this. Dad's loved Rolex will mean somthing geat to them later in life.

4 weeks later
#2703 6 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I don't own many microbrand watches any more but I really do like this one. Serica 5303-3 Destro.
[quoted image]

I like that.

#2713 6 months ago
Quoted from RVH:

Just had too buy one when I saw it!
Happy Halloween!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome. Going to have to look it up

#2715 6 months ago
Quoted from RVH:

Happy Halloween!

I just ordered. First watch I've bought in a long time, but couldn't resist. I love Pennywise. Pinside is a bad influence.

#2744 6 months ago
Quoted from RVH:

Happy Halloween!

I got this after seeing yours and wonder about the lume. I have been wearing outside and it is super faint. I only get the cool face when I hit it with a UV light.

1 month later
#2779 4 months ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

About time for a buck to show up
[quoted image]

Love the G-Shock!

2 months later
#2874 62 days ago
Quoted from herg:

Well, that didn't last very long. I "needed" something casual and relatively inexpensive.
[quoted image]

I like that a lot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches?tu=RyanStl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.