20240328_132611 (resized).jpg
20240328_133155 (resized).jpg
20240328_132004 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_125215854 (resized).jpg
584B2BD0-71AB-4AFA-885B-9BBA9C938FB8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3801 (resized).JPG
IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
66DA93E6-9AFB-49D2-8E7F-3808007DCBEA (resized).jpeg
There are 2,916 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 59.
#2401 1 year ago

I’m curious if anyone uses the GMT function? I’ve maybe be out of my time zone once a year or less so having an extra feature just for that seems like something I’d never use, a GMT for me just seems superfluous that it’s a nonsense thing to me. My brother-in-law had a watch with this ‘extra hand’ he didn’t even know why. He’s not a watch guy it was a fashion brand, I thought it was silly to have features and not even know what they are on a watch.

I also question about the chronometers and such if I never use them is it still something to buy just for the looks? I’m not saying I wouldn’t buy one with functions I never use but just question is it just for the looks or the heratage?

I bought 2 watches with rotating bezels (divers) but I don’t dive or use it to time my parking meter, I’ve watched videos of watches with rotating compass bezels and think really why?

#2402 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I bought 2 watches with rotating bezels (divers) but I don’t dive or use it to time my parking meter, I’ve watched videos of watches with rotating compass bezels and think really why?

I have a dive watch and don’t dive. I use the rotating bezel all the time. I use it to time my walks so I can quickly look down and see how much time has elapsed without me wondering when I started. And, I use it for pizza delivery. Has it been 45 minutes yet? What time did I order again? Oh, my bezel says only 40 minutes. Never mind.

#2403 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I have a dive watch and don’t dive. I use the rotating bezel all the time. I use it to time my walks so I can quickly look down and see how much time has elapsed without me wondering when I started. And, I use it for pizza delivery. Has it been 45 minutes yet? What time did I order again? Oh, my bezel says only 40 minutes. Never mind.

Me too, I use it all the time. It is super handy.

#2404 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Anybody ever trade a Rolex for a pinball or a pinball for a Rolex (straight trade, not sell to get)? Just curious. .

The current values for both would make it feasible in some cases. I might entertain that trade scenario in either direction if it involved something on my wish lists and trade was the only way

#2405 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m curious if anyone uses the GMT function? I’ve maybe be out of my time zone once a year or less so having an extra feature just for that seems like something I’d never use, a GMT for me just seems superfluous that it’s a nonsense thing to me. My brother-in-law had a watch with this ‘extra hand’ he didn’t even know why. He’s not a watch guy it was a fashion brand, I thought it was silly to have features and not even know what they are on a watch.
I also question about the chronometers and such if I never use them is it still something to buy just for the looks? I’m not saying I wouldn’t buy one with functions I never use but just question is it just for the looks or the heratage?

I travel at times for my job and the GMT is really handy for that. Lets me keep track of local time as well as time at home. The math for the time offset isn't hard domestically but nice for a quick glance when on overseas travel. Obviously good for personal travel in the event that you need to reach out to someone at home.

I also work with people overseas so it's nice to have their time zone handy as the second function so I can quickly know whether to expect that my email is hitting them outside their work hours or if I need to text or call, I can do so at a respectful hour. I have some watch friends who use GMT for that same purpose but for family that live multiple time zones away.

Not necessary for everyone, but most people travel at some point and that's when GMT function is obviously most useful.

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

That function is for the jet setting crowd. Helps when you keep bouncing back from NY to London.

#2407 1 year ago

The GMT feature is a nice toy for use while traveling. Another cool part of having that movement is it allows you to change the regular (non 24) hour hand without moving the minutes hand. You can also use the rotating 24 hour bezel to track a 3rd time zone in addition to the first 2.

#2408 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Yeah, pretty useless especially when you live where its gmt anyway. The elapsed time on a diver is far more use

#2409 1 year ago

GMT's also help when you have company people in other time zones to help keep track of their availability during work hours.

#2410 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Still waiting for a pic of a Bond and an Omega timepiece, or did I miss that already?

Best I can do on that request. T-dial Speedmaster is the only Omega in my collection.
IMG_1701 (resized).jpgIMG_1701 (resized).jpg

Vintage Rolex is probably a better match for Connery era Bond though. I'd make a shot with a 6538 Big Crown if I had one Tudor Black Bay 58 is probably the closest visually, this side of the real deal.
IMG_1702 (resized).jpgIMG_1702 (resized).jpg

#2411 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Best I can do on that request. T-dial Speedmaster is the only Omega in my collection.
[quoted image]
Vintage Rolex is probably a better match for Connery era Bond though. I'd make a shot with a 6538 Big Crown if I had one Tudor Black Bay 58 is probably the closest visually, this side of the real deal.
[quoted image]

The old tritium subs are the best.
Love it when the tritium turns cream in color.

#2412 1 year ago

I’ve traded a truck for a pin and both were happy. So anything is possible, I love creative trades !!

#2413 1 year ago

A new toy

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2414 1 year ago

I don’t have Bond pin. But picked up this Bond anniversary Omega six years ago. Face has subtle interlocked Bond family crests (also on the end of the second hand). Bonus for blue/gold color scheme (as a Fighting Irish alum). My favorite feature is the backside view of the movement evoking gun barrel scrolling.

32C79459-B1EE-4C31-A25E-B2CB35D87B72 (resized).jpeg32C79459-B1EE-4C31-A25E-B2CB35D87B72 (resized).jpegDE9380D8-27B5-443F-903B-B1B0545AC5AF (resized).jpegDE9380D8-27B5-443F-903B-B1B0545AC5AF (resized).jpeg
#2415 1 year ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

But picked up this Bond anniversary Omega six years ago.

Love that watch!

#2416 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Like most watch functionality I think most people do not use or need GMT unless you do a lot of international travel. When I was deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan I did actually use nearly every function of my Citizen Promaster SkyHawk. As part of a flight crew I had to keep logs in Zulu time as well as knowing both local and PST time at home, especially difficult when your time zone is 11 ½ hours in difference. I also used the bezel ring for timing.

It's a fantastic watch that served me well and looks like its ben through a war, rightfully so. I still wear it from time to time.

IMG_1586D (resized).JPGIMG_1586D (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2417 1 year ago

Zulu time

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2418 1 year ago

Love the Zulu time. Been really tempted to get one myself for awhile. Congrats.

#2419 1 year ago

I really like how my first Seiko looks in natural light. I'm currently looking at dive watches.

20230221_101803 (resized).jpg20230221_101803 (resized).jpg
#2420 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I really like how my first Seiko looks in natural light. I'm currently looking at dive watches.

Nice, I’m looking to buy that model with the red dial as my next watch.

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

[quoted image]

Very nice. I love my Seiko Turtle PADI edition.

#2422 1 year ago

I ended up getting a Seiko turtle. Wears really well. I was curious given it is the largest diameter watch I own (45mm) but quite short lug-to-lug keeps it very manageable.

PXL_20230223_174622068~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230223_174622068~2 (resized).jpg

#2423 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I ended up getting a Seiko turtle. Wears really well. I was curious given it is the largest diameter watch I own (45mm) but quite short lug-to-lug keeps it very manageable.
[quoted image]

Turtle is a great watch in any of its variants, and that cushion case is so comfy to wear. Great choice!

#2424 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisK:

[quoted image]

That looks really great. Is that modded or a Japenese model with the symbol day of week dial?

#2425 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

That looks really great. Is that modded or a Japenese model with the symbol day of week dial?

Actually, for some strange reason Seiko decided to do an English/Kanji day window on these three turtle-shell patterned dial watches (this is the SRPH57 but they have one that's more blue, the SRPH59, and a brown one, the SRPH55).

I say it's a strange reason because these are called the Seiko Prospex U.S. Special Edition and were just made for the U.S. market (they are themed around turtles, fitting given the case design nickname, and raising awareness for the Oceanic Society). And Seiko normally doesn't provide the Kanji day option on their U.S. products.

So this is the default model look. I can have it in English of course but I need to be fancy. For those not familiar, many day wheels (all I've ever had) actually have two language options and when the day changes it clicks twice to stay on the same language. All the other watches I've had with the feature were English/Spanish though.

#2426 1 year ago

I need to start Seiko shopping again because that's really sweet with the "Turtle" style and Kanji day display.

#2427 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I'm in absolute love with this watch, so much that I've thought about selling a few pins to get it. IDK if I'm crazy or what lol. I have always loved Green Rolex's (Hulk and Starbucks) and GMT Master II's, and the left hand design is super cool. Looks like I'd be paying a hint over $20K for one though. [quoted image]

I have been looking at this also but with my daughter getting married soon its out of the question. I do have a Hulk so that will have to do for now.

#2428 1 year ago

Hemel Air League Special 40mm chrono today, flying a sortie above Cactus Canyon.

4C865ABC-811B-4E13-810C-A202A237CEA2 (resized).jpeg4C865ABC-811B-4E13-810C-A202A237CEA2 (resized).jpeg

Equipped with the Seagull ST19 manual wind movement in exhibition caseback. Always liked this one:

71D7B84A-469A-4F1C-9484-9886FE97E051 (resized).jpeg71D7B84A-469A-4F1C-9484-9886FE97E051 (resized).jpeg

#2429 1 year ago

Got a Tudor Black Bay 58 this week. First nice watch and loving it!

20230302_215209 (resized).jpg20230302_215209 (resized).jpg
#2430 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Got a Tudor Black Bay 58 this week. First nice watch and loving it!
[quoted image]

Great watch! Love the BB58

#2431 1 year ago

Simple little chum, but it might be the one I wear the most. Comfy, light, perfect fit. Timex Pacman Weekender on blue Fluco suede.

E58FEE1E-76BB-45BD-B633-BA9DC2F3FE0F (resized).jpegE58FEE1E-76BB-45BD-B633-BA9DC2F3FE0F (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2432 1 year ago

Had to switch the bracelet…

A28A03DA-D3FC-4444-AD8A-4B16584A27CA (resized).jpegA28A03DA-D3FC-4444-AD8A-4B16584A27CA (resized).jpeg

No metal bracelet is more comfortable nor achieves a better fit than classic rice beads.

Tried ‘em all… and I always come back to the 7-link beads.

#2433 1 year ago

Not mine but thought it was appropriate to share New Pulp Fiction game. That streams have crossed.

7D00E7E8-B872-4068-AC5C-20ACCD042513 (resized).jpeg7D00E7E8-B872-4068-AC5C-20ACCD042513 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2434 1 year ago

I’m after a two time Seiko 5. Anyone got one they’ll part with?

#2435 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I’m after a two time Seiko 5. Anyone got one they’ll part with?

I'd be cautious of a two timing Seiko 5. You can never trust them. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Hope you find what you are looking for.

#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Not mine but thought it was appropriate to share New Pulp Fiction game. That streams have crossed.
[quoted image]

I'm getting this watch

#2437 1 year ago

I haven’t seen this brand mentioned yet. Traska is a relatively new micro brand that uses Miyota movements. I just picked up the new Venturer GMT. It is a true travelers GMT with a jumping hour hand and internal rotating bezel. Sapphire crystal. Proprietary hardened steel bracelet that is scratch resistant. All for a very reasonable price. I can’t wait to size the bracelet and start wearing this.

A6517DA9-77B6-4297-9319-5B9D4AC61B4B (resized).jpegA6517DA9-77B6-4297-9319-5B9D4AC61B4B (resized).jpeg

AFB29DE7-4B30-4F74-8748-42A366665A9E (resized).jpegAFB29DE7-4B30-4F74-8748-42A366665A9E (resized).jpeg

#2438 1 year ago

Questions, comments, concerns?

00D4551D-0130-4888-AE73-E34F68FF974B (resized).jpeg00D4551D-0130-4888-AE73-E34F68FF974B (resized).jpeg1232D442-8530-4912-9B12-8AFDF1044F1F (resized).jpeg1232D442-8530-4912-9B12-8AFDF1044F1F (resized).jpeg
#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Questions, comments, concerns?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Scratching my head on that one but if someone threw that new ice blue/platinum Daytona with the clear back at me, I’d take it!

1 week later
#2440 1 year ago

My first Swiss made watch.

20230410_164309 (resized).jpg20230410_164309 (resized).jpg
#2441 1 year ago

Dollar-for-bling… the Aquis has no peer. Still my favorite in the collection.

#2442 1 year ago

I got my first Oris yesterday. Their new Kermit reminded me how much I liked last year's ProPilot X releases (though I think they are in no real way a pilot's watch, the dials do not adhere to any pilot watch rules). But inaccurate name aside I do like the piece.

PXL_20230412_174527674 (resized).jpgPXL_20230412_174527674 (resized).jpg

#2443 1 year ago

Austere, but nicely tooled. I’m sure it fits like a glove.

#2444 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Austere, but nicely tooled. I’m sure it fits like a glove.

I got it well sized but no microadjust on the bracelet so others might struggle a bit. Links are relatively small but I think those who are very particular about sizing might want to look elsewhere (or consider a strap change).

#2445 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I got my first Oris yesterday. Their new Kermit reminded me how much I liked last year's ProPilot X releases (though I think they are in no real way a pilot's watch, the dials do not adhere to any pilot watch rules). But inaccurate name aside I do like the piece.
[quoted image]

Very nice. I'm itching to get an Oris myself. I like most of their designs especially the Reno Air Race Pro Pilot.

Oris-57th-Reno-Air-Races-Limited-Edition-5 (resized).jpgOris-57th-Reno-Air-Races-Limited-Edition-5 (resized).jpg
#2446 1 year ago

I think Sinn is a better buy than Oris, in my opinion. If I had to pick between the two. It’s merely opinion, if you are happy with your purchase, that’s all that matters.

#2447 1 year ago

Sinn is very well respected and I know a lot of fans. Most of their more popular models don't really appeal to me in terms of design but durability is purportedly top-notch. While they weren't at Watches and Wonders I believe they were at Time to Watches where they showed off some new T50 models. I'll include a promotional photo from their site.

Speaking of, did anyone see anything really interesting out of Watches and Wonders? I didn't find it as good as last year, though given the current market conditions I assumed most brands would be more limited in their new novelties. I really liked the new VC Overseas moonphase retrograde but purportedly that's going to be $45,000 since it's boutique-only.

New_Watches (resized).jpgNew_Watches (resized).jpg

#2448 1 year ago

I'm a Sinn fanboy to be sure. Every one I've owned has been extremely durable and super super consistent for timekeeping. Not sure if it's their antimagnetic stuff or what but mine have always run awesome.

#2449 1 year ago

The Oris Aquis checked all the boxes for what I wanted

Quoted from DennisK:

[quoted image]

I'll be interested in your review on the titanium Oris. I went with the titanium Aquis over the 400 movement.

#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Sinn is very well respected and I know a lot of fans. Most of their more popular models don't really appeal to me in terms of design but durability is purportedly top-notch. While they weren't at Watches and Wonders I believe they were at Time to Watches where they showed off some new T50 models. I'll include a promotional photo from their site.
Speaking of, did anyone see anything really interesting out of Watches and Wonders? I didn't find it as good as last year, though given the current market conditions I assumed most brands would be more limited in their new novelties. I really liked the new VC Overseas moonphase retrograde but purportedly that's going to be $45,000 since it's boutique-only.
[quoted image]

The VC Overseas like most VC's is incredible. Surprisingly the new tag Carrera is pretty interesting and the A. Lange Odysseus Chronograph is amazing. Would like to add and A. Lange to my collection some day. The Longines Spirit Flyback looks great as well. Great value for $$

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,916 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.