20240220_194338 (resized).jpg
DB62DD70-87BD-4855-B1C5-9F58C89ECD41 (resized).jpeg
20231220_141646 (resized).jpg
20240216_122641 (resized).jpg
IMG_9833 (resized).jpeg
05BBE634-36A9-42B2-B0D2-C3C2990A3E14 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 2,889 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 58.
#2251 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Or just spurge and get a Submariner, so you'll be done with constant looking and buying. The most iconic watch on earth that is rugged, reliable and you can dress up or down with it. Use it for all occasions and then pass it down to future generation like heirlooms decades later. It will worth more than what you paid if you takes care it

However, for some, the Sub's ubiquity (and infinite number of homages, fakes, etc.) is the primary turnoff. No guarantee it will continue to hold value over time.

Only buy a Sub if you really want a Sub.

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m thinking about buying a mechanical watch. Never owned one, just curious if they require much maintenance and upkeep and how often or how much does that cost?
Is it better to buy a new watch and is there a good place to shop?

No, they require little maintenance. I have a 15 year old Rolex that’s never been in for a tune up or repair and a 14 year old breitling that needed one tune up which cost a few hundred.

New vs used mostly depends on the brand. Rolex new (if you can find one) because their sport models typically hold value or increase. Used for other models like Omega, oris, Panerai, JLC etc.

My recommendation is to first find the watch you like and then research how well it retains value, that will help you consider new vs used.

Regarding where to buy I’d go with a gray market dealer. You’re in FL so I’d check out DavidSW. That’s where I got my breitling for a really good discount brand new.

#2253 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

However, for some, the Sub's ubiquity (and infinite number of homages, fakes, etc.) is the primary turnoff. No guarantee it will continue to hold value over time.

Well, it has for the last 60+ years and you think it won't in the future? Skip back the last few pages and you see Casio, Orient, Oris (including yours) and the other divers all looking like which watch? A submariner, the most recognizable design of all time.

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m thinking about buying a mechanical watch. Never owned one, just curious if they require much maintenance and upkeep and how often or how much does that cost?

Why not save a bunch of money before spending 4 or 5 figures on an automatic watch and get a Seiko dive watch? They can be had for under $500, are well built, and need no maintenance for the most part. I love my Seiko PADI Turtle dive watch.

IMG_20221108_135622328 (resized).jpgIMG_20221108_135622328 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221108_135629387 (resized).jpgIMG_20221108_135629387 (resized).jpg

#2255 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I would recommend watching a few videos of what NOT to do with a mechanical watch before you get one. It’s nothing that will scare you away. Rather just good stuff to know. Like don’t set it down on your iPhone because of magnetism. Etc.

#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Well, it has for the last 60+ years and you think it won't in the future? Skip back the last few pages and you see Casio, Orient, Oris (including yours) and the other divers all looking like which watch? A submariner, the most recognizable design of all time.

Aquis is a contemporary diver with its own look. Other divers have unique features without being a Rolex homage or knockoff, though no shortage of those.

#2257 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Aquis is a contemporary diver with its own look. Other divers have unique features without being a Rolex homage or knockoff, though no shortage of those.

No shortage of all those is true

#2258 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

They run best with maintenance but many modern ones will run beyond their service intervals (they'll just start to perform worse). Some brands are up to ten year service intervals. Most watches seem to recommend service every five years or so.

Service cost depends a lot on the movement, both its complexity and whether the movement is a third-party option (which means parts are easily available for independent watchmakers) or in-house to the brand (which, depending on the brand's behavior, can be hard for independents to source parts to and the in-house watchmakers are usually more expensive).

Broadly speaking, most watch servicing costs between $100 and $1,000 (assume more for complications like chronographs). I'd say simple watches relying on something like the ETA 2824 or Sellita SW200 (both are third-party movements common to many luxury watches) is roughly in the $200-400 range for service pricing. Note this covers standard maintenance but if you have damage (like needing a new crystal) you'll see some additional costs for those components since they generally don't need replaced.

I do not believe it is better to buy new (at least with luxury watches). Watches are less like pinball machines and more like cars, aside from some very hot models or brands. So, you can often find significant savings via a used purchase, particularly if you explore older models. If uncomfortable buying from a private seller (e.g., worries about authenticity) there are a lot of established used online storefronts (you'll pay more than direct private but they'll often have serviced the watch and authenticate it before sale since they don't want their reputation damaged for selling a counterfeit).

If you want new checking a major grey market supplier like Jomashop can often get you a good price (places like Jomashop get models from retailers that aren't selling, or aren't selling fast enough, so a place like Jomashop buys in bulk and then sells to customers for less than the AD would); authentic with all the new items (box and papers) but you'll usually lose the manufacturer warranty and the grey dealer warranty is generally shorter.

If you just want a mechanical watch, non-luxury, you can buy a number of them cheap enough that it would be more affordable to trash them and buy another when they give out rather than service them (in fact servicing might just be dropping in an entirely new movement rather than actually taking apart and cleaning the old one... changing a movement out is a lot faster). Seiko does still occupy some of this space, particularly with their Seiko 5 line, but Orient is a good option if you want an established brand with lots of choices.

#2259 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisK:

They run best with maintenance but many modern ones will run beyond their service intervals (they'll just start to perform worse). Some brands are up to ten year service intervals. Most watches seem to recommend service every five years or so.
Service cost depends a lot on the movement, both its complexity and whether the movement is a third-party option (which means parts are easily available for independent watchmakers) or in-house to the brand (which, depending on the brand's behavior, can be hard for independents to source parts to and the in-house watchmakers are usually more expensive).
Broadly speaking, most watch servicing costs between $100 and $1,000 (assume more for complications like chronographs). I'd say simple watches relying on something like the ETA 2824 or Sellita SW200 (both are third-party movements common to many luxury watches) is roughly in the $200-400 range for service pricing. Note this covers standard maintenance but if you have damage (like needing a new crystal) you'll see some additional costs for those components since they generally don't need replaced.
I do not believe it is better to buy new (at least with luxury watches). Watches are less like pinball machines and more like cars, aside from some very hot models or brands. So, you can often find significant savings via a used purchase, particularly if you explore older models. If uncomfortable buying from a private seller (e.g., worries about authenticity) there are a lot of established used online storefronts (you'll pay more than direct private but they'll often have serviced the watch and authenticate it before sale since they don't want their reputation damaged for selling a counterfeit).
If you want new checking a major grey market supplier like Jomashop can often get you a good price (places like Jomashop get models from retailers that aren't selling, or aren't selling fast enough, so a place like Jomashop buys in bulk and then sells to customers for less than the AD would); authentic with all the new items (box and papers) but you'll usually lose the manufacturer warranty and the grey dealer warranty is generally shorter.
If you just want a mechanical watch, non-luxury, you can buy a number of them cheap enough that it would be more affordable to trash them and buy another when they give out rather than service them (in fact servicing might just be dropping in an entirely new movement rather than actually taking apart and cleaning the old one... changing a movement out is a lot faster). Seiko does still occupy some of this space, particularly with their Seiko 5 line, but Orient is a good option if you want an established brand with lots of choices.

Thanks!

#2260 1 year ago

Hey Dennis maybe another red dial option?

7D17FFEE-74F1-4213-93C0-F945B7DBF68C (resized).jpeg7D17FFEE-74F1-4213-93C0-F945B7DBF68C (resized).jpeg

#2261 1 year ago

Have any of you guys checked out the new CW bel canto? This thing is unbelievable and under 4K. It has a chiming hour and is the best price point for such a complication.

E5960FAB-A9FF-4D69-AD24-92705A3592BF (resized).jpegE5960FAB-A9FF-4D69-AD24-92705A3592BF (resized).jpeg
#2262 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Have any of you guys checked out the new CW bel canto? This thing is unbelievable and under 4K. It has a chiming hour and is the best price point for such a complication.[quoted image]

Love it. Awesome. Sold out instantly.

#2263 1 year ago

Both of these have excellent video quality, but I will qualify it that neither of these individuals is neutral. Teddy is a distributor and mostly focuses on talking about watches his business sells. Jody sometimes does independent reviews but (and he's very open about this) he is often "paid" for his review (often getting to keep the watch he receives to discuss).

I think both are excellent for specs and great macro shots but I when it comes to opinions bear in mind who is signing their checks.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hey Dennis maybe another red dial option?
[quoted image]

That has a nice red effect, I bet it looks a lot better in person. Thankfully (for me!) I'm not really into sandwich dials so I like it less than the others we've discussed (which is good my wallet wants a breather).

Quoted from Frippertron:

Have any of you guys checked out the new CW bel canto? This thing is unbelievable and under 4K. It has a chiming hour and is the best price point for such a complication.[quoted image]

Yes, the sound it makes is very nice. So many inexpensive sound watches I think sound bad (granted most are alarm watches and they are meant to wake you up). Aesthetically I personally prefer the MeisterSinger Bell Hora as I'm not really interested in seeing this much of the mechanism on the dial side (not surprising, I don't like skeleton watch dials either).

The minute repeater is my favorite complication in watches. I haven't been able to get interested enough in chime watches to want to buy one myself. I think I would if it would chime the hour out on the hour, rather than just doing a single chime each time. But I bet the cost to do that is going to go way up (given tracking that as an hour repeater would be a lot more mechanically complex).

Christopher Ward has a lot of fans and while I've not been into their watches they have a lot of hobbyist support and I think it's nice to see them working on new things and not just turning out yet another dive watch like so many microbrands do.

#2264 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Yeah, I saw this and then got the presale for the new green one but I already hit my watch quota for this year. I think they sold out in a couple hours. CW is solid and I’ve owned them in the past. Definitely good value for those components at this price point.

#2265 1 year ago

Hey, just checking in, have not owned a nice watch before, but just got the bug to buy one at least. I am not sure if watches are like pinball machines and they multiply?

Here is my search, at first I wanted to get a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 41, before I looked into it I wanted the turquoise blue (that's discontinued) but after lookin those are going for up to $30K so that's crazy, realistically I would like to buy from a Rolex dealer at MSRP. I might go to the dealer tomorrow to see the possibility. I don't want to buy a resale or pay over MSRP.

I would consider any suggestions but this might be my one and only watch I might want to go right to the top rather than work up to it. I was looking at a Grand Seiko that I liked but it's a manual (not automatic).

Things I am looking for (prefer):
Automatic (not manual)
Dressy and Everyday (in one)
I prefer to have no date so that I don't need to readjust and don't have to worry about AM/PM) just a simple no date.

Here is something of the style I am looking at, not too dressy but not too sporty.

Rolex Oyster Perpetual
2020-Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-41-reference-124300-1.jpg2020-Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-41-reference-124300-1.jpg

Grand Seiko (really like this but it's not automatic)
SBGY013_KV_pc.jpgSBGY013_KV_pc.jpg

#2266 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey, just checking in, have not owned a nice watch before, but just got the bug to buy one at least. I am not sure if watches are like pinball machines and they multiply?

Depends if you end up making it a hobby. I owned one nice watch for 13 years. Got into watch collecting during the pandemic.

Quoted from rai:

Here is my search, at first I wanted to get a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 41, before I looked into it I wanted the turquoise blue (that's discontinued) but after lookin those are going for up to $30K so that's crazy, realistically I would like to buy from a Rolex dealer at MSRP. I might go to the dealer tomorrow to see the possibility. I don't want to buy a resale or pay over MSRP.
I would consider any suggestions but this might be my one and only watch I might want to go right to the top rather than work up to it. I was looking at a Grand Seiko that I liked but it's a manual (not automatic).
Automatic (not manual)

I like the Oyster Perpetual. I had one (well have but I actually just sent it in to trade for something else so it should be gone from my ownership in a week) just found I no longer needed to mix sports and dress because I own so many now.

Since it sounds like you're wanting some other suggestions for consideration I'll provide a few.

Omega would probably be the first brand most would think of as a comparison to Rolex. Omega loves their date functions but their Seamaster Heritage line has a lot of no-date options and could work if you like the classic dial designs. Perhaps something like this 40mm linen-dial Railmaster (https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-railmaster-co-axial-master-chronometer-40-mm-22010402006001):
Railmaster (resized).pngRailmaster (resized).png

Another thought is you might be interested in the Polaris from Jaeger-LeCoultre (JLC). JLC is best known for the Reverso but they do have sports watches. This is more of their dive watch but it stays a lot more classy than the typical as the timing bezel is gone and instead it is internal as a chapter ring with a crown to turn it, and it's 41mm (https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/us-en/watches/polaris/polaris-automatic-stainless-steel-q9008170):
Polaris (resized).pngPolaris (resized).png

You mentioned liking Grand Seiko. The nice thing with them is their grammar of design philosophy means the dial configuration on many of their watches is very similar. You'd might like to check out the SBGR299 from their heritage collection. Automatic, no-date, 42mm (https://www.grand-seiko.com/us-en/collections/sbgr299g):
SBGR299G (resized).pngSBGR299G (resized).png

The last one I'll name that does a lot of fancy sports watches is IWC. There can be a lot of diversity in their lines (like in terms of complications) but if you like the idea of a small seconds subdial yet still on a steel bracelet you might be interested in their 40mm Portugieser Automatic (https://www.iwc.com/us/en/watch-collections/portugieser/iw358312-portugieser-automatic-40.html):
IWC (resized).pngIWC (resized).png

#2267 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Automatic (not manual)
I prefer to have no date so that I don't need to readjust and don't have to worry about AM/PM) just a simple no date.

Does it have to be new? I have a vintage Rolex Zephyr. Looks like this before I put a custom band on it. (Gold and Stainless) 3K

2_57 (resized).JPG2_57 (resized).JPG

#2268 1 year ago

Happy Veterans day! I just got this A-11 from https://www.epicmilitaria.com/the-g-i-us-ww2-pattern-military-service-watch.html
I am a big history buff and have always wanted an original A-11 Elgin with coin bezel used by the AAF but I have never seen one in my price range or condition that is reliable. I have been searching for 5 years and the price keeps going up! You can't beat this replica, quality is great and the presentation box is posh! This is as close to the real thing they make and the price right now with exchange rate is as good as gets. I love this thing and reminds me of what a true combat watch is everytime I look at it.

20221111_001342 (resized).jpg20221111_001342 (resized).jpg20221111_001546 (resized).jpg20221111_001546 (resized).jpg20221111_001625 (resized).jpg20221111_001625 (resized).jpg
#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Depends if you end up making it a hobby. I owned one nice watch for 13 years. Got into watch collecting during the pandemic.

I like the Oyster Perpetual. I had one (well have but I actually just sent it in to trade for something else so it should be gone from my ownership in a week) just found I no longer needed to mix sports and dress because I own so many now.
Since it sounds like you're wanting some other suggestions for consideration I'll provide a few.
Omega would probably be the first brand most would think of as a comparison to Rolex. Omega loves their date functions but their Seamaster Heritage line has a lot of no-date options and could work if you like the classic dial designs. Perhaps something like this 40mm linen-dial Railmaster (https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-railmaster-co-axial-master-chronometer-40-mm-22010402006001):
[quoted image]
Another thought is you might be interested in the Polaris from Jaeger-LeCoultre (JLC). JLC is best known for the Reverso but they do have sports watches. This is more of their dive watch but it stays a lot more classy than the typical as the timing bezel is gone and instead it is internal as a chapter ring with a crown to turn it, and it's 41mm (https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/us-en/watches/polaris/polaris-automatic-stainless-steel-q9008170):
[quoted image]
You mentioned liking Grand Seiko. The nice thing with them is their grammar of design philosophy means the dial configuration on many of their watches is very similar. You'd might like to check out the SBGR299 from their heritage collection. Automatic, no-date, 42mm (https://www.grand-seiko.com/us-en/collections/sbgr299g):
[quoted image]
The last one I'll name that does a lot of fancy sports watches is IWC. There can be a lot of diversity in their lines (like in terms of complications) but if you like the idea of a small seconds subdial yet still on a steel bracelet you might be interested in their 40mm Portugieser Automatic (https://www.iwc.com/us/en/watch-collections/portugieser/iw358312-portugieser-automatic-40.html):
[quoted image]

Yes!

Thanks for the suggestions.

I will check them out. It’s amazing how many watch there are to choose from.

I wanted to ask if you think 36mm is too small? I see Rolex still makes their OP in turquoise only in the smaller size. My wrist is around 7 inches. Also do you think turquoise is a nice color or just a fad.

C47C6EA6-D2C7-4CCA-B75C-DDE133AA0E96 (resized).jpegC47C6EA6-D2C7-4CCA-B75C-DDE133AA0E96 (resized).jpeg

#2270 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes!
Thanks for the suggestions.
I will check them out. It’s amazing how many watch there are to choose from.
I wanted to ask if you think 36mm is too small? I see Rolex still makes their OP in turquoise only in the smaller size. My wrist is around 7 inches. Also do you think turquoise is a nice color or just a fad.
[quoted image]

I do not think 36mm is too small for a 7" wrist but it would be seen as more of a dress watch size rather than a sports watch. I'd try it on and see if you like how it looks. As a three-hander only it won't be a challenge to read.

My OP was a 34 and I have a 6.75" wrist (though this was a prior reference and the sizing was more like a 35; the current 34 is more of a true 34).

Most watch companies don't advertise the lug-to-lug distance. That's actually the more important (in my opinion) measure as that determines how much space the case of the watch eats up on your wrist. A small diameter watch with substantial lug-to-lug can wear much larger than a watch that has short lugs.

As for turquoise, I think it is both a nice color and a fad. The reason the second-hand Rolex turquoise prices are so out of hand (moreso than their other watches) is because Patek Philippe released a 5711 Nautilus cobranded with Tiffany (the jewelry company) in Tiffany blue (which is a turquoise) as their final run of the 5711. It was limited to 170 pieces. The 5711 is a hype model, it reached six figures on the secondary market (and that was for the regular production run).

Anyway, the first Tiffany version sold for $6.5 million via auction at the end of 2021 (that's 120x its MSRP). So, then the market went crazy and started calling things like the Rolex OP in turquoise "Tiffany Blue" and those prices also went up. That's a fad and while the 5711 models might always be expensive the other brands that just used a similar color should go down in popularity over time.

Here's a picture of the 5711:
5711 (resized).png5711 (resized).png

#2271 1 year ago

Thanks, just one more thing, if I went with the Rolex OP 41 I have the choice of

Red
Blue
Black
Silver

What's the best color for an all around and if it was going to be future proof?

#2272 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, just one more thing, if I went with the Rolex OP 41 I have the choice of
Red
Blue
Black
Silver
What's the best color for an all around and if it was going to be future proof?

I think blue, black and silver are all timeless (no pun intended) on any watch. Reds are very nice but may be more subject to the fashion of the day depending upon the shade.

#2273 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think blue, black and silver are all timeless (no pun intended) on any watch. Reds are very nice but may be more subject to the fashion of the day depending upon the shade.

Forgot to say Green is also an option.

2020-Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-41-Stella-124300-review-1 (resized).jpg2020-Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-41-Stella-124300-review-1 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#2274 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Forgot to say Green is also an option.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Both of those colors will be less versatile than black, silver, or blue. And both may be a bit subject to a fad. That said, they’re very nice. If you plan on developing a collection, you may want to do that. If you want just one watch, I personally would go with something more traditional.

#2275 1 year ago

Threw on the neglected Doxa today.

20221111_081820 (resized).jpg20221111_081820 (resized).jpg
#2276 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Red
Blue
Black
Silver

Silver

#2277 1 year ago

Silver is the most versatile, but can be a bit sterile. No one single watch will cover every mood. Everything is a tradeoff.

If you had three, you could go dress, smart/sporty, and beater/casual. That would open up more options vs. locking up all of your options once and for all.

#2278 1 year ago

I placed my interested order for the Rolex 41 Oyster Perpetual. I really like them in person and the 41 looked perfect on my wrist. I can't decide but said would take any color of Silver, Black or Blue. I think the silver looks the most classy but the darker watch faces have better contrast.

I have no idea when they will call me, so I am looking for something that doesn't overlap too much in the meantime (guess I am starting a mini collection).

I don't really like any dive watches looked at several such as Breitling and Omega. I think I want something more light and playful.

I am just looking but this one caught my eye as a more everyday watch with the Rolex being as a more dressy watch (Silver).

I have not decided on my less dressy watch but would like some suggestions, not too chunky and no date.

68B5CF02-D242-4097-A40B-9B0F5B5B13A7 (resized).jpeg68B5CF02-D242-4097-A40B-9B0F5B5B13A7 (resized).jpeg80319A54-14B3-4B33-B4F7-9BF054BC0121 (resized).jpeg80319A54-14B3-4B33-B4F7-9BF054BC0121 (resized).jpeg
92D1AD89-F0A6-4E1F-AB08-3667884C5C0F (resized).jpeg92D1AD89-F0A6-4E1F-AB08-3667884C5C0F (resized).jpeg

#2279 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I placed my interested order for the Rolex 41 Oyster Perpetual. I really like them in person and the 41 looked perfect on my wrist. I can't decide but said would take any color of Silver, Black or Blue. I think the silver looks the most classy but the darker watch faces have better contrast.
I have no idea when they will call me, they like to make them very exclusive.. I am looking for something that doesn't overlap too much in the meantime (guess I am starting a mini collection).
I don't really like any dive watches looked at several such as Breitling and Omega. I think I want something more light and playful.
I am just looking but this one caught my eye as a more everyday watch with the Rolex being as a more dressy watch (Silver).
I have not decided on my less dressy watch but would like some suggestions, not too chunky and hopefully no date.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Buy the green face. It looks sharp and you can wear it with virtually anything.
I bought my nephew the light blue, which is beautiful, when he graduated medical school a couple of years ago, but I don’t believe Rolex offers it any longer.
The silver is pleasant, but a bit ubiquitous.

#2280 1 year ago

My little collection. Started with the versace at a Yard sale . Just got the Pac-Man timex at the white rose show . Hope to find a real Rolex at yard sale,flea market or a thrift one day . But these three get me by . 3 years ago I thought wearing a watch was dumb with phones now I know they are one of the best accessories because they are also useful and look great.

20221110_184305 (resized).jpg20221110_184305 (resized).jpg

#2281 1 year ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

My little collection. Started with the versace at a Yard sale . Just got the Pac-Man timex at the white rose show . Hope to find a real Rolex at yard sale,flea market or a thrift one day . But these three get me by . 3 years ago I thought wearing a watch is dumb with phones now I know they are one of the best accessories because they are also useful and look great.
[quoted image]

Love the Pac-Man Timex.

#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I have no idea when they will call me, so I am looking for something that doesn't overlap too much in the meantime (guess I am starting a mini collection).
I have not decided on my less dressy watch but would like some suggestions, not too chunky and no date.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

You are on the right track here. Just wait for an OP to become available, then make your decision. I would highly recommend that Longines sector dial and the Nomos as well. Check out Glasutte, IWC, and Omega. Maybe you will like a more affordable bespoke watch from Dornbluth. Have fun!

#2283 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

You are on the right track here. Just wait for an OP to become available, then make your decision. I would highly recommend that Longines sector dial and the Nomos as well. Check out Glasutte, IWC, and Omega. Maybe you will like a more affordable bespoke watch from Dornbluth. Have fun!

I just got a watch, not anything that's too oddball. I did like the sector dials but decided on more traditional face on a Nato strap to make it more feel casual.

BED05AF7-C219-4A5E-BD2B-2439672697F9 (resized).jpegBED05AF7-C219-4A5E-BD2B-2439672697F9 (resized).jpeg

#2284 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I just got a watch, not anything that's too oddball. I did like the sector dials but decided on more traditional face on a Nato strap to make it more feel casual.
[quoted image]

congrats Rai! Glad you are happy with the purchase. That’s a great watch!

#2285 1 year ago

Ryan Claytor’s watch was just featured on The Watchfinder and CO YouTube channel!!! Check it out!

#2286 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Ryan Claytor’s watch was just featured on The Watchfinder and CO YouTube channel!!! Check it out!

Dude! I love their reviews! Heading right over…

#2287 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Sharp looking watch, Congrats! Rolex’s little sister Tudor is a fine brand. Wear in good health.

#2288 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Sharp looking watch, Congrats! Rolex’s little sister Tudor is a fine brand. Wear in good health.

Thanks, I really liked the Black Bay Ceramic but that would've cost another $2k.

I'm planning to get the Rolex OP so didn't want to spend too much with this.

#2289 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I wanted to get a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 41

I want one with a black dial but I'm not paying over MSRP by a factor of 2. I bought an Omega Constellation.

#2290 1 year ago

Mentioned I was trading in my Oyster Perpetual, I swapped it for a Panomatic Lunar from Glashütte Original. I've been considering one of the Pano line for quite a while (this is the prior reference). I felt the power reserve model would be more practical but I think the moonphase looks better.
GO Wristshot (resized).jpgGO Wristshot (resized).jpg

#2291 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Mentioned I was trading in my Oyster Perpetual, I swapped it for a Panomatic Lunar from Glashütte Original. I've been considering one of the Pano line for quite a while (this is the prior reference). I felt the power reserve model would be more practical but I think the moonphase looks better.
[quoted image]

A most excellent and appropriate decision!

2 weeks later
#2292 1 year ago

Pic came out decent today...

20221208_123940 (resized).jpg20221208_123940 (resized).jpg
#2293 1 year ago

Forgot...got my first Tudor the other day.

20221202_112004 (resized).jpg20221202_112004 (resized).jpg20221203_094221 (resized).jpg20221203_094221 (resized).jpg
#2294 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Forgot...got my first Tudor the other day.[quoted image][quoted image]

I always wanted a Pelagos! I ended up trading up from my Seamaster and eventually got something else instead. How do you like it?

#2295 1 year ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I always wanted a Pelagos! I ended up trading up from my Seamaster and eventually got something else instead. How do you like it?

I was a little worried that it would feel too light due to it being titanium, but it feels good. So far, I'm very happy with it.

#2296 1 year ago

I just bought a watch for my birthday after many years of not owning one, the Belova chronograph. It’s got to be the biggest watch I could possibly wear it’s really nice looking. The last watch I had was the Casio digital calculator. I think the battery went bad in it.
Then yesterday, this Hamilton field watch showed up at the house. It’s great.

267F1CA6-0886-4D36-B991-6D6023F2AEDF (resized).jpeg267F1CA6-0886-4D36-B991-6D6023F2AEDF (resized).jpeg

D3F3ED1D-2295-4601-A7FD-28DD087E36D9 (resized).jpegD3F3ED1D-2295-4601-A7FD-28DD087E36D9 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2297 1 year ago

Xmas gift from my friend.

20221218_140828 (resized).jpg20221218_140828 (resized).jpg
#2298 1 year ago

Got my first Panerai today. Usually not a big fan of their bracelets in the past, but liked this one as soon as I tried it on. Ordered several straps for it also.

20221220_133958 (resized).jpg20221220_133958 (resized).jpg20221220_181348 (resized).jpg20221220_181348 (resized).jpg20221220_181723 (resized).jpg20221220_181723 (resized).jpg
#2299 1 year ago

Blu mare?

#2300 1 year ago

Yes. 1316.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 2,889 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches/page/46?hl=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.