20240328_132611 (resized).jpg
20240328_133155 (resized).jpg
20240328_132004 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_125215854 (resized).jpg
584B2BD0-71AB-4AFA-885B-9BBA9C938FB8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3801 (resized).JPG
IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
66DA93E6-9AFB-49D2-8E7F-3808007DCBEA (resized).jpeg
There are 2,916 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 59.
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I just got this cool tactical G-Shock today, but damn, this thing is big. I feel like I'm wearing a microwave! And I tend to like larger watches. I didn't read the specs and thought it was smaller. It will be good for wearing outside of gloves or other layers though.

Or do you just have a TINY wrist What size is it?

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Or do you just have a TINY wrist What size is it?

He has manicans with Axes in his,house! Don’t piss him off! Lol

#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He has manicans with Axes in his,house! Don’t piss him off! Lol

It puts the lotion in the basket.

#1354 6 years ago

Thinking of putting my Hamilton Steeldon up for sale. Lemme know if there's any interest before Ebay.

#1355 6 years ago

Seiko is now releasing the new version Orange Samurai (Seiko Men's SRPB97 Prospex Japanese Automatic Stainless Steel Dive Watch) through Amazon exclusively (for now). I think it looks great and is a lot of watch for the money. It comes with both a steel bracelet and a silicone band if purchased in this preorder. They start shipping November 13th. Yep, I'm in!

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

Unknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpeg

#1356 6 years ago

If ordered by 11/12/17 there is a 10% off preorder price break.

#1357 6 years ago

You had one job... I mean, who doesn't like a nice wath?

IMG_7235 (resized).JPGIMG_7235 (resized).JPG

#1358 6 years ago

oh my...

#1359 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You had one job... I mean, who doesn't like a nice wath?

lol What would you expect with all those fine Molex and Rag Heuer wathes!

#1360 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

lol What would you expect with all those fine Molex and Rag Heuer wathes!

I love the little....."plus tax".

1 week later
#1361 6 years ago

I received this Rec 901 in the mail yesterday. It was funded by a kickstarter. The watch is made from the metal of a wrecked Porsche 911. It incorporates many design cues from the 911. It also has the VIN of the car the metal came from on the side. The back looks like a fuchs wheel.

rec 901 (resized).jpgrec 901 (resized).jpg

#1362 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

I received this Rec 901 in the mail yesterday. It was funded by a kickstarter. The watch is made from the metal of a wrecked Porsche 911. It incorporates many design cues from the 911. It also has the VIN of the car the metal came from on the side. The back looks like a fuchs wheel.

Love it!! If your selling it Please PM me. If not do you have a Link to this kickstarter?? Thanks

#1363 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Love it!! If your selling it Please PM me. If not do you have a Link to this kickstarter?? Thanks

They are taking pre-orders here: https://www.recwatches.com/

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Interesting piece. For the price I feel like they could have done more with the movement (like a top grade ETA) and had dual sapphire crystals instead of just the top one and maybe a little more water resistance. Still...it's a unique concept and I'm sure it will have its fans.

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Interesting piece. For the price I feel like they could have done more with the movement (like a top grade ETA) and had dual sapphire crystals instead of just the top one and maybe a little more water resistance. Still...it's a unique concept and I'm sure it will have its fans.

I agree. I don't think I would buy one at the asking price. I paid $700 less on kickstarter and received two xtra leather bands.

#1366 6 years ago

You might want to check out the old Fortis Porsche Super Cup watches.

They're pretty nice and fairly rare.

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

I agree. I don't think I would buy one at the asking price. I paid $700 less on kickstarter and received two xtra leather bands.

Yeah, $1,695 is a bit much....

#1368 6 years ago

I get the Porsche theme, but that rotor hides too much of the movement!

#1369 6 years ago

Actually the ones made from the Mini's are pretty neat, i think those look better. But the Mustang ones take the cake for me

#1370 6 years ago

Because of this thread I became motivated to dust off one of my old timepieces and have it repaired. Working like a champ (for now).

Watch pic (resized).jpgWatch pic (resized).jpg

#1371 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Because of this thread I became motivated to dust off one of my old timepieces and have it repaired. Working like a champ (for now).

Great looking Bulova! Those strike a chord with me. My father, who passed away 6 months ago, still had his Bulova he received as a graduation gift from High School. It is not worth much monetarily, but is the single most prized possession in my collection.

#1372 6 years ago

Here is my collection. All stored in a Ikea display cabinet that I hacked with an Led light setup.

IMG_20171117_100737 (resized).jpgIMG_20171117_100737 (resized).jpg

#1373 6 years ago

Some of mine

008 (resized).JPG008 (resized).JPG

90sop (resized).jpg90sop (resized).jpg

bentley (resized).jpgbentley (resized).jpg

bentley2 (resized).jpgbentley2 (resized).jpg

doxa (resized).jpgdoxa (resized).jpg

shellman (resized).jpgshellman (resized).jpg

sop2 (resized).jpgsop2 (resized).jpg

tag2 (resized).jpgtag2 (resized).jpg

tutima (resized).jpgtutima (resized).jpg

#1374 6 years ago

Amazon has had some slick deals the last couple days that seem like good deals, but I really only know enough to end up getting screwed. Are there any specific things to avoid when looking for a lower end automatic?

The Bulova was about the same price yesterday ~$275

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BS2ENC/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088BMYN4

#1375 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Amazon has had some slick deals the last couple days that seem like good deals, but I really only know enough to end up getting screwed. Are there any specific things to avoid when looking for a lower end automatic?
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

Usually with lower end autos you are enjoying a price advantage due to the name brand of the company, the movement, and often a cheaper bracelet. That being said, there are some great deals out there for fantastic Autos. For the most part, Seiko makes one of the best low end automatics. I would hesitate to call it "low end" even. As long as you don't mind a non-swiss movement, they are a great choice. There are collectors out there who only collect Seikos, especially Japanese market ones, and you could do a lot worse.

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Usually with lower end autos you are enjoying a price advantage due to the name brand of the company, the movement, and often a cheaper bracelet. That being said, there are some great deals out there for fantastic Autos. For the most part, Seiko makes one of the best low end automatics. I would hesitate to call it "low end" even. As long as you don't mind a non-swiss movement, they are a great choice. There are collectors out there who only collect Seikos, especially Japanese market ones, and you could do a lot worse.

Thanks. I generally see "quartz movement" or "Japanese quartz movement." I'm assuming that means "cheap, generic movement." Are there any keywords to look for to know you're not getting a junk movement, or are those generally ok for a starter automatic?

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Thanks. I generally see "quartz movement" or "Japanese quartz movement." I'm assuming that means "cheap, generic movement." Are there any keywords to look for to know you're not getting a junk movement, or are those generally ok for a starter automatic?

I'd suggest reading up some on it before you pull the trigger, but here is a quick run down.

There are two types of watches. Quartz and Automatic.

Quartz: Extremely accurate, battery operated, newer tech, robust and bomb proof.

Automatic: Contain a "movement" that is spring wound with tiny parts that often are shown through a window on the front or back of a watch. They must be serviced and cared for, and are the main target of collectors. They are not as accurate, often losing seconds per day, they are fragile (compared to a quartz watch) and they have a soul. They are either wound through kinetic movement (the swinging of your arm) or by hand winding and sometimes both.

I would encourage anyone who is looking to start a collection by finding an Automatic by Seiko. It will outlast you and it is something you can proudly give to your kids. Quartz watches are nice, I have a few in my collection, but it is the equivilant of comparing a true pin to say a virtual screen version. Different animal. That being said, despite some high end Autos, the watch that gets the most wrist time on my wrist? A casio G Shock. I would never wear it to dinner or social function though. But they are great watches.

#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

Check out Tissot and Invicta as well for an entry level automatic.

#1379 6 years ago

Great info, thanks guys. Like I said, know enough to get screwed (not much!). Understanding Quartz now, I'm just surprised they're going to put an MSRP of $800 on one of those.

These two things seem to not go together!

-Japanese quartz movement with analog display
-Features automatic timekeeping for perfect accuracy

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Great info, thanks guys. Like I said, know enough to get screwed (not much!). Understanding Quartz now, I'm just surprised they're going to put an MSRP of $800 on one of those.
These two things seem to not go together!
-Japanese quartz movement with analog display
-Features automatic timekeeping for perfect accuracy

Yep. I wouldn't pay 800 for a quartz movement. Depending on your taste and style you are after, the SKX line of Seiko, as you could get 4 of them and watch guys, at least those lacking pretentious ways, will be envious. Tissot, as mentioned above, has a bit more panache, but you will pay for it. Myself, I'd avoid Invicta. Read up on them and good luck hunting. It's fun. Dan Henry has some of the coolest quartz watches around. They look like autos and are nods to famous watches of the past. I own two and they are the best quartz watches I have owned.

#1381 6 years ago

I would pay quite a bit for a Rolex Oysterquartz, rare and interesting for a Rolex.

#1382 6 years ago

Nice watches Glie. Breitling definitely makes some great timepieces...have two of them myself. Dove into horology pretty hardcore for a brief period.

#1383 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Nice watches Glie. Breitling definitely makes some great timepieces...have two of them myself. Dove into horology pretty hardcore for a brief period.

Thanks. I'm not really into them anymore. I keep going back and forth about selling a few and getting a new pin or two.

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Yep. I wouldn't pay 800 for a quartz movement. Depending on your taste and style you are after, the SKX line of Seiko, as you could get 4 of them and watch guys, at least those lacking pretentious ways, will be envious. Tissot, as mentioned above, has a bit more panache, but you will pay for it. Myself, I'd avoid Invicta. Read up on them and good luck hunting. It's fun. Dan Henry has some of the coolest quartz watches around. They look like autos and are nods to famous watches of the past. I own two and they are the best quartz watches I have owned.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SSUQFG

Seiko Men's SNK809 Seiko 5 Automatic Stainless Steel Watch with Black Canvas Strap

$50?

#1385 6 years ago

Too many posts are straying from the topic of *Pinball* and Watches. Lots of nice watches, but you need to work them into a picture somehow with a pinball machine too.

One by itself is nice, but lets see them blended together in perfect harmony. Sort of like a nice chateau palmer margaux with a juicy wagyu steak.

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

amazon.com link »
Seiko Men's SNK809 Seiko 5 Automatic Stainless Steel Watch with Black Canvas Strap
$50?

That's a really small watch at 36mm. I have tiny wrists (6.5") and I generally wear watches from 39-44mm

#1387 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

amazon.com link »
$50?

This is a better Seiko auto to start with (IMHO):

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SKX007K-Divers-Automatic-Watch/dp/B000B5MI3Q/ref=sr_1_2

Or if you like a cleaner look with a bracelet:

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNZH53-Automatic-Stainless-Steel/dp/B0041LG08U/ref=sr_1_21

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's a really small watch at 36mm. I have tiny wrists (6.5") and I generally wear watches from 39-44mm

Always something... I have small wrists too and I think most of mine are 42mm.

Quoted from Astropin:

This is a better Seiko auto to start with (IMHO):
amazon.com link »
Or if you like a cleaner look with a bracelet:
amazon.com link »

Thanks! Was just looking at the SNZ's

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006I22GT2/

#1389 6 years ago

Simple yet classy.

IMG_3189 (resized).JPGIMG_3189 (resized).JPG

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Simple yet classy.

Nice, and with the pinballs in the background

#1391 6 years ago

I have a nice Seiko I might be willing to let go..... Pix if you want....

IMG_2931.JPGIMG_2931.JPG

IMG_2932.JPGIMG_2932.JPG

IMG_2935.JPGIMG_2935.JPG

IMG_2936.JPGIMG_2936.JPG

IMG_2937.JPGIMG_2937.JPG

IMG_2933.JPGIMG_2933.JPG

#1392 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Nice, and with the pinballs in the background

Haha...on purpose due to the lack of pinball/watch mix according to earlier posts.

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Haha...on purpose due to the lack of pinball/watch mix according to earlier posts.

I figured, but props anyway.

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

PM incoming.

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I like that model with the day/date.

#1396 6 years ago

My prize possession that my dad left to me. WW2 Vet and still going strong!

990AC66A-E839-47D3-A40C-00EDEE4391B7 (resized).jpeg990AC66A-E839-47D3-A40C-00EDEE4391B7 (resized).jpeg

5570A310-B567-4D96-9A9D-CF1EE099490B (resized).jpeg5570A310-B567-4D96-9A9D-CF1EE099490B (resized).jpeg

#1397 6 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

My prize possession that my dad left to me. WW2 Vet and still going strong!

That watch is great, the story and prominence of it is Priceless!! I would cherish that forever!

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That watch is great, the story and prominence of it is Priceless!! I would cherish that forever!

This watch means the world to me as does my father.

#1399 6 years ago

My latest addition:

E1973673-9E4E-4165-AB01-94A781D52388 (resized).jpegE1973673-9E4E-4165-AB01-94A781D52388 (resized).jpeg

D7D43DDB-22F7-4B47-B860-469A69AF175A (resized).jpegD7D43DDB-22F7-4B47-B860-469A69AF175A (resized).jpeg

BA5DB175-416E-4F3D-836F-15B05FF04C9B (resized).jpegBA5DB175-416E-4F3D-836F-15B05FF04C9B (resized).jpeg

#1400 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You caught my interest Astropin! I thought I was the only one on this forum flying a drone as a second addiction hobby. What do you have and do you like it? I am flying a DJI Mavic Pro and loving it so far. Easy to control and pushing it 6 miles round trip seems great so far while filming in 4k. At least drones get me out of the dark basement and into the sun for part of the day! Here's a picture of my watch to stay on topic. lol Omega Speedmaster. There is No substitute!!!! Classic and reliable!

That Speedmaster is awesome. A classic watch. Love the look. Wear it in good health.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,916 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.