By Astropin

4 years ago

Stats

• 1,426 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Tortelvis
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 652 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

77D72169-419B-48D5-A0E1-FA439192B41C (resized).jpeg
    dial11 (resized).jpg
    IMG-8757 (resized).JPG
    20171209_221233 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3292 (resized).JPG
    20171123_220808 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3274 (resized).JPG
    20171123_195551 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3233 (resized).JPG
    BA5DB175-416E-4F3D-836F-15B05FF04C9B (resized).jpeg
    D7D43DDB-22F7-4B47-B860-469A69AF175A (resized).jpeg
    E1973673-9E4E-4165-AB01-94A781D52388 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2937.JPG
    IMG_2936.JPG

There are 1426 posts in topic. You are on page 26 of 29.
    #1251 4 months ago

Wrist check. Just got the 2017 Panerai Radiomir Acciaio. 47mm, but fits OK even on my small wrist.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1252 4 months ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

The Invicta Speedway series is great too if you want the Daytona look. People trash Invicta for some of their ridiculous designs and inflated MSRPs but at the end of the day, they're a pretty decent value.
    -Doug

Just picked up an Invicta Speedway. Agreed. Good value for a nominal cost.

IMG_0138 (resized).JPG

#1253 4 months ago
    Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Invicta Pro Diver watch. My first Invicta. Not perfect, but very affordable.

Love the look of this watch. At around 50 mm case diameter, it's a large watch. Was having issues with the crown popping out (not screw down!) and stopping the watch when I was wearing it. Once I adjusted the band so it wouldn't slide on my wrist, the problem was solved. In my opinion, it has a beautiful face. Check out some Invictas if you haven't already. Interesting designs for reasonable prices.

#1254 4 months ago

I like a lot of the old stuff. I'm selling this one now. Ball Garland.

ebay.com link

#1255 4 months ago

Seiko pepsi bezel turtle watch... love those Seiko dive watches!

IMG_0139 (resized).JPG

#1256 4 months ago

Invicta Sea Spider...

IMG_0147 (resized).JPG

IMG_0146 (resized).JPG

#1257 4 months ago
    Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Seiko pepsi bezel turtle watch... love those Seiko dive watches!

Yep...love the cushion case divers.

#1258 4 months ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

Wrist check. Just got the 2017 Panerai Radiomir Acciaio. 47mm, but fits OK even on my small wrist.

Welcome to the Panerai family

#1259 4 months ago
    Quoted from chrisnack:

Welcome to the Panerai family

I believe he's had (and has) quite a few. I think I've scene at least four of his in prior posts.

#1260 4 months ago

I'm hoping someone can help me with some battery replacements. One watch looks pretty straight forward other than needing an insanely small flat head screwdriver.

The second one seems to have a tab over to the right side. Do I pry up on that to pop off the back? It's a Movado ESQ that my wife bought me a few years ago.

One other question....How does everyone clean their bands? I have an ultrasonic, so I guess I'd need to remove the band or risk damaging the watch?

IMG_5063 (resized).JPG

IMG_5061 (resized).JPG

IMG_5062 (resized).JPG

#1261 4 months ago

You are correct on all counts. Tiny screwdriver, pry off and remove bracelet and use your ultrasonic.

#1262 4 months ago

Now I just need to find and buy a screw driver small enough.

Thanks!

#1263 4 months ago

Okay....so just for a little fun I picked this up. Well it helps that my wife is a Disney nut and we are DVC members:

24610 (resized).jpg

It's even got a halfway decent Japanese 24 jewel automatic movement with hacking and hand-windable. Certainly could have been a lot worse for $80.

24610_5__1 (resized).jpg

#1264 4 months ago

I want one!!
    Where did you get it for $80?

#1265 4 months ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I want one!!
    Where did you get it for $80?

Amazon!

amazon.com link »

BTW...that is the lowest price I've ever seen on it.

#1266 4 months ago

Ordered! Thanks!

#1267 4 months ago

I just picked up the matching version for my wife....for $66!! (Not from Amazon...and it was the last one)

25570 (resized).jpg

#1268 4 months ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I believe he's had (and has) quite a few. I think I've scene at least four of his in prior posts.

Panerais are one of my favorites. They can dress up or dres down. Nice history too!

#1269 4 months ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I just picked up the matching version for my wife....for $66!! (Not from Amazon...and it was the last one)

That's ok...my wife would never wear something like this.... but I'll enjoy mine!

#1270 4 months ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

That's ok...my wife would never wear something like this.... but I'll enjoy mine!

My wife is the real Disney freak...but we do have a good time there. I'll wear it when we go there and maybe to some business meetings (not joking).

#1271 4 months ago

Mine comes in on Saturday! At one point we went to Disneyworld 7 years in a row! We would stay for 3 weeks! Yes, we have our name on a paver outside The Magic Kingdom! lol...my wife is just not a fan of wearing Mickey....

#1272 4 months ago

So I go out this morning and there is this BIG box from Amazon. I don't know what the hell could be in such a big box. It was the watch! I didn't know it came in this huge black plastic "gun case"! I'll take pix and stuff after Dunkirk today....

#1273 4 months ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

So I go out this morning and there is this BIG box from Amazon. I don't know what the hell could be in such a big box. It was the watch! I didn't know it came in this huge black plastic "gun case"! I'll take pix and stuff after Dunkirk today....

I was going to mention that. The case is nuts.... and I love it. Might use it as a hardside case for my drone!

#1274 4 months ago

lol...yeah! Overkill, but I love it!

#1275 4 months ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I was going to mention that. The case is nuts.... and I love it. Might use it as a hardside case for my drone!

You caught my interest Astropin! I thought I was the only one on this forum flying a drone as a second addiction hobby. What do you have and do you like it? I am flying a DJI Mavic Pro and loving it so far. Easy to control and pushing it 6 miles round trip seems great so far while filming in 4k. At least drones get me out of the dark basement and into the sun for part of the day! Here's a picture of my watch to stay on topic. lol Omega Speedmaster. There is No substitute!!!! Classic and reliable!

IMG_8760 (resized).JPG

#1276 4 months ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

You caught my interest Astropin! I thought I was the only one on this forum flying a drone as a second addiction hobby. What do you have and do you like it? I am flying a DJI Mavic Pro and loving it so far. Easy to control and pushing it 6 miles round trip seems great so far while filming in 4k. At least drones get me out of the dark basement and into the sun for part of the day! Here's a picture of my watch to stay on topic. lol Omega Speedmaster. There is No substitute!!!! Classic and reliable!

Ha! Seems we have a lot in common...I'm also flying a DJI Mavic Pro! Best bang for your buck in GPS drones. I'm a noob (first drone) and taking it pretty slow. Although I did launch it off our boat on my third flight ever. No problem...the thing practically flies itself.

#1277 4 months ago

Yep. Complete drone newbie myself and loving the simplicity of this thing. Did some local flights today in the area for lunch fun. Picked up a Titan Cyclone amplified antenna to give it a test in my congested area. Rather fun toy and the technology has come a Long way.

IMG_0010 (resized).PNG

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 8.30.49 PM (resized).png

#1278 4 months ago

Just took the Mickey to be sized. My watchmaker said it looks pretty good for the money...and he's not an Invicta fan...

IMG_2357 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2359 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2360 (resized).JPG

IMG_2369 (resized).JPG

#1279 4 months ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

and he's not an Invicta fan...

I'm not either really...but for the price it's a pretty nice "fun" watch.

#1280 4 months ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Okay....so just for a little fun I picked this up. Well it helps that my wife is a Disney nut and we are DVC members:

It's even got a halfway decent Japanese 24 jewel automatic movement with hacking and hand-windable. Certainly could have been a lot worse for $80.

I ordered one from Amazon just now (Saturday) and they said it will be here on Monday. Can't beat it - a fun watch for $79. Thanks for the tip Astropin.

#1283 4 months ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I'm not either really...but for the price it's a pretty nice "fun" watch.

Beware... that is how an Invitca habit can start.
    Personally I now own three Invicta watches. Not a bad watch for the price.
    I picked up my new Invicta Speedway (Rolex Daytona homage) for $40!

2 weeks later
    #1284 3 months ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Nice. Speedy is next up on my list, just haven't decided which one i want, classic or moonphase.

2 weeks later
    #1286 86 days ago

My latest acquisition. A limited edition Visconti.

Visconti watch (resized).jpg

#1287 86 days ago

Now thats a cool watch.

#1288 86 days ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

No thats a cool watch.

YES that's a cool watch!

#1289 85 days ago

another one of my Speedmasters...

15327330_1149200218528074_7360694579995822809_n (resized).jpg

#1290 85 days ago

@toucanf16 lovely Pam! I actually just sold my 422... to buy a pin lol

back (resized).png

422-front (resized).png

#1291 85 days ago

Another Seamaster owner here. I like to think it makes me 4% more James Bond.

20170919_145010 (resized).jpg

#1292 85 days ago

Just picked up this NOS glycine watch

IMG_0764 (resized).JPG

#1293 85 days ago
    Quoted from StormyX73:

I like to think it makes me 4% more James Bond.

At least!

1 week later
    #1294 78 days ago

I just ordered my Omega speedmaster moonphase. Can't wait, been after it for awhile. The footprint on the moon is just over the top.

#1295 75 days ago

My Omega arrived today.. couldn't be happier, I've been after this for awhile...

Took a bit but was able to snag a picture of the moon through my loupe and iPhone. The footprint in the Sea of Tranquility is just badass.

IMG_1772 (resized).jpg

IMG_1775 (resized).jpg

#1296 75 days ago

Forgot I had this.IMG_20170929_162139285 (resized).jpgIMG_20170929_162459547 (resized).jpg

#1297 73 days ago
    Quoted from chrisnack:

My Omega arrived today.. couldn't be happier, I've been after this for awhile...
    Took a bit but was able to snag a picture of the moon through my loupe and iPhone. The footprint in the Sea of Tranquility is just badass.

Very nice!

#1298 72 days ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

toucanf16 lovely Pam! I actually just sold my 422... to buy a pin lol

Nice 422. What pin did you buy?

2 weeks later
    #1299 57 days ago

Wishing I could be in attendance at this event... Worn & Wound Wind^Up Watch Fair 2017 in New York. Oct 27th - 29th. If you are in the area... please attend and give us a report. Thanks!
    http://www.windup.wornandwound.com/

#1300 57 days ago

How about this advertisement for IWC pilot watches?

IWC_Watch_ad (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 74.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 56.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 29.95
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 194.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,499.00
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 1426 posts in topic. You are on page 26 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside