20240328_132611 (resized).jpg
20240328_133155 (resized).jpg
20240328_132004 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_125215854 (resized).jpg
584B2BD0-71AB-4AFA-885B-9BBA9C938FB8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3801 (resized).JPG
IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
66DA93E6-9AFB-49D2-8E7F-3808007DCBEA (resized).jpeg
There are 2,916 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 59.
#751 7 years ago

Looking to trade a watch or two for a pinball machine if anyone is interested..i have an omega speedy pro (42mm) with box/paperwork, ss wristband unworn....and a steinhart nav b (47mm) with box/paperwork....+/- cash...i am in madison, wi but would travel to nearby metro areas (chicago, milwaukee, minn, iowa) for a trade! Pics on request.

#752 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:I have no shame!

Shame is one of the strongest drives we have as humans. You have shame, you simply choose to ignore it. In so doing you promote an illegal trade in counterfeit goods which devalues those things which others like me have worked hard to obtain. Rest assured whether it is watches, or art, or life: a liar deceives no one but himself.

#753 7 years ago
Quoted from Neuromancer87:

Shame is one of the strongest drives we have as humans. You have shame, you simply choose to ignore it. In so doing you promote an illegal trade in counterfeit goods which devalues those things which others like me have worked hard to obtain. Rest assured whether it is watches, or art, or life: a liar deceives no one but himself.

Wow.. thats a little harsh. I can see not choosing to support a counterfeit industry but to call him a liar is out of bounds. I dont see how a fake Rolex devalues a Rolex either. Do you have proof of that? From what I have seen high end watches increase in value if anything, not decrease.

#754 7 years ago
Quoted from Neuromancer87:

Whoa... I wasn't aware the value of Omega or other high end brands was in jeopardy. Have the prices been dropping? Is the resale market flat? No, I think not.

Is the counterfeit market good for business, I can say both yes and no. If not for that fake watch, I would have never gotten in to watches at all. It was a great way to determine what real watches I actually wanted to own. I have a buddy who is an investment banker with a near $200k watch collection. He dropped $12K on a Royal Oak Offshore and also paid $215 for a pretty convincing knock off. Why? Because when he takes the subway (albeit rare) he wears the knock off in case he gets mugged he can just hand it over and not think twice.

I now own 3 very nice real watches and a couple of decent "replicas" which were purchased as test drives.

I do happen to have the real Omega Planet Ocean. I wasn't trying to pass this one off as real. I didn't lie about it, specifically called it "faux" and I am upfront with anyone who has ever asked about it.

I Just happen to wear that replica the other day. It is my go to watch when doing house work or chores as I like having something on my wrist but also have no desire to mess up a multi-thousand dollar accessory, which seems reasonable.

To each his own and sorry to ruffle your feathers. Maybe next time I paint a bedroom I will wear my Rolex GMT and hope not to get any paint splatter on it.

#755 7 years ago

I have no fakes. What I do is wear my roo or panerai or any of my other high end watches (probably $200,000 worth like your friend) when I know it won't be in jeopardy from it getting dinged up,
Scratched, or stolen. When I'm in a situation where that may happy, I wear my beater tag (my first nice watch I bought on a cruise at 18 with money I worked for), one of my citizen eco drives (buddy worked for the company and every year they gave their employees the opportunity to by at 40% of retail, not off), or any of my other lower end watches. I know I simply could not wear or buy a fake anything but that's just me.

#756 7 years ago

Don't look at it as a fake watch, for a time telling device it is quite real!

But again to each their own! Everyone should just enjoy their things the way they want to.

Peace be with everyone. Not trying to turn this thread in to the typical Pinside trollfest of BS and misery.

#757 7 years ago

Ps. Saveleaningtower the games you have in the Market look amazing! Good luck with the sales.

#758 7 years ago

Thanks. The watches are next. Just keeping my ROO on bracelet and one of my panerais. And the cheap ones too. Lol

#759 7 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Thanks. The watches are next. Just keeping my ROO on bracelet and one of my panerais. And the cheap ones too. Lol

Are you near the Rabbinical College?

#760 7 years ago

Yes. Right down Sussex. How do you know about the college?

#761 7 years ago

In my workshop we reject service on fake watches mainly because there's no way to source spare parts and build quality is extremely inconsistent. Some fake watches cannot go back together after you take them apart!

The counterfeit market is doing an increasingly better job with the exterior components such as cases, bracelets, dials and hands. For this reason we never complete an authentication service without a close inspection of the movement; that is something they have not been able to fake yet!

#762 7 years ago

Yes. Right down Sussex. How do you know about the college?

Grandfather was on the board and now my Uncle is. I believe there is a Plaza on campus that has the family name on it.

#763 7 years ago

My new iPhone SE case! FINALLY got one!!

ted_se_case_(resized).jpgted_se_case_(resized).jpg

#764 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

My new iPhone SE case! FINALLY got one!!

Where did you get it?

#765 7 years ago

Thought I would jump on this thread with something cool I got in the Caribbean last year...

IMG_3341_(resized).JPGIMG_3341_(resized).JPG

IMG_3343_(resized).JPGIMG_3343_(resized).JPG

#766 7 years ago
Quoted from drjbeyer:

Thought I would jump on this thread with something cool I got in the Caribbean last year...

Be still, my heart! Damn, that is gorgeous!

#767 7 years ago

some nice watches on here. I do wonder if these new smart watches will take away from Swiss watches. It is nice to have aces stop the weather and what not with a quick glance.

#768 7 years ago

Just curious: Why are folks posting about their expensive watches on a public forum? When combined with other information that people post here (names, cities, etc) and information that people didn't realize they posted (pictures with geo tags, for example), you could be giving folks easy ways to track you down. To each their own, but please understand how this information can be used against you without you realizing it.

#769 7 years ago

A good automatic watch is something nice to pass down.

#770 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Just curious: Why are folks posting about their expensive watches on a public forum? When combined with other information that people post here (names, cities, etc) and information that people didn't realize they posted (pictures with geo tags, for example), you could be giving folks easy ways to track you down. To each their own, but please understand how this information can be used against you without you realizing it.

Good question. If you go over to time zone, you'll see people do it all the time. My guess is that it you can afford an AP, Cartier, Rolex, Omega, ... You probably have a sophisticated alarm system, insurance on your watch collection, and someway to protect yourself and family in the event that someone comes along and tries to steal from you.

Think of the collections of pins on here. Kind of the same thing. But I always thought it much harder to come steal my tron LE versus my watch.

#771 7 years ago

I'm an OMEGA man. Love them.
Just need a nice pin to go with them now..
Here is my daily wearer, my Planet Ocean 45.5mm.

007_(resized).JPG007_(resized).JPG

#772 7 years ago

My circa 1915 Longines 17 jewel pocket watch that my grandfather gave to me years ago.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#773 7 years ago

I really like the rubber wrist strap that I purchased from Steinhart for my Ocean One watch.

#774 7 years ago

#775 7 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

My circa 1915 Longines 17 jewel pocket watch that my grandfather gave to me years ago.

One nice watch! There's some history there! How's it keep time? What do you know about its service history?

#776 7 years ago

A Jaquet Droz with petrified wood dial (client's watch posted w/permission)

#777 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

One nice watch! There's some history there! How's it keep time? What do you know about its service history?

I had it serviced about a year ago. Manual wound of course, but it's accurate.

#778 7 years ago
Quoted from Kratogen:

Super cool. There's a Jaquet Droz store here in Hong Kong. I drool everytime I walk by the place!

#779 7 years ago
Quoted from Kratogen:

They do that watch with some really nice back dials. Almost pulled the trigger once.

#780 7 years ago

On the wrist, and feet!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#781 7 years ago

^ awesome. When I saw my first panerai in torrneau, Vegas, I knew id own a few before long.

#782 7 years ago

^ awesome. When I saw my first panerai in torrneau, Vegas, I knew id own a few before long.

The one pictured, a PAM111, was my first. I've acquired a few others since.

#783 7 years ago

Just picked up this beauty. Wanted one since I first tried one on in college.

#784 7 years ago

Another bargain hunter grab: The Dagz "Thunderbolt"
Thunderbolt (resized).jpgThunderbolt (resized).jpg
Still sells new on his website for $375 but I picked this one up from eBay in mint condition for $185. Double domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating. Bead blasted stainless steel case and bracelet (also came with three Nato straps), 9015 automatic movement and SuperLuminova markers. Bonus....the bracelet perfectly matches and fits my Sinn 556.

1 week later
#785 7 years ago

My 1904 Hamilton Watch Co. pocket watch that my grandfather gave to me years ago.

#786 7 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

My 1904 Hamilton Watch Co. pocket watch that my grandfather gave to me years ago.

Gorgeous pocket watch!

#787 7 years ago

I've noticed that folks like to have more upscale backgrounds (airport, jaguar, etc.) as their backgrounds when sharing a watch picture. I'm waiting on an incoming watch that I've ordered. Maybe I will take a pic of it with a Wal*Mart in the background? Stay tuned.

#788 7 years ago

a downvote? It was just a joke….

#789 7 years ago

My Lassale quartz from 1992.

#790 7 years ago

My Seiko Le Grand Sport quartz chronograph that I purchased back in 2006. It's been a reliable daily wearer keeping time within two seconds for months!

#791 7 years ago

You better fancy up that background!

#792 7 years ago

My new watch... A Christopher Ward C70 HRDC (Historic Racing Drivers Club) limited edition quartz chronograph.

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

My new watch... A Christopher Ward C70 HRDC (Historic Racing Drivers Club) limited edition quartz chronograph.

Nice looking watch!

#794 7 years ago

A couple additions to my collection. One old and one new! A 1970 Omega Speedmaster with a stepped dial purchased from another collector. I have the original bracelet but am wearing it with a Combat-Straps.com canvas strap. The other is a Tudor Black Bay with a stingray NATO strap.

1 week later
#795 7 years ago

Vintage Bulova 23 automatic in the California sun. Love the powder blue seconds hand!

2016-09-11 12.08.32-1-1 (resized).jpg2016-09-11 12.08.32-1-1 (resized).jpg

#796 7 years ago

Impressive Bulova! That strap is perfect for it.

#797 7 years ago

Made this exhibition caseback today for a client's vintage Omega Constellation

#798 7 years ago
Quoted from Kratogen:

Made this exhibition caseback today for a client's vintage Omega Constellation

Is that similar to casebacks I've seen on eBay for Speedmasters?

#799 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Is that similar to casebacks I've seen on eBay for Speedmasters?

I'm not familiar with those, have a link? This one we fabricated in the workshop.

#800 7 years ago
Quoted from Kratogen:

I'm not familiar with those, have a link? This one we fabricated in the workshop.

ebay.com link: Crystal case back with sapphire crystal insert for Omega Speedmaster watches

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 300.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,916 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches/page/16?hl=kratogen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.