66DA93E6-9AFB-49D2-8E7F-3808007DCBEA (resized).jpeg
E9E65C2D-7D09-4049-B803-D5891175BA69 (resized).jpeg
BD3131CA-4CF7-4A44-8A5F-5CFEE1552C41 (resized).jpeg
74338E01-F0EA-4D28-9812-075DDFDB1AFA (resized).jpeg
20240322_094634 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240322_132249641 (resized).jpg
Seiko_Kinetic_1996 (resized).jpg
20240319_124421 (resized).jpg

There are 2,909 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 59.
#602 7 years ago

I KNOW!….I'm still dribbling!

#603 7 years ago

Guys this is all I got. Not super fancy or $$ but has 2 internal rotating bezels and it's unique. I actually just found it being lost for a year

P1010829_(resized).JPGP1010829_(resized).JPG

#604 7 years ago

What brand is it? Do you know who made the movement or how old it is? I've never seen one like this before.

#605 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

What brand is it? Do you know who made the movement or how old it is? I've never seen one like this before.

I'll have to look into what documentation I have for it. Claimed to be 70s but you never know.

#606 7 years ago

I'm looking to make a long shot trade. I have a Capcom Airborne in nice shape and looking to trade for a Rolex Sub either date or no date, without a band, I'm going to throw it on a nato. It'll be a daily wear watch, so it doesn't need to be mint. I'll add cash as needed.

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Well, after sending my Ocean One Black to Steinhart for repair/evaluation twice it still works no better than I first received it in December.
I currently own two Steinhart watches, but after my experience with Steinhart and their unwillingness to address the issue (I asked for an even exchange or a full refund) regarding this watch I have a watch that looks nice, but is an underperformer. I emailed Steinhart outlining my disappointment. I don't expect anything to come from it, but I wanted to let them know that I wasn't a satisified customer of theirs anymore.
Do you think that I am being unreasonable?

Here is an update on this for anyone interested...

The email that I had written expressing my disappointment was forwarded to Steinhart's president. I must say after that after a couple of friendly email exchanges I am impressed. As you know, the challenge with most mechanical watches like this is that you can't tell how much of the power reserve is left in the watch by just looking at it. He suggested that I manually wind the watch about 20 times before I set it down for the day. That did the trick as I was only getting about 20 hours power reserve before. After manually winding it I got at least 39 hours and it was still running. I would have let it run longer, but I wanted to wear it that day. I do love that watch.

I had read online in a watch forum that someone suggested not to manually wind the 2824-2 movement "excessively" since it may damage the movement. They said the 2824-2 was meant to be automatically wound not manually wound. I asked Steinhart's president about that and he said manually winding the watch as we discussed would not harm it.

Steinhart does what they can to keep their customers happy. I would not hesitate buying another watch from them.

I've always said that anyone can sell you something. What they do after the sale to help you if you have an issue makes all the difference.

#608 7 years ago

Speaking of watches that display how much power reserve a mechanical watch has left...
Has anyone checked out the watches from Orient Star? www.orient-watch.com/orientstar

They look to be very nice, affordable, high quality watches.

Edit: They are a subsidiary of Seiko.

#609 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I bought a Movado from a street vendor in Hawaii nearly thirty years ago. He started out at $230 and I bought it for $20. It worked and I used it for a while.....that was before I really got into watches and swore off any fakes.

A friend did the same in NYC in front of a pair of buildings that no longer exist, bought a Movado Esperanza from a guy on the street and talked him down to $20ish. After a month or two of wear, the glue holding the 12 o'clock dot gave up and the poor bugger bounced around in there until the whole thing went in the trash. I bought a real one for myself that same Christmas just to rub it in, still have it.

#610 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Guys this is all I got. Not super fancy or $$ but has 2 internal rotating bezels and it's unique.

I think that 2nd bezel is for azan time. Pretty far out!

1 week later
#611 7 years ago

Ok. So this just happened. I blame all of y'all for it too!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#613 7 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

image_(resized).jpeg

The most iconic watch in history (IMHO)....and one that never goes out of style. Also the one that started this entire thread

#614 7 years ago

Very hard to get any info on this watch...I thought I had paperwork but I do not. The only maker info is
"Monter Carlo" and then somthig on the back...other than that it's all Arabic and no info on the face. I just know it's for praying obvioiusly

1 week later
#615 7 years ago

...and another you bastards!

#616 7 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

image_(resized).jpeg

Beautiful! I've been getting the urge lately to pick up another Omega soon. You are a bad influence - thank you.

#617 7 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

image_(resized).jpeg

Oh, that one's very nice!

#618 7 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

image_(resized).jpeg

He's on a roll!

Nice pick up.

#619 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

He's on a roll!
Nice pick up.

I have one more coming soon...and that's it! For a while...

#620 7 years ago

Anyone into watch mods? If so, check out this place. This guy is fantastic to work with and makes a great product!

http://www.combat-straps.com/

#621 7 years ago

Any experiences with Deep Blue watches? Pros / Cons? Thanks!
http://www.deepbluewatches.com/

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Anyone into watch mods? If so, check out this place. This guy is fantastic to work with and makes a great product!

Getting one for the Rolex Zephyr! Just gotta figure out which one!! Stingray or ostrich!

#623 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Getting one for the Rolex Zephyr! Just gotta figure out which one!! Stingray or ostrich!

I ordered seven straps from Aaron. They should arrive soon. His communication is fantastic, over the top!

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Any experiences with Deep Blue watches? Pros / Cons? Thanks!
http://www.deepbluewatches.com/

I don't know about Deep Blue, but would like to hear what others have to say. Looks like they have a good selection of diving and aviation watches!

#625 7 years ago

My Deepsea. It's hard to get a good photo of the blue/black dial.

#626 7 years ago

Erroneous post, can't delete. Sorry guys (and gals)!

#627 7 years ago

This just arrived today.

#628 7 years ago

The photos don't do this black beauty justice.

#629 7 years ago

New style deployment clasp, movement and face.

IMG_0488_(resized).JPGIMG_0488_(resized).JPG
IMG_0491_(resized).JPGIMG_0491_(resized).JPG
IMG_0489_(resized).JPGIMG_0489_(resized).JPG

#630 7 years ago

Thanks to the folks on Omega Forums for referring me to the right vendor.

#631 7 years ago

Cool laser engraving.

#632 7 years ago

wow nice piece, love the look of the new movement.

#633 7 years ago

New style deployment clasp, movement and face.
IMG_0488_(resized).JPG
IMG_0491_(resized).JPG
IMG_0489_(resized).JPG

Fantastic!

#634 7 years ago

Thanks Astropin, it feels great on the wrist. Seems much smaller than it actually is.

#635 7 years ago

Thanks to the folks on Omega Forums for referring me to the right vendor.

Gorgeous watch..

What vendor did you use?

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Gorgeous watch..
What vendor did you use?

Same question!

#637 7 years ago

some panny action today.

watchpanny_(resized).JPGwatchpanny_(resized).JPG

#638 7 years ago

I used http://www.chitownwatch.com
They delivered exactly as promised and Sergey is a great guy.

#639 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Been texting with Aaron. (he gets back to you FAST!) Looks like I may be getting this for the Rolex Zephyr! (lol...near $200 so I have to hide it from the wife!)

0_0_0_0_566_377_csupload_68431270_toad_(resized).jpg0_0_0_0_566_377_csupload_68431270_toad_(resized).jpg

#640 7 years ago

I used Chitownwatches.com
They delivered exactly as promised and Servey is a great guy.

It's www.chitownwatch.com

#642 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Been texting with Aaron. (he gets back to you FAST!) Looks like I may be getting this for the Rolex Zephyr! (lol...near $200 so I have to hide it from the wife!)

0_0_0_0_566_377_csupload_68431270_toad_(resized).jpg

I ordered seven straps from Aaron. I'll post photos once I get them. Like I said, he's a great communicator. He also has a fantastic website.

#643 7 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

some panny action today.

Panny action Thursday...

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#644 7 years ago

Just picked up this guy for wearing around..

1461949218304-974109461_(resized).jpg1461949218304-974109461_(resized).jpg

#645 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Nice daily wear watch!

#646 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

1461949218304-974109461_(resized).jpg

Seiko auto's offer a lot of "bang for your buck". I especially like their divers.

#647 7 years ago

In the good "bang for the buck" category, this is one of my favorites. You wouldn't know it's about 13 years old from the way it looks. The Duratect treated titanium is really resistant to scratches and I like the look of the curved sapphire crystal. The perpetual calendar adjusts the date accordingly until the year 2100, accurate to about 10s/mo and no battery changes, so convenient.

Citizen3_(resized).jpgCitizen3_(resized).jpg

Citizen2_(resized).jpgCitizen2_(resized).jpg

#648 7 years ago

Seiko divers can be modified, too. Here's mine, along with a much better picture that I didn't take of the same watch...

Seiko_diver_(resized).jpgSeiko_diver_(resized).jpg

Seiko_diver_1_(resized).jpgSeiko_diver_1_(resized).jpg

#649 7 years ago

The "Crash of '29" watch from Kickstarter. Made this year, #29 of 49, movement from 1897. It's pretty large but just on the wearable size, really striking.

CgElYgBWwAA4Vj-.jpg_large_(resized).jpgCgElYgBWwAA4Vj-.jpg_large_(resized).jpg

#650 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing guys... It's fun to see these watches.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods
Interactive
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 2,909 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.