IMG_2838 (resized).jpeg
20240229_103034 (resized).jpg
20240229_102916 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240223_222657783.jpg
20240223_173130 (resized).jpg
20240221_094552 (resized).jpg
20240220_194338 (resized).jpg
DB62DD70-87BD-4855-B1C5-9F58C89ECD41 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 58.
#1 10 years ago

I'm also a member at one of the big watch forums. Pinball and watches are my "Big Two" in hobbies with others coming and going over the years. I've loved watches probably since I was 10 or so.....roughly the same time I started playing pinball.

Well I just got the most significant and meaningful watch (to me) so far. My so called "grail". The OMEGA Speedmaster Professional - AKA "The Moon Watch". Probably the most iconic watch in history....at least in my opinion. The style has not changed since 1957.....and like a man's suit will seemingly never go out of style. First watch on the moon and it also saved the lives of the Apollo 13 crew when it was used to time their re-entry burn since the electronic timer on the ship was out. It's still the only watch authorized for by NASA for use outside of a spacecraft.....amazing.

Anyway....long story short, the folks over there wanted to see pics of the watch and the pins together....so I figured I might as well share them here as well.

DSC00162 (1024x683).jpgDSC00162 (1024x683).jpgDSC00164 (800x534).jpgDSC00164 (800x534).jpgDSC00165 (1024x683).jpgDSC00165 (1024x683).jpgDSC00170 (1024x683).jpgDSC00170 (1024x683).jpg

#3 10 years ago

Was in to watches for a while. Too expensive for me and I was the only one that enjoyed it lol. Friends and family can play pinball.

#4 10 years ago

Just sold my Glashutte Original Senator Perpetual Calendar to fund AC/DC premium, with cash left over. Best trade I ever did.

#6 10 years ago

Love the Speedy Pro, congrats.

Patek and IWC are my favorite makers. I still have my old PP3940 in YG and have a soft spot for the IWC Portuguese line wearing my 3712 everyday.

#7 10 years ago

Pinball and watches are my things as well. Been cooling a bit on the watches the last couple of years and selling off.

I just wish the pins were as easy to move snd store as the watches are.

#8 10 years ago

I like Watch's as well, but Can't afford the top end ones yet. Have picked up a few Movato's though

#9 10 years ago

Ok where is Ted? I swear I read here once that was his big thing also....

#10 10 years ago

Man, hit my two favorite hobbies as well!!! I do the Rolex thing....always liked them, and just appreciate the craftsmanship.....

#11 10 years ago

I've had three Speedy Pros in the past and regret selling allof them. I was just rewatching Apollo 13 the other day and saw the astronauts strapping them on and now I'm looking for another.

#12 10 years ago

Looks like another expensive hobby! Count me out!

#13 10 years ago

Yes, its real, but they only made one. http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/introducing-the-christophe-claret-x-trem-1-pinball-for-only-watch-2013

christophe-claret-pinball-watch-02.jpgchristophe-claret-pinball-watch-02.jpg

Post edited by callmesteam : Added Article Link

#14 10 years ago

....Very nice Omega Op.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Yes, its real, but they only made one.

christophe-claret-pinball-watch-... 28 KB

That's incredible.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Rolex, one of the worst/over-rated watches for accurate time....

That's like saying, why buy a pinball machine? They break down all the time. Just get an xbox; it's much more reliable. Obviously you don't understand.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

callmesteam said:
Yes, its real, but they only made one.

christophe-claret-pinball-watch-... 28 KB

That's incredible.

And not real in the physical sense....but wish it was.!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from FoghornLeghorn:

That's like saying, why buy a pinball machine? They break down all the time. Just get an xbox; it's much more reliable. Obviously you don't understand.

Obviously, you've never owned one....or never took the time to calibrate it to real time.

#19 10 years ago

I've owned five of them, dimwit. Go back to your $10 Timex digital watch if you want "accurate time." Again, you clearly aren't a watch guy, so why rain on this parade.

#20 10 years ago

Oh my, what we have here ,I say, what we have here, is someone who cannot read, ...are you saying you owned 5 rolexes? or 5 omega's? cause the OP is talking Omega..

#21 10 years ago

I said I've owned 3 Speedy's and 5 Rolexes. You might want to know that buying and selling Swiss watches is a side business of mine. Gee, hard to believe some of us spend money on something other than pinball, huh. Go play in another sandbox and check your watch for accurate time and a clue.

#22 10 years ago

....my full-time job is swiss watches...

#23 10 years ago

Watches , pins ( and other game room stuff ) and the Porsche for me. Don't wear the watches enough, play my games enough, or drive the Porsche enough. Real shame as I do miss them but I find I'd rather spend my free time with my 3 and 5 year old girls. Good news is that they do like to go play the jukebox and some games now and then.

#24 10 years ago

I've owned five of them, dimwit. Go back to your $10 Timex digital watch if you want "accurate time." Again, you clearly aren't a watch guy, so why rain on this parade.

Now, now, I once had a Timex Dynabeat. Kept pretty accurate time for an early electric watch for a working man's kid.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Watches , pins ( and other game room stuff ) and the Porsche for me. Don't wear the watches enough, play my games enough, or drive the Porsche enough. Real shame as I do miss them but I find I'd rather spend my free time with my 3 and 5 year old girls. Good news is that they do like to go play the jukebox and some games now and then.

I always make time to drive the German cars. Even if I just do a quick five mile loop to smile as I listen to the engine make music.

#26 10 years ago

My two loves as well. I've actually noticed that a lot of people into pinball wear nice watches, so it seems to be a connection between the two in regards to an appreciation of beautiful machines.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

My one watch cost more than your 8 watches put together....my full-time job is swiss watches...So, I say,,what we have here, is you don't know who your playing with, I play in a sandbox of diamonds...

Sure you do

#28 10 years ago

I decided to stop wearing a watch when I started carrying a cell phone all the time.

#29 10 years ago

Here's one of the best connections between watches and pinball.... Back when Elgin made watches about 50 miles away from where all pinball machines were being made.

IMAG1276.jpgIMAG1276.jpg
#30 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I always make time to drive the German cars. Even if I just do a quick five mile loop to smile as I listen to the engine make music.

I did the same but as time passes I do the rides less often. But I agree, it is a pleasure to drive. They are amazing cars.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Here's one of the best connections between watches and pinball.... Back when Elgin made watches about 50 miles away from where all pinball machines were being made.

IMAG1276.jpg 239 KB

That's awesome. Thanks for posting.

#32 10 years ago

I like those nifty modified seiko automatic divers & flightmasters.

Those are legit time pieces that can get really kick ass by creative people. Add a fatty mesh non tapered bracelet or a nubby hidden clasp nugget band & BAM. Big ol IR coated dome sapphires & custom bezels, hands, etc... Magic!

All durable, accurate, well engineered & can be had for a few hundie

#33 10 years ago

You might want to know that buying and selling Swiss watches is a side business of mine.

Since you mentioned it is a side business of yours; may I ask what your primary business is? Don't feel like you have to tell me as I realize it's none of my business...

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I decided to stop wearing a watch when I started carrying a cell phone all the time.

I have noticed this quite a bit. A wrist watch is becoming less and less a necessity for a lot of people.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

IMAG1276.jpg 239 KB

Pimp as hell.

#36 10 years ago

I Love Pinball, I like watches. I currently have a vintage Explorer, a Tissot Touch, and other quartz watches. I once found a fake Rolex, it was an automatic and was made in Japan.

#37 10 years ago

…and what better way to enjoy your pins & sweet watch, …with an excellent cigar

#38 10 years ago

This is my favorite watch. Rado Diastar automatic movement
image.jpgimage.jpg

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

…and what better way to enjoy your pins & sweet watch, …with an excellent cigar

That's how the F we roll in the basement!

1998 LE plantation = The one rum I put ice in from time to time. It brightens it up & changes the profile.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#41 10 years ago

OT hijack

Moar cigar sexiness

image-930.jpgimage-930.jpg image-995.jpgimage-995.jpg image-58.jpgimage-58.jpg image-526.jpgimage-526.jpg image-900.jpgimage-900.jpg
#42 10 years ago

My bro sent this one to me as a gift. He lives in Times Square, and he got this one off a random street vendor.

DMD watch. Big pimpin. Also with tones of Greatest American Hero in the band design.

2013-12-03_21-32-24_657-1.jpg2013-12-03_21-32-24_657-1.jpg
#43 10 years ago

I quit wearing watches a very long time ago. Every time I'd get a watch rebuilt, I'd soon follow up with a big car crash or motorcycle wreck.

Then about the time I'd get the watch fixed again...........BAAM.

It took maybe a half dozen wrecks or so until I gave up on watches.

More watches have tried to kill me than pinball machines.

LTG : )

#44 10 years ago

sweet mamacita !!! look at those stogies up there…
alrighty… the gauntlet has been thrown down

here's one of my fav's (the cigars too)

tron-zino.jpgtron-zino.jpg

#45 10 years ago

Haven't worn a watch since 2002.

#46 10 years ago

When working on your pin, remove your metal watch, first. We have all done this, reached into the pin with the power on. OK, maybe not Lloyd. Safety First.

#47 10 years ago

I grew up with watches everywhere. The family were horologists going back to the late 1700's.
As much as I love them, I own very few now.

As Art, and Machine, I respect all that people enjoy as collectors.

Since its purpose is to tell time, I am with Kwikimart on this....

I enjoy the quality counterfeits.....when one catches my eye.
My brother is getting one from me with the Erotic Automaton on the back for Christmas!

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

When working on your pin, remove your metal watch, first. We have all done this, reached into the pin with the power on. OK, maybe not Lloyd. Safety First.

Rings too. They are too easy to arc weld with and need to be cut off when squished moving a machine.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rings too. They are too easy to arc weld with and need to be cut off when squished moving a machine.

cigars too.

When working on your pin, remove your cigar, first.

#50 10 years ago

I collect watches as well. Currently my favorite and the one I seem to wear the most is my black dial audemars piguet rubber clad with hornback strap. image-88.jpgimage-88.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Trade
There are 2,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.