Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by longspur
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

i've spent the last few weeks sorting out a hurricane machine, finally last night got it completely working, all lights,flashers etc.. it was playing great.
went to turn it on today and its dead, its geting power the led's are on but no display, no lights, no sound nothing.. very strange, all fuses fine.
its abit cold where it is but nothing more than usual.

any ideas where i should start looking?

#2 9 years ago

I am pretty new to this but the interconnect board is where I would start to look first. Check connectors, reseat and so on.

#3 9 years ago

hiya mate spot on thanks!!!, just reseated them and it sprung into life!

#4 9 years ago

You might have some cracked solder joints. Try pulling the PCB and checking the solder side of the connectors.

#5 9 years ago

I have just read some facts with regards to the molex connectors. They have a life of about 20 reseats. So, if you can remember which one got the game running look at replacing that connector. Do not continue to pull connectors on a regular basis. Glad you got it running again.

Cheers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside