6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zh2oson
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinballWizards (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I couldn't find a thread on this title, so hope I'm not creating a double-thread.

I believe I came across the book title on "This week in pinball" and instantly ordered it on Amazon. Yes, I have "no life"

When it came I was very disappointed at it has no photos and is an actual book. However, when I started reading it I realised it is highly entertaining, by which I mean well-written, well-researched and often really funny. (especially when he refers to his wife's attitude to a grown man with kids playing pinball. I can totally relate to that.) I can certainly recommend this to all pinheads who enjoy a good "pin read".

#2 6 years ago

I followed the books development on Facebook. I tried to preorder but the author doesn't believe in the preorder concept and then I forgot all about it, lol. Thanks for the reminder, I look forward to checking it out!

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Wizards-Jackpots-Drains-Silver-ebook/dp/B071HLG76B/ref=sr_1_1

PinballWizards (resized).jpgPinballWizards (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Written by one of our own (FSPA league member).

Thanks for the reminder; I will ask for it for Xmas.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinslot:

I can certainly recommend this to all pinheads who enjoy a good "pin read".

More important, it is a good gift to people who don't personally understand the world of pinball but could be won over.
    .................David Marston

1 month later
    #5 6 years ago

I just finished this...my wife gave it to me for Christmas.

Pinball Wizards touches on all the major points in pinball history as well as the author's hillarious attempts to re-enter the comeptitve world of professional pinball. It is a concise accounting and won't offer lots of new information for anyone who hangs out on Pinside, but Ruben has a great sense of humor and the book brings the hobby current (including info about Heighway, Spooky and Dutch.)

The best part of the book for me was reading about his guilt in leaving his young family to play pinball at various events and to conduct reaserch. Boy, did that ring true!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-wizards-jackpots-drains-and-the-cult-of-the-silver-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.