2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

NEW! Ep. 199 of Pinball Profile. The song Pinball Wizard turns 50! Hear the history of this iconic song by The Who from the album "Tommy" and how it has shaped pinball in the mainstream. Plus, Lyman Sheats talks about his days at Data East working on The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard machine.

Listen here: https://bit.ly/2EvoBaS
    Subscribe to Pinball Profile on iTunes, Stitcher & Google Play. Please rate too!
    Follow on Twitter @PinballProfile

Thanks for listening!

#2 2 years ago

Wow. Doesn't seem like 50 years already. My Father's arcade the Rifle Sport was at 812 Hennepin Ave. in Minneapolis, MN. Donny Nygaard went to Dayton's department store and bought the 45rpm version of it and gave it to my Father for his jukebox when the song came out.

Thank you for the memory.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

How many more years until I never have to hear it again?

#4 2 years ago

Killer song, killer album, now and forever.

Turn off the lights and light a candle and cue it up...you'll see your future!!!

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

How many more years until I never have to hear it again?

If you are in good health, I'd guess 30 years or so.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If you are in good health, I'd guess 30 years or so.

Just kill me now.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Just kill me now.

Exactly!! Never cared for the song, mostly due to the ending part of it as it just sorta fads away like they ran out of things to sing about.

John

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside