(Topic ID: 22412)

Pinball Wizard Song at XXX Olympics closing

By IowaPinballClub

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Did you like Kaiser Chiefs version of Pinball Wizard?”

• Yes 15 votes
      45%
    • No 2 votes
      6%
    • I didn't watch. 16 votes
      48%

(33 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

The Who's "Pinball Wizard" performed by Kaiser Chiefs at the closing of the XXX Olympics was impressive to me! What were your thoughts?

-Aaron
    Iowa Pinball Club

ps. Lots of talk today on twitter as a result of this song.

#2 11 years ago

Yes, the pop bumpers and balls bouncing all around the stadium was very impressive.

#3 11 years ago

I saw Kaiser Chiefs open for Green Day a few years ago. They are pretty damn good, I love suprisingly good opening bands.

#4 11 years ago

Should have let roger and Pete do the talking since they played later in the program or had them chime into the song

#5 11 years ago

Does anyone have a damn video of either this segment or the whole thing? Preferrably the latter?

Our DVR failed to record anything, and apparently NBC cut away out of it anyways, jack-hats....

#8 11 years ago

I hate this song so much.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I hate this song so much

Then write a song about pinball.

#10 11 years ago

I thought the exposure for pinball during the song was pretty awesome as the whole world was watching

#11 11 years ago

I'd have to say it is easily the best pinball reference Song I have heard. But I am a big WHO fan since the 60's!!!

#12 11 years ago

Love the Kaiser Chiefs. Love their song "Ruby". Great tune.

#13 11 years ago

JesseB, That is exactly what I liked about it too! Pinball Got Mad Exposure! The entire world was watching!

-Aaron
    Iowa Pinball Club

#14 11 years ago

This is not the XXX olympics I was expecting.

#15 11 years ago

What kind of awful EMs was Tommy playing anyway? I could beat him.

#16 11 years ago

Absolutely hate that song. Mention pinball on TV and it's playing right behind it. Never fails. Plus, Townshend ruined the WHO for me. He should be in prison. Can never look at the band the same again.

#17 11 years ago

I'm sick to death of that song.

True story. Ricky Wilson of the Kaiser Chiefs is my cousin.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-wizard-song-at-xxx-olympics-closing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.