Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball Wizard t-shirt (resized).jpg
    top_14 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1877 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0583 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    pinball-wizard (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Nay or yay?

pinball-wizard (resized).jpgpinball-wizard (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

nay

#3 7 years ago

I think a lot of people in this hobby kind of hate the moniker "pinball wizard"

I would not wear anything that says it on it fwiw and i own like 15 pinball shirts

#4 7 years ago

But I do think it's a great gift for non pinheads to give to actual pin owners. "oh, John would love this"!

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from webdiddy:

But I do think it's a great gift for non pinheads to give to actual pin owners. "oh, John would love this"!

No I dont want a shirt with an old grumpy guy on the front.

#6 7 years ago

This ones is better

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

Maybe a smelly, middle-age, fat, lonly guy, playing pinball, with PINBALL WIZARD written below?
    I would buy that.

#8 7 years ago

I don't dislike it. I do think the proposal to make it funny would work better. Not sure I need a fat old smelly guy on my shirt. But something along that line with the pinball wizard wording works better for me that an actual wizard.

#9 7 years ago

Looks cool and briefly considered it but also echoing sentiment about pinball wizard.. and don't want to have to deal with getting it from family members as a present and having to wear it then either haha

#10 7 years ago

Any Pinball Lizard ones?

#11 7 years ago

I'm in but I would give it to the 3 anti-pinball women in my house on their birthdays

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

No I dont want a shirt with an old grumpy guy on the front.

Nor would I ever expect a positive guy like you to wear one

Quoted from bonzo442:

I'm in but I would give it to the 3 anti-pinball women in my house on their birthdays

Good idea!

Anyway, I know they can be found here: http://pinbrawler.storenvy.com/products/19563106-pinball-wizard-short-sleeve-t-shirt

#13 7 years ago

I think it's a cool shirt regardless of what some on here think.

Those of us who were part of the pinball culture when it was coined appreciate the terminology.

#14 7 years ago

I like the pinball lizard idea. Maybe a lizard in a wizard hat!! I want this one. With the right art this will sell! It's a cool shirt anyhow- but lizard had me laughing.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

I like the pinball lizard idea. Maybe a lizard in a wizard hat!! I want this one. With the right art this will sell! It's a cool shirt anyhow- but lizard had me laughing.

Royalties goes to me to lizardise my Lizard Lounge game room, since I am currently crowned the Pinball Lizard.

#16 7 years ago

The original pinball wizard shirt from 1974. I still have one.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#17 7 years ago

Another from back in the day.

IMG_0583 (resized).PNGIMG_0583 (resized).PNG

#18 7 years ago

This one might make it to a shirt some day.

IMG_1877 (resized).JPGIMG_1877 (resized).JPG

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

The original pinball wizard shirt from 1974. I still have one.

I remember that Shirt!

#20 7 years ago

^^^Good memories, yes?^^^ : )

You can still get them.

#21 7 years ago

I had a similar T shirt. Actually I think the Pinball wizard shirt was the first shirt I ever got from the mall. That instant press your shirt shop. Second one likely KISS followed close by Farrah! Yeah both poster and shirt.

Those hot pressed decal shirts thought suck thought when your older than 12. It traps heat and makes you sweat and feels weird. Then after a while cracks chips off and looks like crap. Imo

top_14 (resized).jpgtop_14 (resized).jpg

#22 7 years ago

A lot of guys had the Farrah poster on their bedroom walls.

Yeah those heat transfer shirts were kind of lame and did make you sweat. After a few washes they would crack and get pretty-disintegrated.

I remember another shirt I had back then. It was during the oil embargoes of the 70s and read, "Eat Beans America Needs The Gas".

One time I was sent home from school for wearing a T-shirt that said, "Ass, Grass, or Gas.. Nobody Rides For Free".

#23 7 years ago

I'd like a Dirty Donny shirt but the shirts seem to be always black. Also, I don't think I'd want to walk around wearing a shirt that has "Pinball Wizard" on it. Kinda geaky if you ask me.

#24 7 years ago

In case you haven't realized it yet, the entire pinball hobby is considered "geeky" by most who aren't into it.

I remember when I told one of my co-workers that I was going to a pinball show he sarcastically asked me if I was going to attend a Star Trek convention afterwards.

lol

#25 7 years ago

^^^Good memories, yes?^^^ : )
    You can still get them.

Where can you get them?

#26 7 years ago

No nothing about seller but here is one vendor. http://skreened.com/roach/pinball-wizard

Search is your friend. ; ) I've had mine for a lonnnnng time so I don't remember where I got it, sorry.

#27 7 years ago

No nothing about seller but here is one vendor. http://skreened.com/roach/pinball-wizard
    Search is your friend. ; ) I've had mine for a lonnnnng time so I don't remember where I got it, sorry.

Thanks, guess I should have googled it first...was being lazy

#28 7 years ago

My kids bought me this one in blue a few years back for my birthday ...

Pinball Wizard t-shirt (resized).jpgPinball Wizard t-shirt (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-wizard-shirt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.