Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170513_102613 (resized).jpg
    20170513_102601 (resized).jpg
    20170513_101600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0054 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0053 (resized).JPG
    f (resized).jpg
    IMG_9663 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0209 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170110_104303 (resized).jpg
    20161018_211522 (resized).jpg
    20161018_205700 (resized).jpg
    20161018_205654 (resized).jpg
    20161018_211537 (resized).jpg
    20161018_214342 (resized).jpg
    20161018_211623 (resized).jpg
    20161018_211722 (resized).jpg

There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 6 years ago

#202 6 years ago

It is difficult to watch PWA's flame flicker out. Unbelievable they couldn't find another location to lease within a 30 mile radius. RIP Pinball Wizard Arcade, you led the way, doing it right from the moment you opened doors in 2011. You leave behind big footprints, soon to be filled by shifting sand as you disappear from this earth. You'll be fondly remembered by many of us.

IMG_0053 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0054 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPG

#203 6 years ago

Hello pinside crew!

Wanted to put in my comments of the Pinball Wizard Arcade.

To give a little background.

I was born and raised in the area, and grew up in the arcade

My start was at the old Reflex Arcade in NH which turned into the Penny Arcade
    then moved up the street to be renamed Noah's Arkarde (no relation to Wayne's World)

Also remembers the old Space Centers in Manchester, and Salem NH

When the Pinball Wizard Arcade opened I stumbled upon this via a NH chronicle episode, which is a local news magazine. That night I drove to PWA and was taken away as far as what was on the floor even though upon arrival they closed in about 1 hour but needed to I check the place out.

About a year later I took my future bro in-law to the arcade and he was like a kid in a candy store.

The support that they offered to the New England Pinball League, IFPA, and multiple other groups was outstanding. Sarah is like her last name states a Saint to the pinball and arcade game community.

Thank you for everything that you have given to the arcade community Pinball Wizard Arcade. The place will always be in our thoughts, as far as good times and great games to play.

So hold up a beverage to those who have been to this great place and 3 cheers to Sarah for all her hard work for the 6+ great years. The arcade will be missed!

Sincerely
    rskene

#204 6 years ago

I stopped in to see Sarah on Friday night and it was such a depressing site to see all of the games packed up or carrying for sale stickers. Pinball Wizard was a great place to bring the family and have good old fashion fun. It will be sorely missed. My daughter, then age 7, competed in her first pinball tournament there. She placed something like 56th out of 100+ participants and even though she was no where near the leader board Sarah was kind enough to give her a nice stuffed animal as a prize which meant much more to my daughter than the largest trophy. As the expression goes, Sarah is good people!

Thank you Sarah for many wonderful years and for sharing your passion with the community. Playing pinball there really sealed my fate in the hobby by making me an addict. I truly hope that someday Pinball Wizard will be back somewhere close.

John

2 weeks later
    #205 6 years ago

It's Game Over.

I used to take my kids there once every few months, I was so lucky to live 45 minutes from Pelham.

I went during the "sell off" on Saturday May 13th and purchased a beat up JAMMA cabinet for a project MAME conversion.

The pinballs that were left were very pricey for my liking, but Sarah put so much love into those games, you knew what they were worth.

I think there was more behind the closure than rent. It seems like a daunting task to run a business like the one she had in terms of sheer scale. I bet it took something away from her repair business, which, I assume is still alive and well.

I emailed Funspot a year ago, telling them I would volunteer to fix and clean the pinball games there but never got a reply.

Unfortunately, I see more closures on the horizon, with only smaller places popping up to fill the void.

Glad Pinside is here to help us figure out where to go. Keep supporting your local arcade!

20170513_101600 (resized).jpg20170513_101600 (resized).jpg

20170513_102601 (resized).jpg20170513_102601 (resized).jpg

20170513_102613 (resized).jpg20170513_102613 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #206 6 years ago

So I was at Funspot in Weirs Beach yesterday and noticed that Sarah was there along with 2 younger techs.
    They were working on fixing up many of the arcade and pinball machines.
    Most of what I played was in great working order, which may be the direct result of Sarah's new partnership(?) or side gig with Funspot.

#207 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

So I was at Funspot in Weirs Beach yesterday and noticed that Sarah was there along with 2 younger techs.
    They were working on fixing up many of the arcade and pinball machines.
    Most of what I played was in great working order, which may be the direct result of Sarah's new partnership(?) or side gig with Funspot.

I visited there a few weeks ago on a Tuesday and asked about her, she has been there for a good while , I first saw her there in 2013 she used to go only once a week

There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-wizard-in-nh-is-closing/page/5?hl=supergrafx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.