By rhinobucket

6 months ago

Stats

• Started 6 months ago
  • 184 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 weeks ago by PersonX99

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

f (resized).jpg
IMG_9663 (resized).JPG
IMG_0209 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170110_104303 (resized).jpg
20161018_211522 (resized).jpg
20161018_205700 (resized).jpg
20161018_205654 (resized).jpg
20161018_211537 (resized).jpg
20161018_214342 (resized).jpg
20161018_211623 (resized).jpg

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 184 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #103 88 days ago

This is an awesome thread

#104 88 days ago

JFC I can't believe someone censored and deleted my post about why I can't visit the USA in the next 4 years. WTF is wrong with you people?

#105 88 days ago

Deal with your reality, you cowards.

#106 88 days ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Deal with your reality, you cowards.

Didnt read your original post but if it was political it really is innapropriate on the main page. There is a basement here for that bullshit.

#107 88 days ago

I plan to visit Canada soon. Niagara Falls, Maple syrup, The Keg, Crown Royal and more! Maybe even ride along and view the Welland Canal & Lock system.

#108 87 days ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Talked to Sarah today.
    She has until February 28th.
    They're still in negotiations
    Enjoyed several hours there.
    Still can't get over what a top notch operation Pinball Wizard is.
    Hope for the best and wish them lots of luck.

I heard they were getting a BM66, was it there yet?

#109 86 days ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I heard they were getting a BM66, was it there yet?

No not yet.
    They did have a Hobbit and it was set up perfectly.

1 week later
    #110 75 days ago

Anyone up the last week or so? Bm66 up and running yet? Any others? Thinking about going up today.

#111 75 days ago

#batman-66 wasn't there last Monday , she said it's on order so perhaps it showed up on the loading dock

enjoy the day there

#112 75 days ago

Go8ng up next sunday..

#113 74 days ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

Batman 66 wasn't there last Monday , she said it's on order so perhaps it showed up on the loading dock
    enjoy the day there

Rollergames was up on Monday though :-). I haven't seen that there before.

#114 74 days ago
    Quoted from mattmarr:

Rollergames was up on Monday though :-). I haven't seen that there before.

Rollergames was there in November when we played the NEPL final league tournament.

#115 69 days ago

Anyone have an update on this? It's now February.. Has Sarah made any official comments yet about the closure? Or is she still working with the landlord on the lease?

#116 69 days ago

Only update I have is that something is probably being added to PWA's lineup this evening.

Hint - It has 1 turntable and no microphone.

#117 69 days ago

Dialed In

#118 69 days ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Anyone up the last week or so? Bm66 up and running yet? Any others? Thinking about going up today.

#batman-66 did arrive tonight, for league; we were rescheduled to play tonight 'cause we were snowed out last Monday. was a nice treat

#119 69 days ago

Coming down to the wire are they closing???

#120 69 days ago

Interesting new pins are arriving with the PWA closing down at the end of the month

#121 69 days ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Interesting new pins are arriving with the PWA closing down at the end of the month

If she closes she'll just add them to her personal collection.

#122 69 days ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

That is inaccurate.

Quoted from LitzDoc:

Dialed In

I guess my hint wasn't that great...

IMG_0209 (resized).JPG

#123 69 days ago

Clarify if statement was inaccurate, you seem to have knowledge on the subject

#124 69 days ago

After everyone beating around the bush on Pinside, I sent Sarah and email asking for some details. I'll let you guys know if I get a response.

#125 69 days ago

Played a game on this Batman 66 last night. Fun game! Get on over there and check it out!

1 week later
    #126 59 days ago

Still no updates?

#127 58 days ago

It is not official but members of the New England Pinball League are saying tonight MAY be the last league night at PBW. If so I will be super sad, but will have to wait for an official statement.

#128 58 days ago

Was just there yesterday. Looks fine to me. I'm sure she's just month to month and trying to force the landlord to see it her way. I hope it stays open, it's so much fun every time I go.-

#129 58 days ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Was just there yesterday. Looks fine to me. I'm sure she's just month to month and trying to force the landlord to see it her way. I hope it stays open, it's so much fun every time I go.-

It is a jewel for pinball in New England, I hope it works out as well. I have to get up there to try Batman 66; maybe this weekend...

#130 58 days ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

It is not official but members of the New England Pinball League are saying tonight MAY be the last league night at PBW.

Technically correct, but I think this will overstate the situation for most people who are reading it here. It COULD be the last night, but nobody knows.

#131 58 days ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

It COULD be the last night, but nobody knows.

We're all day-to-day.

#132 56 days ago

Called them today. They're still open.

#133 56 days ago

Hedged my bets and went in to play a bunch of games last night as a potential "goodbye" should they not be open today. Though the Boston area is getting a few new places with 1-6 pins/each, there's nothing like walking into a room, choosing a specific SS era at random and having over a dozen of those games all in a line. BM66, multiple Stern LE's, multiple Stern Premiums, TAF, both JJP games, Full Throttle, both P2K games, and just about every good System 11 and WPC game you can think of, all in one place... I totally was in panic mode last night thinking about losing that place.

Thankfully I was told that the arcade would be open today (3/1) so at a minimum it sounds like we have a few more weeks.

1 week later
    #134 45 days ago

https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/5z1mva/pinball_wizard_in_pelham_nh_is_the_best_cade_ive/

According to this thread over at reddit, PWA is done at the end of April.

1 week later
    #135 37 days ago

Well it sounds pretty official that the Wizard is closing. I called and it sounds like they do in fact have a for sale list going.. Sad day for New England pinball.

#136 37 days ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Well it sounds pretty official that the Wizard is closing. I called and it sounds like they do in fact have a for sale list going.. Sad day for New England pinball.

Dam that's aweful. I was holding out hope that it would work out for them. Best of luck to PWA! Maybe they will find somewhere else to rent. What a loss

#137 36 days ago

Tell Sara to bring all the games to Pintastic!

#138 36 days ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Nothing lasts forever

On the bright side, Sarah has helped keep the scene in NE alive and by doing so it has started to flourish all over the area.
    Hopefully we will see PW return sometime in the future.

Quoted from dannunz:

Tell Sara to bring all the games to Pintastic!

This is an excellent idea

#139 36 days ago

I can only hope that this new arcade really does open in Plymouth MA. I've been talking to the guy opening it and it seems things are still in the works.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-arcade-opening-plymouth-ma

#140 36 days ago

A damn shame. One of the best arcades I've ever been to, and the one and only place I've played Atari's 4x4.

Me enjoying some Stun Runner at Pinball Wizard.

IMG_9663 (resized).JPG

#141 36 days ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Where is that list??

#142 36 days ago

Going down this weekend to say goodbye.

#143 36 days ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Where is that list??

Aaaaand the feeding frenzy begins.

#144 36 days ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Aaaaand the feeding frenzy begins.

I love Sarah, but anyone thinking there is going to be a feeding frenzy has never seen her game prices.

And anyway, I'll still hold out hope that some last minute deal happens and it stays open. If not it will be a huge loss for pinball.

#145 36 days ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I love Sarah, but anyone thinking there is going to be a feeding frenzy has never seen her game prices.
    And anyway, I'll still hold out hope that some last minute deal happens and it stays open. If not it will be a huge loss for pinball.

Yup, her game sale prices have been high in the past. Routed games selling for above pinside HUO prices. That said, I too love Pinball Wizard, hope they do figure something out and stay in business.

#146 36 days ago
    Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Yup, her game sale prices have been high in the past. Routed games selling for above pinside HUO prices. That said, I too love Pinball Wizard, hope they do figure something out and stay in business.

Agreed! Even if/when (who knows) they close, she will still have her side business of repair/ routing games. I highly doubt her retail prices will go down at all.

1 week later
    #147 24 days ago

According to a very reliable source the Pinball Wizard Arcade will be closing on May 31, 2017. A bouncy house business is scheduled to rent the space. The pinball games will go on on sale May 1. I think you can reserve any pins now with the owner. I got to head down there and play the BM66. It's and awesome pin.

#148 24 days ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

A bouncy house business is scheduled to rent the space.

An indoor trampoline joint is going to bring more people out to the middle of nowhere than a fantastic arcade??!?

#149 24 days ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

An indoor trampoline joint is going to bring more people out to the middle of nowhere than a fantastic arcade??!?

Honestly, it might. Those places absolutely PRINT money. I'd certainly prefer pinball, but I think we're in the minority.

Sucks to see Pin Woz go.

#150 24 days ago

Probably the best pinball arcade on earth.... 'tis a sad sad day

Being able to buy a machine I have in mind out of there may ease the pain though .....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbology
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 6.00
    $ 239.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 184 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.