Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PinFever
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

232502.jpg
    IMG_20140208_195439_892.jpg
    pinball-wizard-atticus-palmer-aims-for-national-gold_9740778_87.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

I occasionally game with both Jeff and Atticus and they are both on a different level. I expect to hear nothing but great news with the upcoming tourney

#3 9 years ago

Nice article, but what's up with them saying funhouse has goblins?

#4 9 years ago

The article says he'll be the youngest competitor. Is Escher Lefkoff not competing? I know Escher's in the PinGolf tourney at Lyons.

#5 9 years ago

Both of these guys are class acts. Great guys, know the games real well, and constant Top 10 players. Best of luck out there~!

#6 9 years ago

Jeff and Atticus are good people and great players. Best of luck to "Kid Corpse" at Colorado!

#7 9 years ago

On behalf of Atticus, thanks for the support, we've been getting lots of emails wishing him well.

Here is a version with different photos.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2014/05/atticus_palmer_15-year-old_pin.php

Jeff

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

The article says he'll be the youngest competitor. Is Escher Lefkoff not competing? I know Escher's in the PinGolf tourney at Lyons.

Looks like Escher didn't play in a state championship.
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?player_id=1605

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

I think he was referring to the age of the 32 competitors at the Nationals only.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Nice article, but what's up with them saying Funhouse has goblins?

LOL.

(FH is sitting next to CV in one of the banks, so maybe there is some of the mixup).

Nonetheless, I thought the article was well done.

#11 9 years ago

Is this why I can't get through to the SCS rankings?

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Nice article, but what's up with them saying Funhouse has goblins?

Probably just ignorant editors or writers mixing games up into one. still not sure where the Goblins came from,unless he mistook the Trolls from MM as them,lol

#13 9 years ago

Congrats to Atticus! It is great to see all the younger players who are charging up the ranks of the IFPA. I read the article and I do have a correction to make. Atticus will not be the youngest player(but very close). Tim Street is 14 yrs. old and will be representing Alabama at Lyons. He was the runner up to yours truly at the Alabama State Championship and I chose not to make the trip. Guess what? His dad's name is Jeff, too! You guys should hang out together at the Nationals!

IMG_20140208_195439_892.jpgIMG_20140208_195439_892.jpg
    #14 9 years ago

Congrats Guys! Just Great People, and Awesome Players!

#15 9 years ago

Good luck to Atticus. The Palmers are great people. Always good hanging with them at the shows.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Congrats to Atticus! It is great to see all the younger players who are charging up the ranks of the IFPA. I read the article and I do have a correction to make. Atticus will not be the youngest player(but very close). Tim Street is 14 yrs. old and will be representing Alabama at Lyons. He was the runner up to yours truly at the Alabama State Championship and I chose not to make the trip. Guess what? His dad's name is Jeff, too! You guys should hang out together at the Nationals!

IMG_20140208_195439_892.jpg 152 KB

In fairness, we did not know you were not attending, and that Tim Street would be the representative for your state. Based on what we knew about the individual state winners at the time we were asked about the ages of the contestants at the Nationals, I think it was correct to state Atticus is the youngest of the state champions.

In any case, it is awesome to have several teenagers in the mix and it will be nice to meet the Street family.

Sorry you could not attend, it would have been nice to meet you as well.

#18 9 years ago

Damn, the kid has a nice Centaur and Paragon to practice on, no wonder he's so damn good!

Best of luck!

232502.jpg232502.jpg

#19 9 years ago

Jeff, I hope to meet you guys at a tournament down the road. I hope the two "pinball kids" can take down some of the Big Dogs this weekend!

#20 9 years ago

Good Read and glad to live so close and able to play the great lineup you have on a regular with you two . Best of luck and as so many said already GREAT PEOPLE !! I try and learn from you at every FLIPS event and will continue to try and improve my own play

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-wizard-atticus-palmer-aims-for-national-gold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.