Trampoline (resized).JPG
IMG_1901 (resized).JPG
IMG_7727 (resized).JPG
9C23DD61-EADA-4F9F-9595-9B5350A7C848-16360-00000AFED783A65B (resized).jpeg
IMG_1747 (resized).JPG
IMG_1731 (resized).JPG
IMG_7550 (resized).JPG
IMG_5702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

Thanks Pinball Wizard staff and Sarah. I have brought my young ones there a few times now and hopefully one last time this weekend. Kids are 3 1/2 and 2 and wanted them to experience an old-school arcade feel. Thank you for that. I also took them to Dave & Busters once and that was enough for my son, he cried the whole time because it was so loud in there and had no pinballs. Won't be going there again.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Wanted to go since 2012 but never made it, darnit.
http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8803&p=75024&#p75024
Here's hoping Pinball Wizard Arcade will re-open in the future!
Great walkthru video:
» YouTube video

At the beginning of that video there's a Boston Red Sox pin next to the coin dispensing machine near the front desk. Looks like a re-themed EM maybe? Anyone know anything about that? The video is from 2011, before I ever went there.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

She has had a couple of sports retheme games there. One of them was a Flying Carpet EM. There is a local guy that does the rethemes.
And I'm thinking of trying to squeeze in a couple hours up there tomorrow. I don't have the time, but it's my last time there, so I'll figure it out. One last Suppa sub.

This comment reminds me of a line from The Departed. "Ma, I won't be home for suppa." One last one at the PWA tomorrow for me.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

In a way, too late. There's a giant list that has existed for months and some games have already moved. For instance South Park I think left last night after closing. A few others were already turned off yesterday and I think those were either sold or going to her collection.
If you know exactly what you want, you need to get on that list. Calling up saying you're looking for "a cheap solid state" will probably be met with silence on the other side. But there is a list, the list has been around for months, the list is long, and many games will be purchased this week I bet.

Sarah had a TZ that disappeared awhile ago, maybe 6 months ago, I played it on my first visit there last year. Whitewater disappeared a few months ago as well played it during a few visits to PWA. Maybe gone to make room for BM66 and STLE not sure but they were gone awhile ago. I hope she can retire on the proceeds, if that is in the cards. My son loved the candy machines at the back of the arcade, but the only thing he ate was half of my cup of PWA tokens.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Games there have been moving out longer than that. Her TOTAN left more than a year ago... I think her CV was gone last time I was there too. Probably couldn't resist the inflated prices.

Was there ever a MB there? Never seen one in the wild anywhere, so never played it. Was there ever a Shadow there? I started going there only last year. Saw The Shadow listed on their website but was never there when I was there.

2 weeks later
#121 6 years ago

Must have been on Friday as by Saturday all those machines were gone.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ok, on the commute home tonight. MKII and something else on 93 north, 2 exits past PinWiz. Plate was from VT. Dying to know what the other game was. Speak up if you're on Pinside

SlugFest?

#127 6 years ago

She had a lot of project pieces in the backroom, there were some upright shooters and a lot of sit down racers.

11 months later
#167 5 years ago

It looks like the trampoline park took over way more space then just the old Pinball Wizard floor space to the way left in the outside parking lot picture.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 85.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-wizard-arcade-closes-43017?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.