Trampoline (resized).JPG
IMG_1901 (resized).JPG
IMG_7727 (resized).JPG
9C23DD61-EADA-4F9F-9595-9B5350A7C848-16360-00000AFED783A65B (resized).jpeg
IMG_1747 (resized).JPG
IMG_1731 (resized).JPG
IMG_7550 (resized).JPG
IMG_5702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigchief99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago

To Sarah and everyone that works or worked at Pinball Wizard......thank you. I brought my family there in October 2011 for the first time. Got to give my sons a look into how the good old days were. Have been going there once or twice a year every year after from Long Island, New York. Was like going back in time to when I was younger, going to all the local arcades in the late 70's/early 80's. The variety of machines was amazing. Wish you well. Places like this don't exist, they are few and far between. Take care.....

#60 6 years ago

Months ago I told my wife and sons that Pinball Wizard might be closing. In February we were able to squeeze in a short trip to there and a couple of other places. Beginning of April we went to Funspot and Six Flags and could not hit Pinball Wizard. When my son called earlier this month and asked if and when they were closing, there was no indication that this was the last month. When I told him on Friday that this was the last weekend they were going to be open he was bummed out and asked if we could make the trek up there. Unfortunately this weekend was already packed with stuff that I could not get out of, so we could not go. I wish there was a little bit of a heads up on a closing date. Would have loved to pull off one last time with enough notice. I respect Sarah's decision and whatever reasons she kept the exact closing date very private and last minute, that is the way it felt to me. Would have given a lot of people a chance and time to come see an amazing place.
One of my son reminds me of being an old soul sometimes. Loves old technology (film cameras, VHS, etc...) My son talked about the place closing all weekend and trying to make sense of why places like this and other places (drive inns, bowling alleys, roller skating rinks, arcades, putt putt golf places, Lanes & Games, old amusement parks, ice skating rinks) disappear. It is sad to see places I use to go to here on Long Island disappear and places I use to visit on vacation disappear. I love finding old school Americana places when we travel and try to give my kids a glimpse into the past. I know things change and change is good sometimes but hate seeing fun places get replaced with condo's and more shopping centers.
Sorry for my rambling. My son and I talked about how long Sara's landlord will give her to get all her arcade and pinball machines out of there. That must be some huge storage place to move everything over to, plus physically demanding. Anyway, once again thanks for the memories and hopefully finding other hidden gems in America.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 85.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigchief99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-wizard-arcade-closes-43017?tu=bigchief99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.