Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180414_090653144 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180414_090430899 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180414_090718882 (resized).jpg
962BE4DA-A328-4466-A758-2782E42A65DC (resized).jpeg
1E872441-582F-4619-A4E4-56E1BE1F9060 (resized).jpeg
C68CA739-5DA4-474A-AFB5-CC4977531F71 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1740 (resized).JPG
IMG_3604 (resized).JPG
Trampoline (resized).JPG
IMG_1901 (resized).JPG
IMG_7727 (resized).JPG
9C23DD61-EADA-4F9F-9595-9B5350A7C848-16360-00000AFED783A65B (resized).jpeg
IMG_1747 (resized).JPG
IMG_1731 (resized).JPG
IMG_7550 (resized).JPG
IMG_5702 (resized).JPG

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 2 years ago

Just bought the track and field vid for a fellow pinsider. Left without anything else. Lots of people there though. Post what you bought below.

#102 2 years ago

This sucks. This is literally the brokest weekend of the year for me. Also can't get to the bank and get a truck on this kind of notice. Don't suppose anyone from Rhode Island or the south coast can grab me a classic Bally or the busted fish tales ? Sigh

#103 2 years ago

Just curious what are the prices like.

#104 2 years ago

Someone buy a bunch of stuff and sell it at pintastic.

#105 2 years ago

I hope this works out as okay as it can for everybody; some good deals and these get moved out of their current location.

I would love for an opportunity like this to be in my backyard, but definitely sad to see this story end this way.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

This sucks. This is literally the brokest weekend of the year for me. Also can't get to the bank and get a truck on this kind of notice. Don't suppose anyone from Rhode Island or the south coast can grab me a classic Bally or the busted fish tales ? Sigh

We should have rented a group truck for the day. And maybe robbed a bank...

#107 2 years ago

Would love to hear what prices were
Way to high when i asked about certain games

#108 2 years ago

That's the same story I have. We tried buying a pin but it's over priced. We are not looking to buy and flip a pin.

#109 2 years ago

Can someone post some prices so I can see if it's worth the drive? I'm guessing anything worthwhile was already cherry picked anyway.

#110 2 years ago

Prices seemed high. Of course there were groups of games that were "caution taped" off that were already sold.

#111 2 years ago

Pinball projects were priced fairly since they were non working. Proably 6 - 10 EM's in the project area all in the 150-400 range. Very allentown flea market like in the project area. No parts though just project games.

All the working pins in the arcade area were said to be working and thus priced a bit higher. No screaming deals there.

#112 2 years ago

There were a lot of games taped off and they were ones she was keeping. For me I was looking at a "Solar Ride" until she told me the price and what was wrong with it. Really what I had planned on doing was perusing the high prices but that didn't happen. A Bram Stoker's Dracula was still not sold for $2,800. Now over the many year's I have played this game to death. Like payed for the game with tokens. It plays hard but I get better and better at it, I have seen what it can look like with TLC, and I know when it comes time to sell I still have meat on the bone. So I end up buying it for $2,700 which I entirely didn't plan on doing today like not at all!

I need to put a color DMD into it (the current one has issues), the legs crushed into the cabinet and I need to smooth out the decal and put leg protectors over it, playfield is planking, backglass is great, some plastics are chipped or cracked, long left ramp is chipped in a certain area. It keeps on resetting and I have to figure out what is wrong with it. Overall it's in good shape and not like HUO sort of quality.

There was a lot of people who bought their first game today. In a weird twist it's Pin Wiz last major "gift" to the industry/community. When I first found the arcade I loved Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash she had there until I realized how easy it was. I thought the lower playfield was really cool. I didn't know this but Sarah still had it. This father and son bought it for like $1,400. Way too much and good luck ever selling it but they told me they love Warner Bros and Pinball. If they love it great and if they buy more table's then even better.

#113 2 years ago

Wow. Wish there was more of a heads up on this... Will there be a final sale for what didn't move this weekend?

#114 2 years ago

I bought her Wowie Zowie Gumball Machine. I need to make a little fix in the back where the belt slipped off and put some new locks on.

Kinda maxed out on pins in my collection right now but I wanted a momento from PWA.

#115 2 years ago

Congrats to everyone getting to purchase something I wanted to buy Bad Cats but the price was too high.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

There were a lot of games taped off and they were ones she was keeping. For me I was looking at a "Solar Ride" until she told me the price and what was wrong with it. Really what I had planned on doing was perusing the high prices but that didn't happen. A Bram Stoker's Dracula was still not sold for $2,800. Now over the many year's I have played this game to death. Like payed for the game with tokens. It plays hard but I get better and better at it, I have seen what it can look like with TLC, and I know when it comes time to sell I still have meat on the bone. So I end up buying it for $2,700 which I entirely didn't plan on doing today like not at all!
I need to put a color DMD into it (the current one has issues), the legs crushed into the cabinet and I need to smooth out the decal and put leg protectors over it, playfield is planking, backglass is great, some plastics are chipped or cracked, long left ramp is chipped in a certain area. It keeps on resetting and I have to figure out what is wrong with it. Overall it's in good shape and not like HUO sort of quality.
There was a lot of people who bought their first game today. In a weird twist it's Pin Wiz last major "gift" to the industry/community. When I first found the arcade I loved Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash she had there until I realized how easy it was. I thought the lower playfield was really cool. I didn't know this but Sarah still had it. This father and son bought it for like $1,400. Way too much and good luck ever selling it but they told me they love Warner Bros and Pinball. If they love it great and if they buy more table's then even better.

Many of the prices were not a last major ''gift'' to anyone. They are heavily routed machines, long before they were even hers. Good for her, that she was able to get what she wanted out of them.

You don't have a handle on demand or prices, so don't pretend to. $1400 is a super solid deal for Bugs Bunny, which is a rare system 11, and there will be zero luck needed when (if) they go to sell it at that price.

You on the other hand, paid a bit too much for Drac. After a color dmd, and fixing the reset issues, you will be into it for over 3k, and that's with a planking playfield (probably an LS pf) and cracked plastics/ramp, which is what a nice Drac goes for without any of those issues.

Just speaking the truth and correcting the ignorance, which is why you blocked me on facebook.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

I loved Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash she had there until I realized how easy it was. I thought the lower playfield was really cool. I didn't know this but Sarah still had it. This father and son bought it for like $1,400.

I honestly question this. Someone offered $2K for Bad Cats but couldn't get it under agreement as it was listed for $2800. BBBB was listed at $3900 IIRC. I could always be wrong (I usually am), but if Bad Cats couldn't drop $800, I doubt BBBB would drop $2500.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Someone buy a bunch of stuff and sell it at pintastic.

You should spend some of the money your making off the show and do this your self...since your requesting

#119 2 years ago

Almost pulled the trigger on Earthshaker for $2500.

#120 2 years ago

Lowell Sun has a photo gallery featuring some handsome rascal.

http://photos.lowellsun.com/2017/05/14/pinball-wizard-selling-off-machines/#37

IMG_7727 (resized).JPG

#121 2 years ago

Must have been on Friday as by Saturday all those machines were gone.

#122 2 years ago

Ok, on the commute home tonight. MKII and something else on 93 north, 2 exits past PinWiz. Plate was from VT. Dying to know what the other game was. Speak up if you're on Pinside

IMG_1901 (resized).JPG

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ok, on the commute home tonight. MKII and something else on 93 north, 2 exits past PinWiz. Plate was from VT. Dying to know what the other game was. Speak up if you're on Pinside

SlugFest?

#124 2 years ago

No. Four levelers on bottom of cabinet and obvious control panel bulge sticking up. Video game of some sort.

LTG : )

#125 2 years ago

I see a blue light gun in the pic. Upright shooter by the looks of it, not sure which one though

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I see a blue light gun in the pic.

Looks like it is hooked to the MK2 cabinet, maybe a conversion ?

The one laying down kind of looks like Tekken art work.

#127 2 years ago

She had a lot of project pieces in the backroom, there were some upright shooters and a lot of sit down racers.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

In case you missed it, here's another writeup:

... and there's the MKII... with light guns.

#131 2 years ago

anyone been there today? I might run out tomorrow AM, would like to get an idea of whats left

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

... and there's the MKII... with light guns.

Now it's a Police Force.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

anyone been there today? I might run out tomorrow AM, would like to get an idea of whats left

If it's still there, would you PM me her asking price for No Fear?

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

If it's still there, would you PM me her asking price for No Fear?

If I go out tomorrow I will for sure! I think I'll probably get there between 2-330pm

#135 2 years ago

Would have loved to have gotten my paws on that Stang LE.... so few Premiums/LEs out there.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Would have loved to have gotten my paws on that Stang LE.... so few Premiums/LEs out there.

Most of the newer pins were in the back roped off, I think Mustang was one of them, I don't think they were being sold.

#137 2 years ago

Most of the newer pins were in the back roped off, I think Mustang was one of them, I don't think they were being sold.

Did you get anything?

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Did you get anything?

No, 8+ hour round trip, didnt come home with anything. i wanted the Transporter the Rescue but $2800 and it had an out of order sign when I saw it 3 weeks ago, I wanted it but I thought it would have been insulting to offer 1000-1200 less than asking. They had a $1200 Gauntlet arcade with a bad monitor, but that seemed a little steep to me too, and I was afraid of that because I don't know monitors.

Some prices from memory:

No Fear, $3300, average shape
Hydro Thunders, $1k each
Earthshaker, $2500 - looked nice, one of the better deals
Rolling Thunder arcade $1200
Revolution X arcade $1600
Mortal Kombats, Primal Rage, SOLD
Wacko, SOLD
Crazy taxi sit down, had a crappy monitor when I saw it last, $1000-$1200
Deal or No Deal Redemption Machine: $3900
Flintstones pinball, $3900
Mousin Around - either 2500 or 3500, was really nice
Marble Madness, Donkey Kong, SOLD/GONE
Lots of arcade projects in the back, fairly cheap but not crazy cheap. but mostly low on the desirability index

No A-list pins were left

#139 2 years ago

She said she was keeping like 100 games, right? I think she has a large home collection. Probably includes most of the A titles and Sterns. Good for her!

#140 2 years ago

The hard part about this is that we will never see another place like this in our area. L&G was great for the newest Stern, and PW was great for everything else. I didn't get up there often enough, but when I had time it was always a great way to drop $20 in tokens. I'd play and play. Paragon would steal a bunch of tokens, I'd even play games I own because a different copy is always interesting. Then as I neared the end of the afternoon I'd plan my token drops so it was even. Was 6 tokens two games on Tron, or was it a game of EBD followed by WOZ? Decisions needed to be made! Was lunch Suppa's, or was it play half the tokens, and then off to Bertuccis at the mall up the road, followed by the rest of the tokens after.

PW just can't be replaced and it's a bummer it's gone. Sarah did an awesome job of providing us a place like that to play.

#141 2 years ago

There were ups, downs, and everything in between over the last 6 years at PWA.
I played Scorpion, USA Football(Alvin G), Bally Atlantis-TruckStop-Transporter, WOZ practically while still in prototype stage, MustangLE (only one around here I know of), and several others I never would have come across if not for PWA.

Yes, the place will be missed.
I tried games before buying my own copies on many occasions...saving me from myself on some...and realizing some were far better than I thought on quite a few more.

Only place left in existence that reminded me of a true, old school arcade.
Thanks for the memories...PWA is gone but will never be forgotten.

3 months later
#142 1 year ago

I am surprised it closed. Sarah knew how to pinch every nickel out of a persons pocket for repair work.

#143 1 year ago

Has anyone been over there lately? Wondering what the bouncy house place is like

2 weeks later
#144 1 year ago

Has anyone been over there lately? Wondering what the bouncy house place is like

No idea. The location is somewhat out of the way and the only reason ever to go to that area was PWA.

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

No idea. The location is somewhat out of the way and the only reason ever to go to that area was PWA.

Last I heard the new bouncy place wasn't open and the PWA sign hadn't been painted over yet either. Sounds like they're not burning any midnight oil to get the new place open.

Also, who thought Pelham, NH (of all places) needed an indoor trampoline park? These places are more common now than frozen yogurt places named after fruits and colors!

Trampoline (resized).JPG

#146 1 year ago

My daughter fractured her neck at Skyzone 2 weeks ago. She is fine except for some numbness in her hand and the hard collar she has to wear for a few months. She is very lucky. Trampolines are very dangerous.

#147 1 year ago

Can you imagine how much money the owner of the building is losing if it's sitting unoccupied? Maybe he should have stuck with a reliable tenant with an established business.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Can you imagine how much money the owner of the building is losing if it's sitting unoccupied? Maybe he should have stuck with a reliable tenant with an established business.

I've seen this time and time again. Raise rent until an established tenant leaves. And then stands empty.

They don't seem to care. Higher rent or nothing.

#149 1 year ago

No shit. My faithful dry cleaner got "moved out" because of higher rent at least 2 years ago now. Spot sits empty, except for pop up fireworks sales for a week once a year. So lame.

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I agree. Raising the rent was a stupid move. Penny wise and pound foolish. People can't look into the future more than a day or two. Incredibly short sighted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Hagerstown, MD
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside