Trampoline (resized).JPG
IMG_1901 (resized).JPG
IMG_7727 (resized).JPG
9C23DD61-EADA-4F9F-9595-9B5350A7C848-16360-00000AFED783A65B (resized).jpeg
IMG_1747 (resized).JPG
IMG_1731 (resized).JPG
IMG_7550 (resized).JPG
IMG_5702 (resized).JPG
There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

The staff at the Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our loyal customers for their patronage over the last 6+ years. Unfortunately the time has come; The Pinball Wizard Arcade will be closing their doors on Sunday April 30, 2017 at 8pm.

We’ve enjoyed bringing classic arcade gaming entertainment to all of our customers through birthday parties, pinball league nights, tournaments, date nights, and family visits.

To the customers who have saved their tickets and tokens, this will be the last weekend to play your favorite classic arcade games and pinball machines at the Pinball Wizard Arcade.

Thank you,
Sarah
Owner, Pinball Wizard Arcade

#2 6 years ago

Very Sad to hear

#3 6 years ago

NOOOO!!!!!

I thought it was May30th! I need to find a way down there ASAP!!!

I have only been there a few times but it is quite an amazing place.

#4 6 years ago

Sorry to hear it is closing Sarah. You ran a great place.

#5 6 years ago

Suuuuuuuuuuucks

Best of luck Sarah. Thank you for what you did for pinball.

IMG_7510 (resized).JPGIMG_7510 (resized).JPG
IMG_7512 (resized).JPGIMG_7512 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago

Thanks Sarah. Your place was awesome, the staff was always friendly, and selection of games was ridiculous. Best of luck!

#7 6 years ago

Walking through the doors for the first time reminded me of walking into Fenway my first time 40 years ago and seeing all that green grass. Very few chances to ever get that opportunity in life and now one of them is gone.

Thanks for keeping it going so strong for as long as you did.

#8 6 years ago

Thank you for the replies

#9 6 years ago

Pinball Wizard Arcade is what brought me into this great hobby.

For years, I was used to playing the broken, run down pins at Funspot. It wasn't until I stopped at Pinball Wizard on a whim that I realized how much fun pinball could be. Playing clean, fully working games of every era made me appreciate the breadth and beauty of pinball. Now, I own two games of my own and I'm looking forward to my third.

New England has suffered a HUGE loss for public on-location pinball. For now, I'll hang onto the hopes that someday, an arcade as awesome as Pinball Wizard rises again. Thanks for the memories, Sarah!

-Doug

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Walking through the doors for the first time reminded me of walking into Fenway my first time 40 years ago and seeing all that green grass. Very few chances to ever get that opportunity in life and now one of them is gone.
Thanks for keeping it going so strong for as long as you did.

Second that. I'll never forget that same feeling after seeing that giant purple sign every time I took my son to Chunky's next door. One day I finally decided to say heck with it and go by myself to check it out and see if it was anything like my old birthday party joint when my friends and I were growing up - Dream Machine in the Methuen Mall. I'm so glad I didn't bring my 4yr old that day because I got to be a kid again all by myself. The place was at least 4x the size of Dream Machine, with the wildest collection of pins ever. To think right now there are both JJP games, loads of Premium/LE Sterns, tons of early B/W, both P2Ks, and enough System 11 & WPC games to make your head spin all in one place.

I live 20 min from PWA and it's been a weekly staple for the past 4 years. When I first took my son, he was only tall enough to play SMB Mushroom World. Four years later, he's now keeping up with my scores on some of the better games, has very decent flipper technique, and understands some of the games' rules. This has been a wonderful place for the two of us and I'm SOOOOO sad that he's away this weekend and won't be around to spend the last of his tokens that he got for X-mas.

Thanks Sarah, for giving my son and I an awesome place to have fun for the past 4 years... awww F*** it. I'm leaving work now to go play.

PWA1 (resized).jpgPWA1 (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

Thank you so much for Pinball Wizard and everything you've done for the hobby.
Best of luck to you.

#12 6 years ago

This is a huge loss to the pinball communitY. I was always hoping this would work out in the end.

#13 6 years ago

Pinball Wizard was the absolute best arcade I have visited over the years. Thanks for having such a great venue for so long.

#14 6 years ago

To Sarah and everyone that works or worked at Pinball Wizard......thank you. I brought my family there in October 2011 for the first time. Got to give my sons a look into how the good old days were. Have been going there once or twice a year every year after from Long Island, New York. Was like going back in time to when I was younger, going to all the local arcades in the late 70's/early 80's. The variety of machines was amazing. Wish you well. Places like this don't exist, they are few and far between. Take care.....

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballWizardArc:

The staff at the Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our loyal customers for their patronage over the last 6+ years. Unfortunately the time has come; The Pinball Wizard Arcade will be closing their doors on Sunday April 30, 2017 at 8pm.
We’ve enjoyed bringing classic arcade gaming entertainment to all of our customers through birthday parties, pinball league nights, tournaments, date nights, and family visits.
To the customers who have saved their tickets and tokens, this will be the last weekend to play your favorite classic arcade games and pinball machines at the Pinball Wizard Arcade.
Thank you,
Sarah

Sorry to hear.. gonna come out Sunday hopefully . If not I hope you will have me and jess over..

#16 6 years ago

What a shame - this place was legendary! I'm sad we don't live close enough to pay our respects. What is happening with the inventory?

#17 6 years ago

Sad to hear. Losing a great place really hurts.

Best wishes to the owner and staff on their futures.

LTG

#18 6 years ago

Thanks Pinball Wizard staff and Sarah. I have brought my young ones there a few times now and hopefully one last time this weekend. Kids are 3 1/2 and 2 and wanted them to experience an old-school arcade feel. Thank you for that. I also took them to Dave & Busters once and that was enough for my son, he cried the whole time because it was so loud in there and had no pinballs. Won't be going there again.

#19 6 years ago

I'm sad to here this Sarah. I would like to offer you a pinball wizard arcade area in the free play room at pintastic this July. Thoughts?

#20 6 years ago

Definitely gonna miss this place ..

FB_IMG_1493409809425 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1493409809425 (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago

Made a point to come and visit a couple years ago when I was in MA for a weekend. Brought some friends that weren't pinball players and they had a great time too. Awesome place. Best of luck Sarah in whatever life brings your way.

#22 6 years ago

Thank you,
Sarah

Sad to hear the news, any arcade closing is sad, especially when it is an obviously well ran one. Here's hoping your future adventures are bright!

#23 6 years ago

Dang! I never got the chance to make it.
I salute your efforts of this endeavor for sure.

#24 6 years ago

Best wishes for your Future!

Your Arcade was so outstanding, it was often brought up in conversations from Florida to CA!

Lots of fans who never got there, but knew of the Quality you brought to all!

Art

#25 6 years ago

Never got there. When I got back into the hobby years ago and was looking for some place to play, a google search brought them up. Looked amaze-balls. It would be something like a 6 hour drive from NYC and I never did it, and I regret that. I always wanted to go and always thought there'd be something that would get me up that way so that I could check it out. Over time I bought my own games, met fellow hobbyists that owned games, and various locations cropped up to play, so the trip became less of a priority. I blew it!

Sad day for Pinball.

#26 6 years ago

Aww I upvoted you but that doesn't mean I like it.

#27 6 years ago

I still remember how I found Pin Wiz and really the whole retro arcade scene. I was at a really terrible welding job in '12 however I couldn't quit because I had been laid off for like a year. The radio kept playing an ad for the "Pinball Wizard Arcade" all damn week just taunting me to go but I couldn't because I was so tired after work so I decided to go on that Saturday. I took my mom and dad along and the last time the whole family actually went to an arcade together was back in the 90's. It wasn't for a concert or anything it was actual real family fun arcade time and that hadn't happened since I was like 5 or whatever.

I just remember thinking this was a hole in the wall crappy place because of the giant "for lease" sign outside and this tiny door. Maybe a few arcade machine's who knows right? Well through the door opens into this GIGANTIC swath of just arcade everything-ness. Everybody mouth was just agape. I mean a few games and ticket redemption games is all we were expecting not like everything under the sun. I remember being amazed that they didn't have bells and chimes anymore, the Fonz wasn't there, how much it was to play (it went up a bit since the 90's), the toys in the games, and there were themes in the games. I decided to play "Family Guy" and I just remember laughing which I really needed when I got into "Fart Multiball". Getting free games I was shocked at.

Then I remember meeting Greg Bond (who I didn't know at the time) and just being mesmerized by how good he was. A real "pinball wizard" which I was shocked they exist like some sort of Jedi and there is skill in pinball. That upped my game for sure learning there was more to pinball.

Then I remember Sarah for actually pushing me into competitive pinball. I was getting replays and some hi-scores but to play in a pinball league? I mean you had to be like PAPA A division to be in a league I thought. If you weren't, you were just going to waste money and look like a rookie. Well Sarah said "try it because you're pretty good I think". The rest really is history as I'm ranked under 1k now.

Really there are so many more memories but.....yeah....I don't have the words that can do it justice. Thank you. Thank you so very much. For everything.

-Derek

#28 6 years ago

headin' there RIGHT NOW

Knew for a little while the possibility of this location closing and was holding out hope the day would never come. so again will enjoy it for a couple more visits.

Honored to meet many great people there and Sarah is in the top of the list.

#29 6 years ago

Just visited for the last time tonight. So sad to see it go!

IMG_5701 (resized).JPGIMG_5701 (resized).JPG

IMG_5702 (resized).JPGIMG_5702 (resized).JPG

#30 6 years ago

Wanted to go since 2011 but never made it, darnit.

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2669

Here's hoping Pinball Wizard Arcade will re-open in the future!

Great walkthru video:

#31 6 years ago

got halfway there & car started to crap-out think a tranny problem. by hook or by crook I'll make it there before weekend is out.

#32 6 years ago

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Wanted to go since 2012 but never made it, darnit.
http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8803&p=75024&#p75024
Here's hoping Pinball Wizard Arcade will re-open in the future!
Great walkthru video:
» YouTube video

At the beginning of that video there's a Boston Red Sox pin next to the coin dispensing machine near the front desk. Looks like a re-themed EM maybe? Anyone know anything about that? The video is from 2011, before I ever went there.

#34 6 years ago

Thank you, Sarah!

#35 6 years ago

Your landlord is a complete idiot. This is a big blow for pinball in New England and the Wizard will be sorely missed. Thanks for sharing your games with us these past six years.

#36 6 years ago

Thank you,
Sarah

So sad to see you go!

I made the 4hr drive out today because I was worried it would close before I got there again. I can't believe I was so close to missing it one last time. I love that place and have driven out many many times. It was my go to location even though it was a 400 mile round trip every time. I had an awesome time with my brother today, who I brought there for the first time. We had such a blast. It is seriously the best arcade I have ever been to and am so sad I can't ever go back.

You seriously did it better than anyone else.

We had such fun with marble madness and smash tv today. If you guys are selling anything, there are at least a few games I'd want, especially because of the sentimental value.

#37 6 years ago

I was able to visit twice when I was on a business trip a few years ago and it was awsome!
This place will always be remembered by me. It was an awsome place to play.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Just visited for the last time tonight. So sad to see it go!

Hey the guy in blue is Mappy champion Greg Bond, seen in King of Kong

#39 6 years ago

Not trying to rub salt in the wound but was the business profitable? I'm assuming yes since you were open for 6 years and pinball has only increased in popularity in the last 6 years. Or are you having to close for other reasons? I find myself getting more pissed working for corporate America and have been dreaming of owning my own business... just curious if you could shed a little light on what happened.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

At the beginning of that video there's a Boston Red Sox pin next to the coin dispensing machine near the front desk. Looks like a re-themed EM maybe? Anyone know anything about that? The video is from 2011, before I ever went there.

yeah no EM tables since I started to visit ....

interesting table though , found this: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5534

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

She has had a couple of sports retheme games there. One of them was a Flying Carpet EM. There is a local guy that does the rethemes.

And I'm thinking of trying to squeeze in a couple hours up there tomorrow. I don't have the time, but it's my last time there, so I'll figure it out. One last Suppa sub.

#42 6 years ago

I really thought someday my son would have his birthday here. I'm sad beyond words.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I really thought someday my son would have his birthday here. I'm sad beyond words.

Winner for the feels

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

She has had a couple of sports retheme games there. One of them was a Flying Carpet EM. There is a local guy that does the rethemes.
And I'm thinking of trying to squeeze in a couple hours up there tomorrow. I don't have the time, but it's my last time there, so I'll figure it out. One last Suppa sub.

This comment reminds me of a line from The Departed. "Ma, I won't be home for suppa." One last one at the PWA tomorrow for me.

#45 6 years ago

That's a damn shame !!

Too far for me to swing by but anytime "fun" places shut down
It's a loss for all of us.

You will be missed !

#47 6 years ago

I drove down from Canada couple of times to visit! It was an amazing place, I still have some tokens. I drove down because there was no where to play this much Pinball in public here in toronto. It was worth the drive! sorry to see it go.. this place reignited my passion for pinball.

#48 6 years ago

Sarah, my sincerest thanks for the last few years. My kids love my collection, but taking them to your place brought their interest to a whole new level. Somehow our trips to your place became a part of their childhood and they're going to miss it terribly. Especially my son. Thank you for being inspired enough to open and run the place and deal with all of the hassles. Hopefully knowing how appreciated it was makes it feel worthwhile. Best of luck.

#49 6 years ago

Feel lucky to have made it there twice (and play the hell out of Full Throttle). Brilliant arcade, shame to see it go.

#50 6 years ago

the em red sox game was one of the first done by game room pinball - he is on pinside - if you need his info just contact me - or do a google search for custom boston celtic pinball machine and you will see all the games he has done. thanks ed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-wizard-arcade-closes-43017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.