By C2CPinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Pinball With The Pros Episode 1

Nate Shivers is joined by Keith Elwin on the inaugural episode of Pinball With The Pros to play AC/DC Premium Edition.

Special thanks:
Steve Massa - Location and game
Josh Sharpe - Rules and creative adviser
Bowen Kerins - Rules adviser (amazing rules sheet)

Pinball With The Pros is a web series where Nate Shivers of Coast 2 Coast Pinball and some of the best pinball players in the world get together for a unique one on one playing experience.

Special Thanks to the series sponsor Stern Pinball.

#2 8 years ago

Why'd you have to post this right as I am heading to bed? You know the kids are going to be up early tomorrow morning and desperate to open presents, right?

But seriously, this looks really awesome and I will have to try and find to watch it tomorrow! Merry Christmas!

#3 8 years ago

Just a few minutes in and I've already learned there's no reason to backhand ramps if you never miss your shots. Thanks Keith.

#4 8 years ago

Awesome. Strong beard game.

#5 8 years ago

Can't wait to watch. Great production quality and finally I'll learn how to play ACDC. A game that's stumped me for years.

#6 8 years ago

great new video series!

Really enjoying this nate! I think that at the end of the season you should capstone the series by returning to play Kieth again on ACDC to show what you have learned.

#7 8 years ago

THIS RULES!!!

Nate, will these be released monthly, or is there no set schedule? And how many episodes are in a season?

#8 8 years ago

First season will be 10 episodes, with 5 or 6 different players. Scheduling and travel will determine some of the variables here.

Since Stern was gracious enough to join as the sponsor of the show, we will be exclusively playing Stern games for Season one.

There are 4 more episodes already filmed. Depending on editing time, they should come out monthly, maybe a little faster than that.

Every show is going to have a different vibe and flow. The different players and locations will drastically change the feel of each episode, which is pretty fun.

We aren't going for full on "tutorial", but rather a teaching lesson vibe, that may or may not go through the majority of the modes/shots in the featured game. I do love the idea of featuring the same game with different players, but there won't be any repeat games in season one.

It's a lot of fun, and I can't thank the "pros" of the show enough for being so cool about slumming it with me for a little while on camera.

Hint for the next episode: It's Mustang.

#9 8 years ago

Awesome

#10 8 years ago

I am far from a pro, but when you get to season #2 and want to do some old gottliebs or things in my wheel house, let me know.

granted that means you will have to open it from top 50 to something like top 300, lol.

Loved the vibe of #1 Nate. Really fun and great way to spend my xmas morning while getting some work done.

#11 8 years ago

Pinball videos are worth their weight in gold if done properly.
This one is amazing. Keep up the good work!

#12 8 years ago

Nicely done. Keep it up Nate.

#13 8 years ago

Great job Nate!!! Request for GOT in the first half of 2016

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

+1

#15 8 years ago

Very well done...

#16 8 years ago

Just started watching, will finish, but this looks great, really nice job.

One suggestion: For games with an action button (VIP, Walker Bombs, etc) it might be helpful if the flipper camera was maybe adjusted so you could see the button. Maybe that would look crappy, dunno, but be nice to see that something is going on there.

#17 8 years ago

Amazing work Nate - nicely done! This makes me want an ACDC even more than I already did.

The helper text on the left side is really well done...solidifies the teachings, defines potentially obscure vocabulary and references, and adds a bit of humor.

Can't wait for the next one!

#18 8 years ago

Maybe after people watch this they'll finally believe me when I say Back in Black is a great mode.

Great video, really enjoyed it. Lots of fun to watch some in depth play on ACDC, and also to get up close with some commentated play from Keith Elwin.

#19 8 years ago

Great video, that Keith guy seems pretty knowledgeable =), seriously thank you for your time and putting this together. Keith and Nate, you rock! As someone else suggested, it would be great to see how Theressa does when using the proper strategy. Merry Christmas and happy new year!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Hopefully the code will have come to form by then. Would be a shame to have the video come out then have a code update change the game.

Bowen's Star Trek tutorial has suffered from that issue, it was a terrific tutorial when it came out but now it's of little use.

#21 8 years ago

bump cause this rocks and is worth the time to watch!

#22 8 years ago

Good stuff! Thanks to all for the effort to do this!

#23 8 years ago

Very well produced. I appreciate all the title graphics hitting the points of what is being said.

#24 8 years ago

Really enjoyed this. nicely done and very comprehensive. I need to get my hands on a cheat sheet with those tour song chronology to understand how this works.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Really enjoyed this. nicely done and very comprehensive. I need to get my hands on a cheat sheet with those tour song chronology to understand how this works.

This is the best document out there for the rules:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/146WOU5a2EV0I9E-wAZNmeFSvkuExckwSdMwKKjEH65w/

#26 8 years ago

Thanks Aurich. I will have to check it out. I have owned my premium NIB for a few years, but still have not scratched the surface as far as rules go.

#27 8 years ago

Awesome episode, I enjoyed this a lot and am looking forward to the rest of the season

My only gripe with it is that the audio is slightly out of sync.

#28 8 years ago

Request.

X-Men.

Keep rockin' the awesome on out!

Thank you.

#29 8 years ago

I enjoyed the episode and typed many comments while watching. Hope you don't mind.

One thing I would like to see is maybe two high level pros playing and hearing their strategy. That's something I've never seen. It would be cool to see Elwin and Bowen playing each other and reminiscing about comps past and talking strategy. The easiest duo to get would be the Sharpe brothers. Nate could take on a moderating role where we wouldn't see him but the players could have ear pieces and Nate could ask questions to keep the conversation flowing. Just an idea.

It would definitely be nice to see some non-DMDs next season. Maybe there will some this season. You did say only Sterns.

7 years later
#30 8 months ago

Maybe this is old news but did anyone notice that these videos were pulled from YouTube? I'm bummed.

#31 8 months ago

"Rise from your grave."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-with-the-pros-episode-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.