(Topic ID: 88752)

pinball with the most coils made after 1980?

By bigd1979

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Kneissl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Been playing my rs alot and working on it and just been thinking about which machine uses the most coils? I know the rs has a ton even know some are small that are in the 2 heads but I believe there is close to 30 .so jus wondering what other machines have?

#2 7 years ago

Pick any four player em.

#3 7 years ago

I was going to guess TZ or Shadow. RS does have a ton forgot about the heads.

I will guess a bingo machine...

#4 7 years ago

How about we go with machines after 1980? Im guessing woz has a bunch also but im sure rs is up there at the top because of the heads and it has 3 motors. I was reading somewhere that if rs or something like it was made by stern in todays market it would cost around 15k ? I really find that hard to believe when you can get a machine like woz for 6500 ?

#5 7 years ago

Just edited the title to only include machines made after 1980

#6 7 years ago

SC?

#7 7 years ago

I thought I heard that WOZ had the most coils?

#8 7 years ago

STTNG has 3 vuks, 2 cannons, a kicker in the borg ship, a kickback, and gun plunger, 3 flippers, and at least 3 ramp diverters.

#9 7 years ago

I would say Haunted House or Black Hole

#10 7 years ago

oh yeah - there's a coil for each drop target, right?

#11 7 years ago

Elektra

#12 7 years ago

NBA Fastbreak gets my vote. there's a TON of them under there.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

NBA Fastbreak gets my vote. there's a TON of them under there.

True...the two middle shoot saucers need three coils EACH to pass left and right and shoot up. It's a coil forest down there.

But how about something like Laser Cue, which has dedicated coils for each drop target?

#14 7 years ago

LAH has a lot (do magnets count?). Not sure how it compares to NBAFB or SC.

#15 7 years ago

I count 23 on a Bally Vector.

#16 7 years ago

Defender 1982 must have a lot ! The playfield has so much under there , it's so heavy you can hardly pick it up !

#17 7 years ago

Is anyone have any real counts or just assuming or guessing ?I counted 27 on my rs I figured this topic has been done before but couldn't find anything?

#18 7 years ago

Williams Defender 1982, 369 made, 3 flippers, 2 pops, 2 5 bank drop target banks with stand-ups behind them, and 5 individual drops...IIRC when I had mine apart restoring it, I think I counted 37 coils. It is the only game that I have ever had rip out of my rotisserie...I had it turned upside down rebuilding stuff on the underside and CRASH!! the PF dropped...Luckily I had all the plastics, and bumper caps and most everything else already removed...crushed the pop skirts (but I was replacing them anyway). The PF was soo heavy that it ripped the screws that I had holding it to the rotisserie out of the PF...It is 1 heavy PF!!

Phoebe

#19 7 years ago

I counted 35 from my WOZ manual, but that includes things like the knocker too.

#20 7 years ago

Yea I was counting the knocker also

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Williams Defender 1982, 369 made, 3 flippers, 2 pops, 2 5 bank drop target banks with stand-ups behind them, and 5 individual drops...IIRC when I had mine apart restoring it, I think I counted 37 coils. It is the only game that I have ever had rip out of my rotisserie...I had it turned upside down rebuilding stuff on the underside and CRASH!! the PF dropped...Luckily I had all the plastics, and bumper caps and most everything else already removed...crushed the pop skirts (but I was replacing them anyway). The PF was soo heavy that it ripped the screws that I had holding it to the rotisserie out of the PF...It is 1 heavy PF!!
Phoebe

Wow thats insane

#23 7 years ago

Rocky has 34, confirmed.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#24 7 years ago

I come from the future to inform you that the answer to this question will soon be: The Hobbit.

(Okay, I'm assuming, but if WOZ has 35 and TH will fill up that driver board...)

1 year later
#25 6 years ago

Resurrecting this dead thread. I'm shopping a BSD and it has 20 coils. That seems like a lot to me (my other game have 12-14). What is the average?

#27 6 years ago

I forgot about this thread lol I must ssy ive been threw quite a many dmd pins since I started this thread and roadshow still has the most ive seen

3 years later
#28 2 years ago

27 in Panthera.

#29 2 years ago

my vote is nbafb as well as others say the saucers add a ton of coils. Plus it's got 2 Maybe 3? diverters and the freeball kickout.

did any one create who has the most lamps thread? or is that going to far?

#30 2 years ago

After all these years I'm gonna go with hobbit... it has a crazy amount.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

After all these years I'm gonna go with hobbit... it has a crazy amount.

I just looked at the coil table in my Hobbit manual. I counted 47 individual coils.

1 year later
#32 11 months ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

I just looked at the coil table in my Hobbit manual. I counted 47 individual coils.

is there anything even close to Hobbit? it's crazy how many coils are in this game!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside