(Topic ID: 4375)

Pinball Videogames - The best ever?

By TigerSaw

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SFII.JPG
    vewlix.jpg
    360XFighter.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.JPG
    MM.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    devilscrush.jpg
    Devil_s_Crush_-_Naxat_Pinball-3-full.png
    dc1.png
    046.JPG
    045.JPG
    028.JPG
    027.JPG
    014.JPG
    001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigersaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Nothing beats a real pin. The feel of the machine, the fact that the physics are always perfect and you can't blame a loss on the game, the memories .... but if you have to play a pinball video game, what is your favorite?

What system is it for, title, and why

ill go first, I havent played many, but I am really partial to the one that comes with windows. so

PC - Windows XP Pinball

haha lame I know.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from jespo_19:

ooo zen and marvel pinball are pretty cool i have both of those, although i hear word the williams collection for ps2 is good as well.

what systems? .... Marvel Pinball sounds cool.... but ill never know unless i know what system!! = )

#14 12 years ago

Wow, decent replies so far. I have Pure Pinball for Xbox, I am going to buy Williams Collection tomorrow, and I DL'd an emulator of "Zombie Pinball" a "House of the Dead" pinball knockoff.

So far the best thing I have is Pure Pinball..... until i get williams by the sound of it. Thanks for the replies, I hope to try these.

Any rare titles out there, for older consoles even?

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

None that won't disappoint you extremely!
    Wait, I take that back...
    Devil's Crush for TG16. Now that was a fun game!

haha, thanks. I was hoping to use these to satiate my desire for pinball while i decide/hunt for my first machine. I am not sure if i should save up and go for ToM, or go with JD freddy or T2 because i can afford them now .... hhmmm ? =/

#29 12 years ago

The Williams Collection is AMAZING! thank you so much guys, you were so right. My girlfriend, her nehew, and I played it for like 2 hours today. As it turns out my girlfriend and a 10 year old are both better at it than i am! haha

still so much fun I dont even care. The only bad thing about it is it makes me want to own Medieval Madness! and that pin is $$$

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

NOTHING beats a Visual Pinball setup inside a REAL PINBALL CABINET - PERIOD!

Im glad it works for you! This is just from where I am sitting though ... I think that looks really lame. The angle doesnt look right, and if you're going to play video-game pinball, why bother with a cabinet? I've never once ever thought to myself "Know what would make Call of Duty better? STANDING!" .... same goes for this. This table is in the williams collection, I can sit comfortably on my couch and play till my hearts content, change camera angles, and it cost me next to nothing.

Not trying to insult you or anything, I just want to know what you think makes that set-up more enjoyable/make sense ?

If I am going to drop 1000-9000 dollars on a table, i'd want it to be real ...

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Give it some time TigerSaw and I bet you'll change your mind. Pinball is very much about the physical interaction, and that involves standing up to the machine, flicking the buttons, nudging the table. This is just not possible on any video game except for a cabinet with Visual Pinball. The machines even have tilt sensors which replicate the real thing.

Thats what I mean, is I want it to be real. You have a stand-up video game essentially. Sure it's CLOSER to the real thing, but it isnt the real thing. If you're gonna play a video game, which is what yours is, then sit down, but your feet up, play. If you are going to stand at a cabinet, and nudge a table, I want it to be real.

It seems like you're stopping 5 steps from the finish line with a video pinball machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigersaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-videogames-the-best-ever?tu=tigersaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.