8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by HighProtein
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SFII.JPG
    vewlix.jpg
    360XFighter.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.JPG
    MM.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    devilscrush.jpg
    Devil_s_Crush_-_Naxat_Pinball-3-full.png
    dc1.png
    046.JPG
    045.JPG
    028.JPG
    027.JPG
    014.JPG
    001.JPG

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Nothing beats a real pin. The feel of the machine, the fact that the physics are always perfect and you can't blame a loss on the game, the memories .... but if you have to play a pinball video game, what is your favorite?

What system is it for, title, and why

ill go first, I havent played many, but I am really partial to the one that comes with windows. so

PC - Windows XP Pinball

haha lame I know.

#2 8 years ago

ooo zen and marvel pinball are pretty cool i have both of those, although i hear word the williams collection for ps2 is good as well.

#3 8 years ago

williams pinball classics for nintendo wii. not real pinball,however when i need a fix of classic williams pins i dont currently own i can feed the monkey with the wii. and i can sit in my comfy chair while doing it.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from jespo_19:

ooo zen and marvel pinball are pretty cool i have both of those, although i hear word the williams collection for ps2 is good as well.

what systems? .... Marvel Pinball sounds cool.... but ill never know unless i know what system!! = )

#5 8 years ago

ohhh.............

#6 8 years ago

I LOVE Future Pinball.

One...it was a free download. And it runs on Windows 7 64bit OS.

Two...I have got tables for ST, T2, Flash, Fathom, Gorgar, and so many other tables that I've never played before, and now I can. It's pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

I tried getting Visual Pinball to work, but there were other components I had to download and it ended up being more problems than it was worth to continue, so I deleted the whole thing and went with Future Pinball.

If someone knows which components exactly I can download, and will work with Windows 7 post it and let me know. thanks!

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerSaw:

what systems? .... Marvel Pinball sounds cool.... but ill never know unless i know what system!! = )

Zen Pinball is the main game and then you buy the Marvel tables to play with it. I've got it for PS3, but I think it is also available for Xbox360. It is a downloadable game.

#8 8 years ago

Williams Pinball on PS3

#9 8 years ago

Williams Pinball Hall of Fame edition on the PS3 or Xbox 360 is my favorite console game. I think it's probably the best reproduction of good tables out there (plus you get TOTAN and MM in the PS3/360 versions). Zen/Marvel/FX (they're all the same thing except for tables) are pretty good to but not so hot on the physics.

Still, Atari Video Pinball has the #1 spot in my heart. Hopefully I'll be able to find one of these in my area someday (along with a Baby Pac).

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from JWS64:

I tried getting Visual Pinball to work, but there were other components I had to download and it ended up being more problems than it was worth to continue, so I deleted the whole thing and went with Future Pinball.

If someone knows which components exactly I can download, and will work with Windows 7 post it and let me know. thanks!

I'm running Visual Pinball on a Windows 7 64bit system. It was kind of a pain in the ass to set up, but I followed these directions carefully:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?automodule=downloads&req=idx&cmd=viewdetail&f_id=2990

#11 8 years ago

How about pinball in a video arcade cabinet? I played all three of these today at California Extreme.

001.JPG 014.JPG 027.JPG 028.JPG

#12 8 years ago

and this one

045.JPG 046.JPG

#13 8 years ago

I played those too Hyperion.
    Nothing beats a real pin.
    Although the TRON pinball was pretty cool.
    That UltraPin virtual table was garbage...
    The Williams Collection for PS3 and XB360 is the best around.
    I hope they make more...

#14 8 years ago

Wow, decent replies so far. I have Pure Pinball for Xbox, I am going to buy Williams Collection tomorrow, and I DL'd an emulator of "Zombie Pinball" a "House of the Dead" pinball knockoff.

So far the best thing I have is Pure Pinball..... until i get williams by the sound of it. Thanks for the replies, I hope to try these.

Any rare titles out there, for older consoles even?

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Raikus:

you get TOTAN and MM in the PS3/360 versions

Also NGG. Great package for $20. I even bought the Gottlieb collection just to encourage the dev company to keep it going. Would love a Bally or Williams 2 collection!!

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerSaw:

Any rare titles out there, for older consoles even?

None that won't disappoint you extremely!
    Wait, I take that back...
    Devil's Crush for TG16. Now that was a fun game!

images-1.jpeg

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

None that won't disappoint you extremely!
    Wait, I take that back...

haha, thanks. I was hoping to use these to satiate my desire for pinball while i decide/hunt for my first machine. I am not sure if i should save up and go for ToM, or go with JD freddy or T2 because i can afford them now .... hhmmm ? =/

#18 8 years ago

The Pinball Dreams/Fantasies for Amiga, was the one I played the most until Visual Pinball arrived. Nothing beats the design of the real thing. WPHOF is not released in Eurozone for 360, so...

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerSaw:

not sure if i should save up and go for ToM

I had fun playing TOM! That pin was made for LED's!
    That and Tiger Saws!!!

#20 8 years ago

How about Dragon Fury on the Genesis or TG-16? I think it's cool in that it doesn't try to emulate pinball. It just combines pinball and Castlevania.

For a real pinball feel I'd say VirtualPinball w/ PinMame. It's a great way of trying almost any game you can think of, plus some need user created content.

#21 8 years ago

Definitely the Williams collection. Best reproduction and physics IMO. Zen and Marvel tables are fun, but I just don't like the feel of them. Again, my opinion.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

The sequel to that game is Dragon's Revenge, for Genesis. The last boss looks very Freudian to me...

http://pinballbayarea.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/if-freud-made-a-pinball-game/

#23 8 years ago

The Zen games for the consoles are getting better with each release but the one I've heard that has the best physics on the consoles is Williams Pinball Hall of Fame.

The best physics on any system are on the emulators for the PC. Google "vpinmame forum" and that community should come up.

My main complaint with the Zen games is you can trap just about anything and a lot of the flipper skills don't work like you expect (bounce passes, post passes, etc). Casuals won't notice it, however, and will appreciate the eye candy in Zen games.

#24 8 years ago

Here's a great review of pinball on different consoles all through the ages. tons of pinball i've never heard of!
    Definitely worth a look.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/07/01/pinball-wizardry.aspx

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

The sequel to that game is Dragon's Revenge, for Genesis. The last boss looks very Freudian to me...

http://pinballbayarea.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/if-freud-made-a-pinball-game/

haha, that game looks amazing.

#26 8 years ago

First time listener, long-time caller...

Williams HoF for the 360 and Wii are definitely best of breed. I have a soft spot in my heart for Video Pinball for the Atari 2600, mentioned earlier. About 15 years ago, I used to put in some good hours on Pinball for the CD-i. The absolute worst is Pac-Man Pinball for the GameBoy Advance.

#27 8 years ago

Williams Pinball Hall of Fame on PS2 rocks.
    Great way to learn the machines and their rules.
    PS3 one is ok but not much better if at all.

#28 8 years ago

Devils Crush for the TurboGrafx 16 without a doubt!

dc1.png Devil_s_Crush_-_Naxat_Pinball-3-full.png devilscrush.jpg

#29 8 years ago

The Williams Collection is AMAZING! thank you so much guys, you were so right. My girlfriend, her nehew, and I played it for like 2 hours today. As it turns out my girlfriend and a 10 year old are both better at it than i am! haha

still so much fun I dont even care. The only bad thing about it is it makes me want to own Medieval Madness! and that pin is $$$

#30 8 years ago

Just wait until you play it for REAL!!!
    Say goodbye to whatever cash, car, organs you had previously cherished!
    You will want one ASAP!

MM.jpg

I am not kidding!!!
    A-S-A-P!!!
    I am already going through withdrawals...

#31 8 years ago

I've played a lot of computerized pinball, from Paddle Pinball on the TRS-80 to modern times; for my money the best so far is the Williams collection on the Wii. Not so much for the physics, but for the simple fact that shaking the machine is controlled by shaking the controllers, instead of pressing a button. For me that goes a long ways towards making it feel like playing pinball.

Personally I think the physics still has some ways to go, and they missed some of the details on the machines; for example, playing Pin-Bot, when you lock a ball just after the ball lock opens, the voices for opening the ball lock and locking ball 1 end up on top of each other instead of queueing up like they should; and playing Sorcerer, I've seen the ball go backwards through the ball lock, up the habitrail, and all the way around and down the ramp, which is just physically impossible on the actual machine. I've also had numerous balls fall off the table entirely so that the game has to give you a new ball at the plunger. Still, even with these defects, it's still the best pinball out there that's not a physical machine.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'm running Visual Pinball on a Windows 7 64bit system. It was kind of a pain in the ass to set up, but I followed these directions carefully:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?automodule=downloads&req=idx&cmd=viewdetail&f_id=2990

Thanks, you inspired me to try again. And, following the instructions, and putting roms in the right place I got Visual Pinball to work. And now I'm able to play my current favorite pin,
    THE X-FILES!!!

Loving it.

#33 8 years ago

/another vote for PHOF on a 360

Gentlemen....pay attention:

When I brought up the idea of getting a pinball machine, it wasn't met with much enthusiasm from the significant other. I got the ol' rolleyes expression.

I ordered a copy of the williams' collection for the 360 off ebay, and got her to play. "Well, maybe just one".... That turned into "Well, maybe 3 or 4, so I can have people over for drinks and a pinball party". That was her talking, not me.

Now, it's pretty much a given that the basement (once the reno's done) gets 3 or 4 pins, and I don't have to "make up" for using the space later.

The only trouble is, she wants MM and TOTAN. lol

#34 8 years ago

Sorry, but I just have to give another vote for Pinball Hall of Fame - The Williams Collection on the Xbox 360. I found that game in a bargain bin at Toys R Us and I am so glad I snatched it up when I saw it. My dream would be to have enough $$$ to basically own all the real pins that are included in that game, well, except for Jive Time.

#35 8 years ago

I'd love to see xbox bring out DLC for that game.

I'd pay for each new table!

#36 8 years ago

I like Pro Pinball tables,they are little bit hard,but this is not a problem

#37 8 years ago

LOL, For Video Game Pinball #coughing# - NOTHING beats a Visual Pinball setup inside a REAL PINBALL CABINET - PERIOD!
    The whole setup is always custom - mod it with 3 Monitors, Tilt sensors, RGB LEDs, Solenoids.

Check out my youtube channel for videos http://www.youtube.com/user/boogies2

Please, let me know if my Hefeweizen is just going to my head (yeah, I know nothing beats the real thing), but a Hyperpin setup is simply the best subsitute to the real thing.

#38 8 years ago

A couple of pics of my setup....

1.JPG 2.JPG

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from manowar43:

Devils Crush for the TurboGrafx 16 without a doubt!

Where the hell did I play this game? It was on a home console, and I think had a different name, but the game looks identical. Dragon's Fury? I think? Probably on the Sega Genisis.

#40 8 years ago

Could be the first game, Alien Crush, but I don't remember what system it was on.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

NOTHING beats a Visual Pinball setup inside a REAL PINBALL CABINET - PERIOD!

Im glad it works for you! This is just from where I am sitting though ... I think that looks really lame. The angle doesnt look right, and if you're going to play video-game pinball, why bother with a cabinet? I've never once ever thought to myself "Know what would make Call of Duty better? STANDING!" .... same goes for this. This table is in the williams collection, I can sit comfortably on my couch and play till my hearts content, change camera angles, and it cost me next to nothing.

Not trying to insult you or anything, I just want to know what you think makes that set-up more enjoyable/make sense ?

If I am going to drop 1000-9000 dollars on a table, i'd want it to be real ...

#42 8 years ago

Yea but the title of post says pinball video games the best ever. As far as that goes, I would have to agree with boogies on this one. The best type of 'video game' that simulates pinball is one similar to boogies setup. The simulations on consoles do not feel real to me at all. Great to sit on the couch and play a game but for my preference it would not be a simulation pinball game using a controller just feels too cheesy to me.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerSaw:

Im glad it works for you! This is just from where I am sitting though ... I think that looks really lame. The angle doesnt look right, and if you're going to play video-game pinball, why bother with a cabinet? I've never once ever thought to myself "Know what would make Call of Duty better? STANDING!" .... same goes for this. This table is in the williams collection, I can sit comfortably on my couch and play till my hearts content, change camera angles, and it cost me next to nothing.

Give it some time TigerSaw and I bet you'll change your mind. Pinball is very much about the physical interaction, and that involves standing up to the machine, flicking the buttons, nudging the table. This is just not possible on any video game except for a cabinet with Visual Pinball. The machines even have tilt sensors which replicate the real thing.

Real machine > Visual Pinball in a cabinet > pinball on xbox, wii, ps3, computer, etc...

#44 8 years ago

I have a Williams Pinball Collection on my PSP - I really enjoy that collection too. I can change the angles, althought I have it set to rotational - FullScreen and never change the angle. Its fun to play in the mall, on the coach, etc... It cannot compare to my Hyperpin Cabinet. The cabinet is to give you that "Authenic Feeling". Yes, I can change the angles on my Hyperpin - but don't need to. You can run VP without a cabinet - there are tons of 4:3 tables that are available on it. The physics of VP are top notch, and FP = not too good, but FP has some awesome original creations.

I've never once ever thought to myself "Know what would make Call of Duty better? STANDING!"

COD was never an Arcade Machine, so a cabinet would never be "Authentic Feeling". Yes, COD in a cabinet would feel wrong. I have also created a xBox 360 Arcade Cabinet - It's name is 360 X Fighter, cuz SFIV AE, MK9, MVC3 are 2 awesome to be sitting down playing on a coach. Now I am getting Off Topic, but cabinets are created to help simulate the original experience of the games played on them.
    360XFighter.JPG

#45 8 years ago

Marvel pinball and williams pinball collection for PS3. The williams collection for the Wii sucks in comparison because you don't get MM, NGG or TOTAN!!!

#46 8 years ago

BTW, if you have a PS3 and Marvel pinball, what is your PSN id? Mine is fiji_px if you want to friend me to help your hero score.

#47 8 years ago

I have also created a xBox 360 Arcade Cabinet

Does the player next to you have cooties?
    Fighting cabinets are intimate...
    Let's get a little closer shall we???

Here is a project I will be starting one day...

vewlix.jpg

And I do mean "one day"....

(In old man voice...)
    "In my day...
    We would stand shoulder to sweaty shoulder and duke it out like MEN!"
    "Quarters on the glass- as Faaaaaar as the eye could see...! *cough* THOSE were the days!"

SFII.JPG

"Uphill to the Arcade! BOTH ways!!!"

#48 8 years ago

Metroid Prime Pinball was very good. The gameplay is great and uses the rumble pack of the DS (came with it originally all for $30!). It also does stuff impossible in real life, like the ball (which is Samus Aran, of course) will stop and stand up on the play field for a quick mode. Kinda like a video mode diversion on real pins.

#49 8 years ago

VP/pinmame/FP w/ a hyperpin front end will always suck. Even in a jazzed up pinball style cabinet (or gutted one).

The reason it's terrible, is because it depends on non optimized, community created content. It's aweful crap. You can dress a pig in a dress, but it's still a pig.

I'd love to see real software developers make full table pinballs. Sadly, that will never happen. There's not enough money in it. The target market is just too small.

The bar was set with the xbox 360's Williams Collection. Dressed up Pinmame isn't good enough.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gusphan:

Give it some time TigerSaw and I bet you'll change your mind. Pinball is very much about the physical interaction, and that involves standing up to the machine, flicking the buttons, nudging the table. This is just not possible on any video game except for a cabinet with Visual Pinball. The machines even have tilt sensors which replicate the real thing.

Thats what I mean, is I want it to be real. You have a stand-up video game essentially. Sure it's CLOSER to the real thing, but it isnt the real thing. If you're gonna play a video game, which is what yours is, then sit down, but your feet up, play. If you are going to stand at a cabinet, and nudge a table, I want it to be real.

It seems like you're stopping 5 steps from the finish line with a video pinball machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 248.85
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 2,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 16.95
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.04
    Playfield - Plastics
    F14 Tomcat Slingshots Out of stock
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 159.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside