5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arakissun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

And in their MM you can trap a ball ejected from the castle trough or coming out of the pops area every single time, on either side you want by doing a dead flip if needed.

Agreed. But one thing that TPA allows people to do without worrying about plunking in another dollar of quarters when they drainX3, is giving them a chance to experiment with what flipper technique works on TPA pins different feeds like the castle trough and recognizing the value of attempting to consistently control the ball. While real pinball is NOWHERE close to the consistency of TPA, I think learning that there ARE relatively consistent feeds possible on different physical copies of each pin is a great mindset to develop: Which feeds on a pin am I going to encounter frequently? And what are the different flipper technique tools in my arsenal to try to control the ball instead of flail away at the feed?

Then try each one to see if one works. Once you find that one that works most of the time: it becomes your go-to response to that feed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-video-games-simulations-vs-the-real-thing?tu=Snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.