(Topic ID: 59787)

Pinball Veterans Tips for dealing with Wives

By Jared

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    Wife_pic.jpg
    Balance.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider singlebanana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Banker:

Wife is not a pinball fan. All pins downstairs, her interest , collectables on the other two floors. Always listen to her wants, and needs. Buy quickly, life is good!

My wife is not a fan of pinball, but has never criticized me for my hobby. I keep bringing in machines and filling up the place and she doesn't say a word; she'll even take care of our two young kids without complaint when I want to go pick up a machine. She even helps me unload them!!!

With this said, I believe that her unwillingness or need to complain keeps me in check. It's like some Jedi mind trick. I always wonder how she is going to feel about me taking up the space and therefore, have determined how many machines I can comfortably put into "our" space and allow for things for her and the family. Sometimes I think nagging only makes us do things we shouldn't and silence makes us think more about what we are doing.

Unfortunately, my wife doesn't have any hobbies and doesn't collect anything. I actually wish that she did enjoy collecting something so that she could focus her energies on something that she really likes. I'm just lucky in regards to finding someone so humble who allows me to enjoy what I do.

I echo the advice of others. The maintenance of my machines is currently in a slow state, but it's not due to laziness, only spending time with my family and helping out with the housework/yardwork and kids. I wouldn't have it any other way. Family first.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider singlebanana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-veterans-tips-for-dealing-with-wifes?tu=singlebanana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.