Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 9.13.48 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

The prices appearing on the game's profile are based on ads for games that get marked as sold in the marketplace.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

It would be nice if the algorithm was made public, though.
    I'd love to see an interactive website like KBB somewhere with fields for certain mods that are tied to the sale price, so you can really see what a certain mod does to the resale price of a pin. You know, similar to how most home improvements don't add the full value of their cost to the house.
    So for example, I see people routinely discount the full $400 for a ColorDMD if you want it removed and replaced with the old DMD. On the other hand I personally subtract about $300 if I see a machine with an LED "Skittles treatment" since I'll have to replace most if not all of the LEDs since I only use white for GI. What does having a CPR playfield do to the price on average?
    Then you could theoretically plug in your machine and the mods you had and get a fair estimate of value.

It's just an estimated value/range to use as a starting point.

Mods come and go.

LEDs are a personal preference.

Depending on the game, sometimes a CPR playfield bumps up the value, sometimes not. Some games have a price ceiling, regardless of condition.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Curious though, what CPR playfield hasn't bumped the price on a machine? My assumption is that a CPR replaces a worn playfield, though I imagine someone must have replaced a relatively pristine playfield with a CPR. Even that seems like it would increase the value because of the new clear.

Mainly older games that typically sell below $1500 or so. Space Shuttle, Joker Poker, EK, F-14, Bally Star Trek, etc

Putting in a brand new $800 playfield does not automatically increase the value of the game by $800.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Oh, I see what you're saying. I think we agree - a CPR playfield increases the value over a roached playfield, but generally doesn't capture the cost of even installing it since a playfield swap is so time consuming.

Exactly. It usually ends up being a labor of love rather than a monetary increase in value.

However, for high-value popular titles, a proper high-end restore to like-new condition (such as a HEP restoration) can drastically increase the value well over the price of a nice original, simply because it costs so much to actually do that begin with.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from brianmcculloh:

This is getting closer to the point of my original question. I'm not saying I even care about the values at all - I just want to know how they work. I had originally thought they were automatically generated as a mean of the marketplace sales of the machines, but seeing as how there have been several machines sold at various costs over the past year, and the value hasn't changed at all, it makes me think there is some sort of fixed value in place instead. Just curious guys... just curious, it's not that deep

You'll have to ask robin about specifics.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-value-calculations?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.