Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 9.13.48 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianmcculloh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I just have a question about how Pinside values the various pinball machines. I noticed that all 3 of the pinball machines I've purchased have had a fixed value for over a year here on Pinside, never fluctuating despite there being lots of market activity on each one of them. Do the values get updated as more machines process through the market, or are they pretty much just set and never change? I know these values are merely guides, but since they're there I'm curious how they work. Thanks for any insight!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

Is this calculated from all sales or is there a look back period? As pinside gets older and there is more sales data it's neat to see that a pin sold for $500 10 years ago but it's not that helpful in determining current value. A nice feature would be the ability to set a begin date like 1 year or 18 months back and get values based on that date range. If the values on the game pages are calculated periodically and stored in a database this could be tough but if they are calculated on the fly when the page loads it doesn't seem like that tough of a filter to write.

This is getting closer to the point of my original question. I'm not saying I even care about the values at all - I just want to know how they work. I had originally thought they were automatically generated as a mean of the marketplace sales of the machines, but seeing as how there have been several machines sold at various costs over the past year, and the value hasn't changed at all, it makes me think there is some sort of fixed value in place instead. Just curious guys... just curious, it's not that deep

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

You'll have to ask Robin about specifics.

Thanks, I appreciate the info!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianmcculloh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-value-calculations?tu=brianmcculloh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.