Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Trivia Quiz: Name at least two separate backglasses that have the World Trade Center Twin Towers on one backglass, and then the image of the Sears Tower on another backglass?

Name those pinball machines....First one to name at least two, "gets nothing and likes it", and the satisfaction of knowing pinball trivia.

Clue#1:_Two different Pinball manufacturers'
    Clue#2:____________________________

#2 10 years ago

Blue chip

#3 10 years ago

Gottlieb's Big Hit has Sears Tower.

#4 10 years ago

Central Park-Twin Towers
    Big hit- Sears/Willis

#5 10 years ago

Update:

Gottlieb's Big Hit has Sears Tower.
    Williams' Police Force has the World Trade Center's twin towers.

#6 10 years ago

I own Big Hit and didn't know that!

#7 10 years ago

I was thinking of Gottlieb's Big Hit, but not Police Force, Central Park, or Blue Chip. Police Force would qualify since it is not a Gottlieb. However, their is at least one more pinball machine not mentioned above that has the World Trade Center Twin Towers on it.

Clue# 2: It is a mirrored backglass

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I was thinking of Gottlieb's Big Hit, but not Police Force, Central Park, or Blue Chip. Police Force would qualify since it is not a Gottlieb. However, their is at least one more pinball machine not mentioned above that has the World Trade Center Twin Towers on it.
    Clue# 2: It is a mirrored backglass

Central park was made well before ground even broke for the World Trade Center. It has an Empire State or Chrysler Building image though. IIRC, Blue Chip does not have the WTC on it. Police Force does.

#10 10 years ago

King Kong,

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from MattElder:

AGBGOAWT has both of them on it.

Sorry, but the Chicago building drawn on Al's Garage Band is the John Hancock Center, not Sears Tower (which is now named Willis Tower).

#12 10 years ago

King Kong (the Pin) is unique in that unlike the three movies, the pinball version is portrayed in Chicago. The Data East backglass has both Sears Tower and John Hancock Center portrayed.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from MattElder:

AGBGOAWT has both of them on it.

Yes, I was thinking of "Al's Garage Band World Tour" as the other for the Twin Towers and "Big Hit" for the Sears Tower.

Thanks to all for playing Pinball Trivia. Who has the next Trivia Question?

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Sorry, but the Chicago building drawn on Al's Garage Band is the John Hancock Center, not Sears Tower (which is now named Willis Tower).

Ah, good call, Bruce. I know the trade center towers are on there, though....

#15 10 years ago

Big Hurt (not big hit) looks like its got the sears tower on the sideart but not the backglass. That should earn me the same prize that everyone else got. NOTHING!

#16 10 years ago

You forgot, "Road Kings."

#17 10 years ago

Doesn't Chicago Cubs Triple Play have the sears tower on it??

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Doesn't Chicago Cubs Triple Play have the sears tower on it??

I don't think Triple Play has the Sears/Willis Tower. I don't believe you can see the Sears/Willis Tower from Wrigley Field either....unless you have been drinking all day and night at the Cubby Bear....and playing pinball of course.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

You forgot, "Road Kings."

I didn't know Road Kings had both the Sears/Willis Tower and the John Hancock Building. Now I need to find a Road Kings.....Thanks.

#20 10 years ago

Get your sears tower memorabilia now. Larry Silverstein bought it a few years ago and we all know what happened to the twin towers a few years after he bought them.

#21 10 years ago

Airborne - Sears Tower and John Hancock

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I didn't know Road Kings had both the Sears/Willis Tower and the John Hancock Building. Now I need to find a Road Kings.....Thanks.

You can see them from some of the Wrigley Rooftops. Bally Technologies has hosted a party or twelve there and I have been fortunate to attend some.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

Airborne - Sears Tower and John Hancock

Okay this is another excellent example. I guess I will need to add Airborne to the wish list. Thanks for pointing this backglass out for discussion. Again, more beers at the Cubby Bear and this vision of the Chicago skyline becomes much clearer and easier understood. What a great city.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You can see them from some of the Wrigley Rooftops. Bally Technologies has hosed a party or twelve there and I have been fortunate to attend some.

That is great. You are lucky, unlike the Cubbies. One of these days for them.

How about a trivia question on pinball and Wrigley Field? It seems ever baseball pinball backglass from the 70's has a version of Wrigley. Any other baseball field images other than Wrigley?

#25 10 years ago

Big Hit portray's the original Comisky Park, home of the White Sox.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Big Hit portray's the original Comisky Park, home of the White Sox.

Now that is an interesting fact, and a keeper. It makes sense too.
    I had the chance to go to Comisky Park before they tore it down. I got a degree from IIT at night after work in the 1990's. Just getting to the car was always a bit edgy, even back then.

#27 10 years ago

I see the "Bone Busters" pinball machine Topper appears to have the Chicago skyline with the Sears Tower image. I just saw a Topper on Ebay.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Any other baseball field images other than Wrigley?

I think the new Comiskey Park is on Frank Thomas' Big Hurt.

#29 10 years ago

What skyline is shown on Godzilla? New York isn't it?

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What skyline is shown on Godzilla? New York isn't it?

New York City.

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-trivia-twin-towers-and-sears-tower-backglass-quiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.