Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Sinestro
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51FdOtPQ2VL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    ghostbusters-810x433 (resized).jpg
    Eddie Murphy_ (resized).jpg
    Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-still-2 (resized).jpg
    Prince (resized).jpg
    Back to the Future (resized).png
    batman (resized).jpg
    80s-neon (resized).jpg
    8F639356-4FE4-4BCC-9B1C-D2CAE2D32EC3 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NimblePin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

But you can't stick it on a turd and expect people to be excited, the game still matters.

WNBJM is the probably the FARThest thing from a so called “turd”, in my pincyclopedia.
    Pretty damn harsh really Aurich.

I’d go so far as to say that my most favorite Sasquatch and his bespectacled handler did a FANTASTIC job turning their throwback gobble-hole-manual-ball-liftin’ passion project into a more relatable game for those unfamiliar with such old EM devices.

At TPF 15’ it was pretty much all I played.
    And while I did miss those two classic woodrail features from the original homebrew, it was still the same addicting gameplay I fell in love with a few years before.

Sure I’ll admit it’s still a fairly simple layout by today’s standards, but, easy it definitely wasn’t.

Getting to Thumpin’ Time was always a rush and the funny callouts mixed with the custom music was perfectly balanced.
    I especially loved the fast right orbit shot upper rollover star to cue up the old cartoon flyover soundbite.

PBRCC was a bit different for me as I didn’t enjoy much of the new callouts/sounds. Even though Red Fang (as a band) was a decent fit, it still missed the mark even though it still played like WNBJM.

Now with the Primus re-re-theme, this version (from what I’ve seen so far,) is right up my jubilant late 80’s/early 90’s wheelhouse.
    Great music, even better art, classic solid state sounds, what’s not to love?!?
    Oh yeah, the price...
    Honestly that’s the ONLY sticking point for me and probably most others in this whole thing.

To quote Chris Rock’s Cheap Pete character:
    Good LORD ____ that’s a lotta money!

(Why no HD glass for that price Gary/Les?)

But as a lifelong Primus fan finally seeing this game come out in the flesh, I’ll go ahead and put my money where my mouth is.
    If someone wants my decently loaded GBP for $6K I’ll be happy to pony up the rest for a 1 of 108 Primus Pinball!

Now,
    If they could only finish what the original owners were asking for, to update the original WNBJM code (and all future incarnations) to allow a regular DMD to be used in conjunction with the microscopic one, I’d be more inclined to open my wallet for said Primus, and any other future themes this NON-TURD layout might become.

At the very least bring back the sweet lower crate!

#29 5 years ago

8F639356-4FE4-4BCC-9B1C-D2CAE2D32EC3 (resized).jpeg8F639356-4FE4-4BCC-9B1C-D2CAE2D32EC3 (resized).jpeg

CTG : P

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NimblePin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-trends-in-2019?tu=NimblePin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.