Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Sinestro
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51FdOtPQ2VL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    ghostbusters-810x433 (resized).jpg
    Eddie Murphy_ (resized).jpg
    Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-still-2 (resized).jpg
    Prince (resized).jpg
    Back to the Future (resized).png
    batman (resized).jpg
    80s-neon (resized).jpg
    8F639356-4FE4-4BCC-9B1C-D2CAE2D32EC3 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Goodbye 80’s, you were fun to be around at all the parties. Hello 90’s, did anything interesting happen on your watch?

No, not really.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Franchi, we love pinball and we love to talk shit about it, praise it, and we love to buy these games. What don't you get about that?
    I just bought a Beatles despite the shitty art package! Just kidding, i love it. Along with BM66 btw
    Good lord dude, who gives a F who likes it or doesn't? I'm pretty sure you, Donny and Yeti get blown regularly on here. The art is phenomenal. Take your panties off and grow a pair.
    WTF

If I like wearing panties, that's MY business!

#53 5 years ago

The stupidly expensive used pins will get a little cheaper in fear that CGC will remake them. The formerly reasonably priced pins will get more expensive.

People will complain about a new Stern table. Then buy it. Then get bored with it. Repeat.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Goodbye 80’s, you were fun to be around at all the parties. Hello 90’s, did anything interesting happen on your watch?

Actually the 90s were way better than the 80s. At least from my perspective. People got real again.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Actually the 90s were way better than the 80s. At least from my perspective. People got real again.

People got lame....for the first time.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

People got lame....for the first time.

That was pretty much the 80s wasn't it?

80s-neon (resized).jpg80s-neon (resized).jpg

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

If I like wearing panties, that's MY business!

You and me both, Lacey style. Wife loves it!

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That was pretty much the 80s wasn't it?
    [quoted image]

I remember these things more.

Back to the Future (resized).pngBack to the Future (resized).pngEddie Murphy_ (resized).jpgEddie Murphy_ (resized).jpgPrince (resized).jpgPrince (resized).jpgRaiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-still-2 (resized).jpgRaiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-still-2 (resized).jpgbatman (resized).jpgbatman (resized).jpgghostbusters-810x433 (resized).jpgghostbusters-810x433 (resized).jpg
    #59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I remember these things more.

Is that second picture MC Hammer?

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That would be 1990.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

That would be 1990.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Bitch please, like you don't remember Raw.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Bitch please, like you don't remember Raw.

I also remember "Disco Bill" but is ancient history now.

#64 5 years ago

U Can't Touch This broke in the spring of 1990.

The general population had no fucking idea who MC Hammer was before 1990.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

U Can't Touch This broke in the spring of 1990.

The general population had no fucking idea who MC Hammer was before 1990.

Apparently his 1988 album "Let's Get It Started" went double platinum because nobody had heard of him. And his appearance on Arsenio in 1989 playing "U Can't Touch This" must have gone completely unnoticed. But yeah, that was just more 80s junk I didn't really care about.

#66 5 years ago

They must have.....since the song didn't break mainstream until the spring of 1990.

Hammer is a 90's artist. All his hits charted in the 90's.

#67 5 years ago

I do remember him hanging out on the sidelines of Atlanta Falcons games in the early 90s, but that's neither here nor there. It don't matter. The 80s had so much other garbage anyway. As did the 90s or any other decade. I just enjoyed the 90s more because it seemed more relaxed and more real to me.

I'd say the 70s were more enjoyable than the 80s as well, but being a teen then, that may have something to do with that.

#68 5 years ago

I think BW games and sterns of the 2000-2010 era will deflate in price a lot because of all the new games coming out. We see top end BW games (MM/AFM/MB etc) already suffering a 20-30% downward trend. Too many new games, and even if there is enough money (which there definitely isn't), there isn't enough space!

I love the guys at Stern; I think they continually knock it out the park and next year will be no different. The remain the leading force in pinball and still the guys to beat (and nobody has come close IMO).

Deeproot either become pinball kings or pinball clowns, I'm thinking of doing reversible t-shirts for TPF with that printed on it LOL - 4 months until that D-Day at TPF and I hope they make it!

JJP and CGC both had a tough year this year and I think they will have learned from it and will bounce back with strong new games by Expo in 2019.

Spooky will do what spooky always do, make greatness.

American Pinball look like they have a huge hit with Ocktoberfest its a super fun game.

Someone will come out with PinballArena where micro lasers invisibly illuminate the play field, all controllable with a bluetooth brain implant.

Levi and the beef bangers will run another epic NYC tourney

Pinburgh ticket sales will break the internet.

and Stern will arrange George Lucas to deliver the R2D2 topper to that asshat that keeps posting on their facebook page!

Pinsider's will wait until they play a game before pissing all over it LOL.

OK somethings just won't change!

In anycase- folks its been a pleasure living through 2018 on Pinside with you all!

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

its been a pleasure living through 2018 on Pinside with you all!

You too!

And thanks for breaking up that last conversation and reminding us all what year we are actually living in now.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Funny!
    I took my 96 year old mother to Costco today and when we came out there was a Smart car parked next to mine.
    Mom- "What is that?!" Me-"some piece of shit..."
    Then some dude in a Suburban yelled at an asian lady that was about to back into his truck. Ah Costco.....

It might have been mine, I take my Smart car to Costco, and am always impressed with how much groceries I'm able to fit in it !

#71 5 years ago

In 2019 Kman will take a math class and figure out what COGS versus "wholesale/net margins" on a pin means. Yes, "fixed overhead" is a real thing that gets applied to every single pin!!! Stick to marketing and what you know.

That's questionable too, "pinside has zero impact on who buys what pins but i do with my podcast"! Seriously, are you really in marketing, see below?

And Brenda will make him see a doctor to cure his overwhelming narcissism. Not....Love you man

Hey Brenda, its still not too late!

#72 5 years ago

Will 2019 be the year we finally get that Bill Cosby themed game?

51FdOtPQ2VL._SY445_ (resized).jpg51FdOtPQ2VL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    #73 5 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think BW games and sterns of the 2000-2010 era will deflate in price a lot because of all the new games coming out. We see top end BW games (MM/AFM/MB etc) already suffering a 20-30% downward trend.

Do ÿou really think classic dmds are going down? I ask because theonly examples are the three that have now been remade. The rst seem to have maybe slowed the climb up, but still crazy high in most cases.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Spooky will do what spooky always do, make greatness.

American Pinball look like they have a huge hit with Ocktoberfest its a super fun game.

Totally agree with both of these statements!

I will be getting an Oktoberfest pin in 2019. And hopefully Acnc arrives by January

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Do ÿou really think classic dmds are going down? I ask because theonly examples are the three that have now been remade. The rst seem to have maybe slowed the climb up, but still crazy high in most cases.

Here in the UK its already happening - several really nice examples of big BW games (Totan, CV MM AFM MB TZ) have sold for well below what you might expect.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Here in the UK its already happening - several really nice examples of big BW games (Totan, CV MM AFM MB TZ) have sold for well below what you might expect.

In with the new and out with the old as they say.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

They must have.....since the song didn't break mainstream until the spring of 1990.
    Hammer is a 90's artist. All his hits charted in the 90's.

You guys do know that’s not MC hammer, right?

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You guys do know that’s not MC hammer, right?

LOL! I do!

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-trends-in-2019/page/2?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.